Vs Mizzou Post Game

ShocksMyBrain

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

I would have to disagree. It’s the upperclassmen and coaching that’s the issue. The young guys are fine 

That’s what I am trying to say, is we are getting more out of our freshmen and redshirt freshmen than our seniors and transfer seniors.  At this point you get what you get with the seniors.  

Just now, abw0004 said:

That’s what I am trying to say, is we are getting more out of our freshmen and redshirt freshmen than our seniors and transfer seniors.  At this point you get what you get with the seniors.  

I understand the basis of your argument. But that's still not an excuse to bring back what we brought back, add what we added in talent the last two years, and regress to be staring down the barrel of a 3-9 season.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Cook shows what a good qb does for a team!!

And he really isn’t that good.  11/22.  No arm strength.  Good field vision, which we haven’t had in a while.  Bo Nix had it, but he didn’t have any time in the pocket.

• Like 1

It kills me that Freeze ans Thorne didn't notice that they were spying Thorne to run the ball and that spy stuffed Thorne more than twice and they kept trying with him instead of Hunter, Cobb or someone else. Thorne also gets tunnel-vision on a lot of plays. Misses seeing wide open receivers that could get the job done. Meanwhile, he's forcing throws into covered receivers and getting them mashed.

• Like 2

Look, there isn't any realistic scenario where Hank is the starter next season.  The starter next year isn't on the roster right now.  We will  throw bank at a portal QB, ideally with one year of eligibility, to bridge us until the following season when it's (most likely) Deuce Knight taking over.  But Thorne just can't start anymore.  He and Freeze clearly cannot get on the same page on reads and he has no situational awareness.  Two brutal and costly sacks at the worst moments today, plus numerous weird reads where he handed it off when he should have kept it or kept it when he should have handed off.  He did have some drops that were brutal but it's just time to turn the page.  

Let Hank make mistakes and get better because he's probably the #2 guy next year and needs to be ready.  Bowl game is out of the realm of possibility IMO.  Just play younger guys to get them some experience.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I would do it differently and play all Freshman. I wouldn’t want them learning bad habits and start getting experience for next season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

I understand the basis of your argument. But that's still not an excuse to bring back what we brought back, add what we added in talent the last two years, and regress to be staring down the barrel of a 3-9 season.

Oh I’m disappointed too don’t get me wrong.  I was a student in 2012 and remember it well being at those games.  I also remember 2013 as a student as well though.  I do see a path forward past this season as long as we keep building up our roster and start learning from our mistakes, coaching included.  

Just now, 81spacetiger said:

The O scored 10 points... 10!  This alone says its time to pull Thorne.  CHF O coaching/calling strength is gone.  He'll get a bye this year, but he needs to get someone who knows what they are doing and GET OUT OF HIS WAY, or he needs to start packing next year.  CGC was gone after a 4-win season; we may only win 3 games this year.  That is unbelievable.

MBB cannot get here fast enough.

MBB? You talking’ bout the program that can’t get past round 2 of the tournament but once since Pearl got there. Sure they’re better than we’ve ever had, but Bruce had better make hay this year, cause next year looks sucky. That would be VERY disappointing considering a LOT of people on this board think Bruce can do no wrong 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

And he really isn’t that good.  11/22.  No arm strength.  Good field vision, which we haven’t had in a while.  Bo Nix had it, but he didn’t have any time in the pocket.

Yep. Cook has all damn day to throw (3-man rush). Thorne is usually running for his life (unfortunately he takes too many sacks).

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Look, there isn't any realistic scenario where Hank is the starter next season.  The starter next year isn't on the roster right now.  We will  throw bank at a portal QB, ideally with one year of eligibility, to bridge us until the following season when it's (most likely) Deuce Knight taking over.  But Thorne just can't start anymore.  He and Freeze clearly cannot get on the same page on reads and he has no situational awareness.  Two brutal and costly sacks at the worst moments today, plus numerous weird reads where he handed it off when he should have kept it or kept it when he should have handed off.  He did have some drops that were brutal but it's just time to turn the page.  

Let Hank make mistakes and get better because he's probably the #2 guy next year and needs to be ready.  Bowl game is out of the realm of possibility IMO.  Just play younger guys to get them some experience.

Agree! Freese missed the portal this year a gambled on Thorne.  Thorne has been such a huge disappointment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Oh I’m disappointed too don’t get me wrong.  I was a student in 2012 and remember it well being at those games.  I also remember 2013 as a student as well though.  I do see a path forward past this season as long as we keep building up our roster and start learning from our mistakes, coaching included.  

What helped in 2013 was a new coach with a culture change. I don't know that I believe Freeze can turn the culture around in a year. 

WE LOSS THIS GAME?!

I went out to eat with the score 17-3 and come back to this. This coaching staff is a joke and any fan who takes up for this needs to have their heads examined. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

giphy.gif

There were several plays out there that if we make just one of them, we probably win the game.

Lewis doesn't drop the TD pass right in the hands.

McGough hits the FG.

Get the stop on 4th down on the last drive.

There were a few others.  But just key moments where if just *someone* will step up and make the damn play it puts it out of reach and doesn't allow Mizzou to keep or get any momentum.  Nobody does.  And then we add a few sprinkles on top with idiotic sacks, letting a gimp QB run 20 yds untouched, or whiffed blocks.

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1

30 minutes ago, gabo4au said:

In spite of all the offense problems.... The defense gave up a 95 yard 17 play drive to end the game.

Wouldn’t have mattered if Lewis caught the touchdown. They aren’t the greatest but have been doing enough to win. That dropped pass changed the momentum of the game. U asking a lot for a defense to play lights out with everything against u on the road

Edited by e808

5 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

What helped in 2013 was a new coach with a culture change. I don't know that I believe Freeze can turn the culture around in a year. 

Or…Maybe it was lightning in a bottle with a QB that made things happen. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Let Hank make mistakes and get better because he's probably the #2 guy next year and needs to be readyo.  Bowl game is out of the realm of possibility IMO.  Just play younger guys to get them some experience.

So, all the hype about Walker White was just that? Man, we suck at QB evaluation!

And aren’t we as fans suckers.

Edited by jluvah

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Set us back another year. A transfer QB and we win 7 or 8 this yr

Yep.  I hoped Freeze was right on improving the weapons around Thorne and him looking like he did in 2021 at Mich State, but it never materialized and it's absolutely the difference between being 2-5 right now instead of 6-1.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Yep.  I hoped Freeze was right on improving the weapons around Thorne and him looking like he did in 2021 at Mich State, but it never materialized and it's absolutely the difference between being 2-5 right now instead of 6-1.

Cam Ward would have had us competing for the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1