Vs Mizzou Post Game

ShocksMyBrain

3 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Or is it just the new reality? In this new semi pro ball era, lots of teams will slowly fade to mediocrity. Auburn has been in that fade away for some time now.

What does “semi pro” football have to do with Auburn being worse than Missouri and possibly Vandy ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cctiger said:

Exactly how I feel right now. I've tried to keep a good perspective about Freeze and staff, but that perspective now is.....Well, we're in trouble.

Freeze is not a major college football head coach material. An assistant or used car salesman in some capacity yes. He sold everyone on buying him and now we’re in the shop with no parts available.

Meanwhile freeze is busy counting his $$$$$

12 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

He also said he needed playcalling duties back, and needed his guys: Austin and Nix. He got all of that and here we are. My heart wants to keep believing but my eyes tell me we’re in trouble. 

Yep. Freeze is quickly running out of excuses. 

• Like 1

Just now, TripleDegreeTiger said:

I don't think he would take the job to be  honest if offered.

Honestly I don’t know where we would turn if Hugh doesn’t pan out. 

A coach would have to be nuts not to take the job. Guaranteed multi millionaire without having to produce positive results. AU is a sure bet to get rich.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, DAG said:

Honestly I don’t know where we would turn if Hugh doesn’t pan out. 

Me. Then I will come here and start threads on how bad I suck and should be fired. Then it is off to a yacht somewhere near Greece with women I have no business being with!

I'm looking for coordinators!

• Haha 4

Me. Then I will come here and start threads on how bad I suck and should be fired. Then it is off to a yacht somewhere near Greece with women I have no business being with!

We would probably have to find a young , up and comer, who knows how to navigate the NIL land. Who that is? No clue . It would not surprise at all if we kicked the tires on the Liberty coach (yes the new one), someone we are familiar with such as Rhett and of course a retread who would want an insane contract .

• Like 1

Just now, TigerOne said:

Or is it just the new reality? In this new semi pro ball era, lots of teams will slowly fade to mediocrity. Auburn has been in that fade away for some time now.

I don’t think we are in Bodeans mode permanently. He will get another year at least, but Hugh is working himself into an early exit.

You are now 2-5 with 5 games left. Now is the time to shake it up - passed time actually. You aren't winning with the rinse and repeat performances. We can’t shorten games to 3 quarters nor institute CFL rules for only 3 downs.

If he craters like it is looking. There will be another coach. We will be relevant again. Probably not in the time frame we want, but it will happen.

Cheers & War Damn Eagle

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

A coach would have to be nuts not to take the job. Guaranteed multi millionaire without having to produce positive results. AU is a sure bet to get rich.

This above post was sponsored by the Wealth Management Trade Association. 

5 minutes ago, TripleDegreeTiger said:

6 minutes ago, TripleDegreeTiger said:

IMG_2872.gif

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TripleDegreeTiger said:

I would disagree there. Money talks. I think he would have an idea of what works at Auburn. At this moment u can only go up

3 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

As bizarre as I will sound like but I won’t surprised if Auburn goes stellar the next season. Bring on the laugh and downvotes.

Chances are 1 in a million.. so your telling me there’s a chance!

5 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

As bizarre as I will sound like but I won’t surprised if Auburn goes stellar the next season. Bring on the laugh and downvotes.

They should be better but the big question mark is who does CHF get for QB, that one of the big missing pieces. He rills with a freshman qb ita going to be a slog imho.

4 hours ago, hutchids said:

Is Freeze back for year three if Auburn loses out? I know he should have three years as the program was a dumpster fire when he was brought in. The issue is, this team has no pulse. They haven't looked good in a single game all year. Freeze is an offensive coach and the offense only looked good in the opener against directional tech and in the second half against NM.

I doubt Auburn wins another game this year. Has Auburn ever lost 10 in a season before?

Pretty sure we were 2-10 in 2012. We’re in rare company with the negative superlatives of the current team.  

7 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

Roll with all of the young guns and they will be hungry to get it turnaround next year. Not sure who the game changing QB would be. Should have done it this year. U have to make it happen when the opportunity presents itself 

20 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

Pretty sure we were 2-10 in 2012. We’re in rare company with the negative superlatives of the current team.  

They actually won 3 games in 2012  and tried to take an offense full of spread players and run a pro style offense. That’s why it was easy for Gus to transition . The irony might be the three wins will come against almost the same teams. New Mexico State vs New Mexico. Both beat ULM and AAMU

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

Here is the thing. PT shouldn't even be in this position. He is a pedestrian qb at best that belongs in the big ten or 12. He is a part of a team AND culture that does not need a pedestrian QB who quite frankly does not know how to win. In a "rebuild" you need a guy who can make something happen and spark the team. I am not even saying it has to be a Cam Ward, but someone with some moxie and just has that "go get it" factor. This all falls on Freeze. He has made bone headed decisions on and off the field that has catapulted this season to be one of the worse potentially. Now, it almost required that he brings in back to back top five classes for how bad we have regressed. And quite frankly there is no excuses, he literally has all the support in the world to make something happen and he has had questionable after questionable decision making as the lead of this program.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Freeze is not a major college football head coach material. An assistant or used car salesman in some capacity yes. He sold everyone on buying him and now we’re in the shop with no parts available.

Meanwhile freeze is busy counting his $$$$$

Agree 100%

This season is gone, but Freeze is going to have to show me something in year 3 for my support. I've never seen a team find a way to lose each week like this. It's beyond ridiculous at this point

• Like 3

And people want to blame the NIL. It is not the NIL is the issue. It is the fact that coaches who had the advantages, either by boosters or major cultural support is getting exposed for not being better at their craft. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

That’s probably freeze’s sales pitch. Hope he’s right