This is NOT a talent problem folks!

arktiger1975

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

You know we were outbid for a fact? I’d be curious to know what our bid was then. 

No.  I just know I heard Bruce say in an interview that our total NIL collective is mid level SEC and it has to allocate $$$ for all sports.  I just assume the going rate for elite QB's was more than Hugh wanted or could spend, especially since we were (and are) so deficient in talent at many other positions.

16 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Rane is the reason why Freeze is the HC and is the reason why Freeze will get at least 1 more year, possibly 2 more years to turn this around.  I’m afraid we have a lot more loser football to endure. 

And Rane's net worth is 1.2 billion. Sounds like a lot of the bigwigs with the dough want the average fan to foot the bill for NIL when they should be the ones ponying up I will NOT let someone worth 1.2 billion tell me I need to give money, they can kiss my a--.

Edited by arktiger1975
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, TripleDegreeTiger said:

Harsin's teams dropped off when Nix got hurt. Do you think Freeze's record would be better with Nix instead of Thorne?

I don’t. I simply have Zero faith in the coaching ability of HF. And, this is my opinion only, but he sure he doing a great job of making me correct. I honestly don’t see even a number 1 recruiting class matter. This team is undisciplined and very unlikely to be relevant in football again, until this staff is gone. Honestly, there are no easy answers, as we can’t attract bigger name coaches, so I just don’t know anymore. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

I don’t. I simply have Zero faith in the coaching ability of HF. And, this is my opinion only, but he sure he doing a great job of making me correct. I honestly don’t see even a number 1 recruiting class matter. This team is undisciplined and very unlikely to be relevant in football again, until this staff is gone. Honestly, there are no easy answers, as we can’t attract bigger name coaches, so I just don’t know anymore. 

And remember, he only won at ole miss because he cheated and bought players.

21 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

I genuinely have lost interest in the team and don’t plan to watch em , perhaps they’ll go on a run.

Not going to happen this year or next. Is the Sun Belt still a conference? We could humidity in top 3 or 4 in that one. Maybe? 

2 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Fair enough and can understand that.

I don't think Freeze is why Auburn unlikely be relevant. I think NIL is what will be our death.

Course we will probably bring in Rhett and he will win a NC with Freeze's players.

18 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

And Rane's net worth is 1.2 billion. Sounds like a lot of the bigwigs with the dough want the average fan to foot the bill for NIL when they should be the ones ponying up I will NOT let someone worth 1.2 billion tell me I need to give money, they can kiss my a--.

I don't blame you at all for that. Why I'm losing interest in college sports as a whole.

That comment is why I believe Auburn is DOA in the NIL era.

I mean if I had that kind of money and my choices were give it to some 18 year old kid that can't catch a ball or buy a new yacht, park it off of Greece, and do freaky things with young women I have no business being with..... well..... enjoy your 1 and 12 season sir.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TripleDegreeTiger said:

I don't blame you at all for that. Why I'm losing interest in college sports as a whole.

I mean if I had that kind of money and my choices were give it to some 18 year old kid that can't catch a ball or buy a new yacht, park it off of Greece, and do freaky things with young women I have no business being with..... well..... enjoy your 1 and 12 season sir.

Yep. They remind me of those rich televangelists telling poor and middle class people to tithe and donate money. While they are living a life of luxury.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

I mean even VANDY! VANDY!! knew to get a QB in the portal and look at them.

Along with the OB, Lea went out and hired some good asst. coaches that knows how to relate to their players AND COACH them. 

Do we blame both 4th qtr collapses this year on talent or coaching decisions? Looking at you OU and Mizzou.  🤔

Edited by NoALtiger

Talent problem?

"If you naysayers and whiners wanna complain, get off the sofa and onto the field. Take some hits"...Bo Jackson

Alabama locker room sign: "Be a champion".

We do. You don't.

1 hour ago, tinman1 said:

No.  I just know I heard Bruce say in an interview that our total NIL collective is mid level SEC and it has to allocate $$$ for all sports.  I just assume the going rate for elite QB's was more than Hugh wanted or could spend, especially since we were (and are) so deficient in talent at many other positions.

This was not what is being alluded by some insiders. Bruce is probably speaking for solely a basketball perspective but it has been alluded that Freeze has good support from the money makers to get a QB. He apparently chose not to go this route. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, creed said:

So when you were 21 when you messed up was it on you or your parents?

What if you proved you couldn’t handle the keys to the liquor cabinet but your parents continued to hand you the keys to the liquor cabinet?

Edited by PigskinPat
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

What if you proved you couldn’t handle the keys to the liquor cabinet but your parents continued to hand you the keys to the liquor cabinet?

I believe your analogy is where we stand. However, I still believe our #1 issue is the oline. The LOS is where the "REAL" game is played.

Edited by creed
  • Like 1

It's coaching and definitely talent level. Our best players are freshman & sophomores with a Sr QB that no one seems to believe in because they all know what they're getting with him. On top of that, you have a below average QB who now knows he's playing no matter how ineffective he is. Hard to find a positive.

Edited by boisnumber1

12 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

It's coaching and definitely talent level. Our best players are freshman & sophomores with a Sr QB that no one seems to believe in because they all know what they're getting with him. On top of that, you have a below average QB who now knows he's playing no matter how ineffective he is. Hard to find a positive.

and he's playing behind a below average offensive line. A below average qb behind a below average oline is not a winning formula in the SEC.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

Wasn't it Freeze who handpicked Thorne? Wasnt it Freeze who decided not to get a qb this offseason? 

I imagine most players on the roster are his at this point. Between the 2 recruiting classes and all the transfers there can’t be a whole of leftovers left. 

1 hour ago, creed said:

I believe your analogy is where we stand. However, I still believe our #1 issue is the oline. The LOS is where the "REAL" game is played.

you do know its the parents fault, in this analogy, yes?

54 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Other than Keldric Faulk, which of the Freshman or Sophomores are our "best players"? This is a nonsense statement that keeps being made:

Leading receiver: Lambert-Smith (SR). No, neither Cam Coleman nor Simmons are better than him.

Leading rusher: Hunter (SR)

Best QB: Thorne (SR) (yes, as underwhelming as he is)

Most sacks: McCleod (SR) tied with Faulk (SO). Both have 5 sacks. McCleod had 2 sacks today.

Most tackles: Mausi Jr. (SR)

Yes, we have Sophomores and Jay Crawford in the secondary, but none of those guys are anywhere close to being our "best players". Hunter for example is much better than Lee, Kite, Sylvester Smith, etc.

3 hours ago, TripleDegreeTiger said:

Why do you think NIL is the problem and not Freeze? Do you think we have a top 5 2025 recruiting class without a ton of NIL money? 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

If you are getting blown out every week, it is probably a lack of talent. But when a team continuously pisses away leads and loses close games, it is 100% coaching. 

Who coaches Robert Lewis then?