Vs Mizzou Post Game

ShocksMyBrain

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I knew we were going to lose as soon as Lewis didn't make that TD catch. This team is poorly coached, whether we want to blame lack of qb, harsins recruiting, etc. This team is poorly coached either way

On field upperclass leadership is not there.  Notice how UM reacted to Cook?  We don’t have that.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Yeah, but Freeze ain't the one missing FGs, and not wrapping up on tackles, and dropping passes in the endzone. Neither is Thorne. 

He’s the one coaching them though. For big bucks, I might add.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Whitco said:

I see absolutely zero reason to continue with Thorne.  He is toast, I mean let the young guys learn on the fly.  It would have to be worth more than watching Thorne be the worst QB in AU history week after week. 

Even more than that, I don't see the reason to continue rolling Robert Lewis and Sam Jackson out at WR. They aren't good enough to take snaps and potentially lose Cain and Thompson. For me, the rest of this year needs to be spent retaining as many of the youngsters as possible 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I knew we were going to lose as soon as Lewis didn't make that TD catch. This team is poorly coached, whether we want to blame lack of qb, harsins recruiting, etc. This team is poorly coached either way

No it was the missed field goal.

Just now, yngwie1995 said:

Yeah, but Freeze ain't the one missing FGs, and not wrapping up on tackles, and dropping passes in the endzone. Neither is Thorne. 

He is the one responsible for practice, getting the team ready to play, and  the game plan. This team has not been prepared and ready to play this year. That is on Freeze! 

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

It’s so disappointing to see such regression in so many areas from year one to year two though. 

This is the benchmark. CHF is failing miserably at it. Regression is not acceptable. Huge regression with our talent is inexcusable. 

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think I got us at 4-8 now

Yeah, this is where I’m at. 

there’s no way we can lose to ULM (knocks on wood) and it feels like the law of averages means some stuff HAS to go our way enough against either UK and Vandy for us to pull one of those games out. 

but man….i don’t know. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hutchids said:

Is Freeze back for year three if Auburn loses out? I know he should have three years as the program was a dumpster fire when he was brought in. The issue is, this team has no pulse. They haven't looked good in a single game all year. Freeze is an offensive coach and the offense only looked good in the opener against directional tech and in the second half against NM.

I doubt Auburn wins another game this year. Has Auburn ever lost 10 in a season before?

6 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Off of a bye week no less...

A bye week or month isn’t going to help. We need 2 good dbs that we don’t have. I can tell you who to throw at. We have a terrible dumb quarterback who zones in on one man. We have maybe three good Oline but need 5. How many times did the Dend catch the running back from the backside because of poor blocking? Sad times for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

there’s no way we can lose to ULM (knocks on wood) and it feels like the law of averages means some stuff HAS to go our way enough against either UK and Vandy for us to pull one of those games out. 

but man….i don’t know. 

would not be shocked to lose out other than ULM. Just got a feeling they get bailed out somehow in one of those matchups you listed

2 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

What is infuriating is that we didn’t have to enter this season with the horrible quarterback issue that we have. Hugh Freeze chose for us to.

I think freeze knows he made a mistake. He’s stuck with it now. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

A collective failure in every facet of the game. 

Classic game for Hugh. Snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. He’s not the answer. Harsin would have won that, Gus would have won that. There should be a loss vs buyout clause. Awful awful awful . Another failure 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

but man….i don’t know. 

I hate to say it, but we absolutely can lose to ULM.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I didn't say "that's the reason we lost" I'm saying that's when I knew we were gonna find a way to lose.

That’s when I knew it, it was a beautiful game plan by Missouri to make their field goal, make the two point play , and then a 17 play 95 yard drive.