This is NOT a talent problem folks!

arktiger1975

7 minutes ago, HabitualChiller said:

Yeah, no. You can coach around Thorne being trash. I mean, we coached around TJ Yeldon, who was just as bad. The O-line wasn't even that bad today, like, come on, man. The Mizzou QBs got sacked four times today and had pressure in their faces constantly. 

The oline wasn't that bad? Not sure what game you're watching but the goal of an oline is to move the LOS downfield on running plays, and to create passing pockets. We seldom  do that. We get stoned at the line on running plays and we get pushed into the pocket area on pass plays.

Edited by creed

2 minutes ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

The coaching problem is simply “Nah I’m not going to buy a QB. I’ll gamble on Thorne”

I mean even VANDY! VANDY!! knew to get a QB in the portal and look at them.

Did they? The story on that is that he walked on. 
Probably the best walk on they ever had.

3 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

This is an awful, lazy comparison. 

Ditto on your response.

2 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Did they? The story on that is that he walked on. 
Probably the best walk on they ever had.

I thought they did, but maybe I’m wrong on that.

maybe walked on with some added benefits 😂

Edited by SuperAUsome09

28 minutes ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

The coaching problem is simply “Nah I’m not going to buy a QB. I’ll gamble on Thorne”

I mean even VANDY! VANDY!! knew to get a QB in the portal and look at them.

As far as "not going to buy a QB".  Per Bruce Pearl, our "On to Victory" NIL collective is mid level SEC.  Freeze simply could not spend what some folks demanded for a top level QB.  He tried his best to get someone better than Thorne but the price tag was either too great or the folks were just not interested in Auburn or Hugh.  He gambled on Thorne improving and lost that bet.

At this time of the season my opinion (after 5 losses and more to come) is to bench Thorne and go with a youth movement.  Get experience for next year whether it Brown or White.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

As far as "not going to buy a QB".  Per Bruce Pearl, our "On to Victory" NIL collective is mid level SEC.  Freeze simply could not spend what some folks demanded for a top level QB.  He tried his best to get someone better than Thorne but the price tag was either too great or the folks were just not interested in Auburn or Hugh.  He gambled on Thorne improving and lost that bet.

At this time of the season my opinion (after 5 losses and more to come) is to bench Thorne and go with a youth movement.  Get experience for next year whether it Brown or White.

You know we were outbid for a fact? I’d be curious to know what our bid was then. 

5 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

You know we were outbid for a fact? I’d be curious to know what our bid was then. 

The qb to Vandy shows what pent up money can do with NIL. Vandy money has been in the stands so to speak and NIL has allowed there ultra wealth to be unleashed. 

Now what would happen if Harvard wanted to field a D1 football team.  Lol

Edited by creed

9 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

Gotta start winning some games before people put their hard earned money into into an NIL collective. Otherwise, you're just burning money 

30 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

Gotta start winning some games before people put their hard earned money into into an NIL collective. Otherwise, you're just burning money 

And you are not gonna beat the other guys until you start spending.

This is why I believe that Auburn being competitive for championships ended with the the NIL.

I am also waiting on the guaranteed improvement that was promised when we paid Gus 20 plus million to go away. Not saying we didn't need to move on, but had no faith in the admin to put in a better position.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TripleDegreeTiger said:

And you are not gonna beat the other guys until you start spending.

This is why I believe that Auburn being competitive for championships ended with the the NIL.

I am also waiting on the guaranteed improvement that was promised when we paid Gus 20 plus million to go away. Not saying we didn't need to move on, but had no faith in the admin to put in a better position.

And Freeze isn't upholding his promises either. I remember when he was hired, he promised a quick turnaround.

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

Nope the talent excuse is lame and worn out at this point. This is on coaching and the decisions that have been made. Hugh looks like a clown right now. 

Thank you. He’s never been anywhere near an elite coach or even serviceable. Plenty argue that with another good class, we will be competing at the top of the SEC. That is the furthest thing from the truth. Yes, BH was an awful recruiter, but his teams looked better than what we’ve seen the last year and a half. HF, for the recruiter he is, is not HC material for this league and never will be. Sad to see AU so irrelevant and such a laughing stock and an automatic win on everyone’s schedule. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

And Freeze isn't upholding his promises either. I remember when he was hired, he promised a quick turnaround.

Give me the plan for the money, the coach we got in hand, the finances to hold current players and recruiting class together and I'm on in for making a move in the next 10 minutes.

I also do not know what NIL funds were promised him when he took the job. I do know our NIL organization is ranked mid to lower level tier in conference though.

3 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Thank you. He’s never been anywhere near an elite coach or even serviceable. Plenty argue that with another good class, we will be competing at the top of the SEC. That is the furthest thing from the truth. Yes, BH was an awful recruiter, but his teams looked better than what we’ve seen the last year and a half. HF, for the recruiter he is, is not HC material for this league and never will be. Sad to see AU so irrelevant and such a laughing stock and an automatic win on everyone’s schedule. 

Harsin's teams dropped off when Nix got hurt. Do you think Freeze's record would be better with Nix instead of Thorne?

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

I genuinely have lost interest in the team and don’t plan to watch em , perhaps they’ll go on a run.

Same here. Each year we struggle, my interest in college football in general dwindles. Another bad year or two may do it for me forever.

• Like 1

Rane is the reason why Freeze is the HC and is the reason why Freeze will get at least 1 more year, possibly 2 more years to turn this around.  I’m afraid we have a lot more loser football to endure. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Yep that boy is like 17 to. Just think how good he’ll be in a couple years.

He’s 17?!  I never knew!