Vs Mizzou Post Game

ShocksMyBrain

27 minutes ago, alexava said:

Thorne is not good but he’s not terrible either. I don’t think we have a better option. HB showed it. We are just bad.  

No he’s definitely terrible. He’s arguably one of the worst QBs ever to have the privilege of wearing the AU jersey. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Everyone is missing the point with Thorne, its more then that, imho. This is a CHF failure and I feel CHF thinks that if he goes with HB it just proves that he failed to develop PT and really I think he just can't admit to that failing. I stated long ago we should just stay with HB even if we continue to lose, at least we are giving some playing time to someone that has more years left to play. He will make mistakes but throws a better ball imho...but I dont think CHF will do it.

I think he is Kobayashi Maru. If he plays HB and he get slaughtered then we are discussing how he is destroying the kids health, ruining his confidence, and not setting him up for success. HB will transfer and how ever will he get a good QB to come here after giving HB to the wolves.

I am disappointed we have not decided to go with a youth movement.

• Haha 1

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

No he’s definitely terrible. 

He is 1 step forward, and 6 steps backwards with the sack on 3rd and 3 for the game winning field goal and now we are out of range with no timeouts! 

27 minutes ago, e808 said:

Also why is Thorne throwing passes across the middle like that to Fairweather. This has happened several times. Big as he is the man shouldn’t be stretching and twirling to catch passes

That is who Thorne is.. one out of every 30 maybe 50 passes will be a good catchable pass. 

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

No he’s definitely terrible. He’s arguably one of the worst QBs ever to have the privilege of wearing the AU jersey. 

Agreed. His skill set is for  MAC team that plays on Wed Nite. Toledo, Western  Michigan  etc

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Disagree. We've just had such bad qb play we think him not throwing 3 picks means he did ok. The second he feels an ounce of pressure he loses all sense and mechanics. He couldn't lead them on a drive out of a wet paper bag. Sure maybe he alone didn't lose this game (improvement!) But he couldn't win it. 

U can say that again . There were three bad plays to Fairweather alone. That over throw when he was wide open hurt

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Van Buren looks freaking good.

His coach is helping him with the game plan and has developed him. Foreign concept for us AU fans. 😅

28 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes, this could be the major red flag we will all look at to be like that was the one. I am hoping he keeps recruiting well so the next coach has something to work with.

Gonna be sweet when Rhett comes in with Loeffler and we have a QB win 4 straight Heismans and NC's😆.

Ok, well maybe not the Loeffler part!

48 minutes ago, DAG said:

That was a major program changer. I can’t believe that. Such a black eye to this year. 

FSU strikes out at qb -> train wreck. Miami hits oil -> heading to the playoffs.

We could analyze for weeks what’s wrong. But why?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Disagree. We've just had such bad qb play we think him not throwing 3 picks means he did ok. The second he feels an ounce of pressure he loses all sense and mechanics. He couldn't lead them on a drive out of a wet paper bag. Sure maybe he alone didn't lose this game (improvement!) But he couldn't win it. 

Ok let me tighten up my statement. Thorne wasn’t the probably today that he has usually been.

12 minutes ago, TripleDegreeTiger said:

I think he is Kobayashi Maru. If he plays HB and he get slaughtered then we are discussing how he is destroying the kids health, ruining his confidence, and not setting him up for success. HB will transfer and how ever will he get a good QB to come here after giving HB to the wolves.

I am disappointed we have not decided to go with a youth movement.

Props for the Star Trek shout out! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

We were literally 1 play away from winning that game on 5 different plays. 

And yet we didn't. If birds had radios there'd be music in the air.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Great points. He WILL NOT  win a game for u.  Just don't have the ability. Just not a playmaker. Even when he don't throw picks his play is mediocre on his best day 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

He's not even the worst QB in this conference.

Don't get it twisted, he isn't good - but this team has MUCH bigger problems. He isn't why we are losing.

Oklahoma somehow beat us with a worse QB. I told you guys that true freshman they brought in didn't even do anything against us, and we still somehow blew it. OU just benched that kid today and brought Arnold back in. Tennessee is 5-1 with their hotshot who has a worse QB rating than Thorne does. They just benched him today vs. Bama.

Brady Cook wasn't even good today. On that last drive alone he had how many poor throws? But because we are a loser team, we made him look like a hero.

11 minutes ago, metafour said:

He's not even the worst QB in this conference.

Don't get it twisted, he isn't good - but this team has MUCH bigger problems. He isn't why we are losing.

Oklahoma somehow beat us with a worse QB. I told you guys that true freshman they brought in didn't even do anything against us, and we still somehow blew it. OU just benched that kid today and brought Arnold back in. Tennessee is 5-1 with their hotshot who has a worse QB rating than Thorne does. They just benched him today vs. Bama.

Brady Cook wasn't even good today. On that last drive alone he had how many poor throws? But because we are a loser team, we made him look like a hero.

I mostly agree with your posts, but surely you didn't just compare Thorne to Iamaleava. 

Oh, and Tennessee didn't bench him he got hurt, and was out for a couple of plays.

Edited by Eagle-2
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, TripleDegreeTiger said:

Gonna be sweet when Rhett comes in with Loeffler and we have a QB win 4 straight Heismans and NC's😆.

Ok, well maybe not the Loeffler part!

I honestly will not be surprised if Rhett gets here. I can’t see much difference from our brass 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Muscle Shoals Tiger said:

Hugh looked like he had a migraine at the press conference.  At least he will.be a millionaire. 

Only fitting. He's given me a cerebral hemorrhage for two years now.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Eagle-2 said:

I mostly agree with your posts, but surely you didn't just compare Thorne to Iamaleava. 

Iamaleava has thrown 0 TD's and has 2 INT's over his past 3 games (including today). This is worse than Thorne. Thorne threw a TD today and had a second one that Robert Lewis just straight dropped.

The Iamaleava kid has been straight garbage. Head over to Volnation or any of their forums and read what state they are at.

Edited by metafour

Just now, metafour said:

Iamaleava has thrown 0 TD's and has 3 INT's over his past 3 games (including today). This is worse than Thorne. Thorne threw a TD today and had a second one that Robert Lewis just straight dropped.

The Iamaleava kid has been straight garbage. Head over to Volnation or any of their forums and read what state they are at.

Uh, he just threw a sixty yard strike that Thorne couldn't make if he threw it twice. Iamaleava has more talent in his pinky toe than Thorne will ever possess. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

FSU strikes out at qb -> train wreck. Miami hits oil -> heading to the playoffs.

We could analyze for weeks what’s wrong. But why?

It will always be analyze because this is one of the few areas where there is no grey. The coach literally went out of his way to say he is not getting a transfer QB, he is sticking with his current QB because he felt like he can fix him and it clearly blew up in his face to the point that it blew up in his face. No different than when an NFL team goes all in on a player that is a bust. That will always be analyzed and discussed , particularly if it has major ramifications. The only way this will change is if we win. Winning cure all. 

1 minute ago, Eagle-2 said:

Uh, he just threw a sixty yard strike that Thorne couldn't make if he threw it twice. Iamaleava has more talent in his pinky toe than Thorne will ever possess. 

And he's what...a redshirt freshman and Thorne is a super senior? 

• Like 2