Vs Mizzou Post Game

ShocksMyBrain

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

And people want to blame the NIL. It is not the NIL is the issue. It is the fact that coaches who had the advantages, either by boosters or major cultural support is getting exposed for not being better at their craft. 

Yep. I’m tired of the “blame NIL” crowd. Guess what? Everything other team in CFB is dealing with it. Either we figure it out or we continue to be irrelevant.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Yep. I’m tired of the “blame NIL” crowd. Guess what? Everything other team in CFB is dealing with it. Either we figure it out or we continue to be irrelevant.

Nil is a huge factor going forward . Auburn so far has managed it pretty well. Freeze seems to know how to play that game. What it doesn’t appear he knows is how to use the talent he gets. The problem at the moment is the head coach.

40 minutes ago, DAG said:

And people want to blame the NIL. It is not the NIL is the issue. It is the fact that coaches who had the advantages, either by boosters or major cultural support is getting exposed for not being better at their craft. 

Exactly, it makes zero sense to blame NIL. If anything, NIL should help us, at least to get out of the bottom of the SEC. We are not some poverty program. We should never be fighting Mississippi State for last in the league. 

Remember when we were told that everyone is in alignment with Freeze? And that we had a bunch of NIL money? Maybe it wasn't completely true, but we let the big money donors hand pick the HC, so we shouldn't be broke. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Two words - not happening.

I know that. Auburn not that smart to even try it. They’ve gone the Harsin/Freeze route. Hope they’re pleased with the results .

Just now, jluvah said:

I know that. Auburn not that smart to even try it. They’ve gone the Harsin/Freeze route. Hope they’re pleased with the results .

Well everyone is getting comfortable with it.

just win enough to keep people buying tickets and spend thousands of dollars every weekend.

it will get better “next” year. Lots of teams are experiencing the same thing, great players are all over the map, great coaches are becoming a rare commodity.

speaking of that seeing Coach Cal at the  Arkansas game. How things are changing 

6 minutes ago, jluvah said:

No, it's not happening because we are idiotic enough to fire another coach two years in.

2 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Well everyone is getting comfortable with it.

just win enough to keep people buying tickets and spend thousands of dollars every weekend.

it will get better “next” year. Lots of teams are experiencing the same thing, great players are all over the map, great coaches are becoming a rare commodity.

speaking of that seeing Coach Cal at the  Arkansas game. How things are changing 

Are we sure it's gonna get better next year? How sure were we it was gonna get better this year?

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

No, it's not happening because we are idiotic enough to fire another coach two years in.

Yeah, this doesn’t make sense 

5 hours ago, gatiger96 said:

He is the one responsible for practice, getting the team ready to play, and  the game plan. This team has not been prepared and ready to play this year. That is on Freeze! 

He was told RECRUIT RECRUIT RECRUIT it's our own dang fault

Coming off a Bye-week, coming out of a halftime to regroup, (if I am correct because it was tough to watch) the offense scores three points in the second half. Ridiculous!

Edited by AU-24

Hugh Freeze meet Hot Seat. Recruiting is nice but if you can’t get results on the field what good is it? U living off beating Saban a couple time and those were likely vacated wins 😂. You’re a terrible coach and your teams have always had a knack for choking in the second half. Sounds like a you problem. We purchased the worst case scenario of the Hugh Freeze experiment, with the exception of the hookers (as far as we know). Your a pass happy fool with a stable of RBs, ya RB room is the most talented group 😂 and ya refuse to find ways to use em.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stephen66 said:

He was told RECRUIT RECRUIT RECRUIT it's our own dang fault

I am confused, isn’t that a part of the head coaches job along with making sure the team has a sound game planning, discipline , implement technique and development. Isn’t that why they get paid multimillion dollars with huge buyouts? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Hmm didn't seem to hurt Bama....

Screenshot at 2024-10-19 20-43-48.png

DuBose got them on probation.

Fran left on his own because he didn't want to deal with it.

Price gave them no choice.

Shula was there 4 years while they were on probation. 

And it was one of the worst stretches in their history, including Fear the Thumb.  They weren't just firing coaches every two years like idiots.

9 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I agree that we will wait for Freeze to stink it up a third season and then we will start over again. 

Was it idiotic to fire Harsin after 2 seasons? Or is it best to cut ties when you know your HC isn't the right guy?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am confused, isn’t that a part of the head coaches job along with making sure the team has a sound game planning, discipline , implement technique and development. Isn’t that why they get paid multimillion dollars with huge buyouts? 

Coming off a bye week no less!

Just now, cbo said:

I agree that we will wait for Freeze to stink it up a third season and then we will start over again. 

Was it idiotic to fire Harsin after 2 seasons? Or is it best to cut ties when you know your HC isn't the right guy?

No.  He'd pissed off every money person at Auburn, ran off Bo Nix, and had a recruiting class ranked in the 40s or 50s depending on which service you looked at.  That's not the situation we have.

But also, you can get away with that kind of stuff once.  You do it two times in a row and you're begging to be wandering the wilderness for a decade longer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

No.  He'd pissed off every money person at Auburn, ran off Bo Nix, and had a recruiting class ranked in the 40s or 50s depending on which service you looked at.  That's not the situation we have.

But also, you can get away with that kind of stuff once.  You do it two times in a row and you're begging to be wandering the wilderness for a decade longer.

Yeah I don't disagree for me I just don't think he is a good head coach and others can disagree with that but a good coach to me is able to take the players he has and raise them up to the next level. I'm not saying he wins championship but you at least are competitive and he has not shown to be able to do that. I do think he gets a third year but will be interesting to see what he does at QB, I don't think he can roll out a freshman QB to learn on the job, he is going to need to win games next year.

All I know is the last guy basically was on an island by himself and his teams were more competent then the guy who has all the support in the world behind the scenes. These recruits freeze are hopefully getting better make a quick 180.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Hmm didn't seem to hurt Bama....

Screenshot at 2024-10-19 20-43-48.png

And more recently, UT. They ran through a bunch of coaches quickly before finding Heupel. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

All I know is the last guy basically was on an island by himself and his teams were more competent than the guy who has all the support in the world behind the scenes. These recruits freeze are hopefully getting better make a quick 180.

Absolutely correct but most won’t admit it 

• Thanks 1