Vs Mizzou Post Game

ShocksMyBrain

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Thorne is not good but he’s not terrible either. I don’t think we have a better option. HB showed it. We are just bad.  

The bad half against Arky? You are basing Hank “showing it” on that one half while Thorne has showed it his entire time at AU? 

• Like 4

There so much more wrong with this team besides QB. The game day product, which involves players, coaches, coordinators, analysts, etc is just bad. Every week over two years. Disjointed, discombobulated, and lacking in energy and passion. I ignored the Harsin red flags. 🚩 but I’m not going to ignore the ones I’ve seen from this staff. Things are broken and it will take more than a QB to fix it. 

• Like 3

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

There so much more wrong with this team besides QB. The game day product, which involves players, coaches, coordinators, analysts, etc is just bad. Every week over two years. Disjointed, discombobulated, and lacking in energy and passion. I ignored the Harsin red flags. 🚩 but I’m not going to ignore the ones I’ve seen from this staff. Things are broken and it will take more than a QB to fix it. 

Agreed

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

I agree with this. 100%

9 minutes ago, metafour said:

Iamaleava has thrown 0 TD's and has 2 INT's over his past 3 games (including today). This is worse than Thorne. Thorne threw a TD today and had a second one that Robert Lewis just straight dropped.

The Iamaleava kid has been straight garbage. Head over to Volnation or any of their forums and read what state they are at.

Are you seriously stating Thorne is better than Iamaleava? 

4 minutes ago, Eagle-2 said:

Uh, he just threw a sixty yard strike that Thorne couldn't make if he threw it twice. Iamaleava has more talent in his pinky toe than Thorne will ever possess. 

Ok, and? Thorne threw a 50 yard strike to Coleman just hours ago LOL. I never claimed that Iamaleava wasn't "more talented". Regardless of his talent, he has been BAD. My guy, if Thorne went 3 straight games without a TD pass you would be calling him the worst QB on the planet. 

You're missing the damn point. Other teams are winning games with QB's who are performing as bad or worse than Thorne is. That means that Auburn's 2-5 season right now fall on the head of Freeze, not Peyton Thorne.

2 minutes ago, metafour said:

Ok, and? Thorne threw a 50 yard strike to Coleman just hours ago LOL. I never claimed that Iamaleava wasn't "more talented". Regardless of his talent, he has been BAD. My guy, if Thorne went 3 straight games without a TD pass you would be calling him the worst QB on the planet. 

You're missing the damn point. Other teams are winning games with QB's who are performing as bad or worse than Thorne is. That means that Auburn's 2-5 season right now fall on the head of Freeze, not Peyton Thorne.

Glad we could come to that common ground, and I agree completely.

And, Iamaleava will only get better. Thorne won't. 

Edited by Eagle-2

1 minute ago, metafour said:

Almost. It doesnt fall squarely on just Thorne OR Freeze. Many of our players are suffering FSU-itis, especially the prima donna WRs regularly dropping TD passes and blocking like senior center security guards. Wright looks like he takes off every 4th play. Etc etc.

9 minutes ago, Eagle-2 said:

Ryan Williams has been targeted 17 times tonight. Cam Coleman was targeted twice today, and one was a touchdown. We have a severe coaching problem as well as other things.

I believe they stated at the beginning both coaches wanted to run the ball to shorten the game. I believe mission accomplished. I think Mizzou had the ball almost the entire first quarter 

21 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Absolutely. It started to show last year, but was excused because Freeze was “focusing on recruiting”. A team takes on the personality of its leader. It’s exactly what we are seeking now.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

You'd be surprised what a competent QB can fix with this team. Are the perfect? No, but they'd be 6-1 and ranked if they had an ounce of competency at the QB position. The most important position on the football field is quarterback. If you have a dud, you're going to look like a dud. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Yes, this could be the major red flag we will all look at to be like that was the one. I am hoping he keeps recruiting well so the next coach has something to work with.

With the portal, I’m  afraid the next coach will be starting at zero.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

On the bright side Bama lost ...:)

Hide your dogs and tell the Wal-Mart folks it’s gonna be a little slow tonight. Updykes gonna be hammering the rock gut whiskey at home tonight. 

Edited by NoALtiger
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, DAG said:

It will always be analyze because this is one of the few areas where there is no grey. The coach literally went out of his way to say he is not getting a transfer QB, he is sticking with his current QB because he felt like he can fix him and it clearly blew up in his face to the point that it blew up in his face. No different than when an NFL team goes all in on a player that is a bust. That will always be analyzed and discussed , particularly if it has major ramifications. The only way this will change is if we win. Winning cure all. 

Yes, I mean it's not hard to understand.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

You'd be surprised what a competent QB can fix with this team. Are the perfect? No, but they'd be 6-1 and ranked if they had an ounce of competency at the QB position. The most important position on the football field is quarterback. If you have a dud, you're going to look like a dud. 

A competent QB would help, sure. But this staff plays UGA and AL to the last minute last season and gets pasted by NMSU and Maryland. Who does that? Hugh is 3-9 in SEC play with not one win vs an SEC team with a winning record. The play calling, time management, personnel decisions, etc….Its all flashing bad. And back to QB play, what is this magical notion that a finished QB product is going to fall into our lap, portal or not. Hugh has 4 QBs on the roster. Is he not responsible for developing at least on of them to at least serviceable? I hope I’m wrong and hope he turns this around next year, but right now I’m very concerned. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Absolutely. It started to show last year, but was excused because Freeze was “focusing on recruiting”. A team takes on the personality of its leader. It’s exactly what we are seeking now.

He also said he needed playcalling duties back, and needed his guys: Austin and Nix. He got all of that and here we are. My heart wants to keep believing but my eyes tell me we’re in trouble. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

He also said he needed playcalling duties back, and needed his guys: Austin and Nix. He got all of that and here we are. My heart wants to keep believing but my eyes tell me we’re in trouble. 

Or is it just the new reality? In this new semi pro ball era, lots of teams will slowly fade to mediocrity. Auburn has been in that fade away for some time now.

What Texas did with their end zone scoreboard may have been what Auburn should have looked at doing or at least put  copy of the existing wart on the other side

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

My heart wants to keep believing but my eyes tell me we’re in trouble. 

Exactly how I feel right now. I've tried to keep a good perspective about Freeze and staff, but that perspective now is.....Well, we're in trouble.