Vs Mizzou Post Game

ShocksMyBrain

23 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

The only confirmed mis evaluation currently is Freeze in regards to Thorne being improved

That was a major program changer. I can’t believe that. Such a black eye to this year. 

• Like 1

Everyone is missing the point with Thorne, its more then that, imho. This is a CHF failure and I feel CHF thinks that if he goes with HB it just proves that he failed to develop PT and really I think he just can't admit to that failing. I stated long ago we should just stay with HB even if we continue to lose, at least we are giving some playing time to someone that has more years left to play. He will make mistakes but throws a better ball imho...but I dont think CHF will do it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bishoptf said:

Everyone is missing the point with Thorne, its more then that, imho. This is a CHF failure and I feel CHF thinks that if he goes with HB it just proves that he failed to develop PT and really I think he just can't admit to that failing. I stated long ago we should just stay with HB even if we continue to lose, at least we are giving some playing time to someone that has more years left to play. He will make mistakes but throws a better ball imho...but I dont think CHF will do it.

Oh definitely, freeze sold everyone on his decision and he’s not going to admit his mistake. It’s not Thornes fault he hasn’t been coached correctly or maybe he can’t be. He does try and doesn’t shy away from contact or criticism. It was good to see his happiness with that td pass

2 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/41886323/brady-cook-returns-injury-rallies-missouri-auburn

Dude went to the hospital and came back and beat us? Most Auburn thing ever. 😭

I live in MO and the city that cook is from, good kid. I pull for Mizzou when not playing Auburn, I actually thought we could win this game. Zou is not that good but we just can't score on offense...tough to watch week after week.

• Like 2

Also why is Thorne throwing passes across the middle like that to Fairweather. This has happened several times. Big as he is the man shouldn’t be stretching and twirling to catch passes

16 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

The flags and warning signs with Hugh are different than the ones with Harsin but just as glaring. Everything about this team the past two years is off. It’s far deeper than the QB in my opinion. Things on gameday are just so disjointed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, woodford said:

Just hold the recruiting class together at this point 

All we had to do was win 6 games and I don't think we would sweat losing it at all.  Only positive is they are getting a lot of freshmen in and they are the ones making plays

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

That was a major program changer. I can’t believe that. Such a black eye to this year. 

Yep. I’ll keep saying it until something changes, but Freeze’s doubling down on Thorne may end up being his undoing.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Impressive, Auburn continues to re write the record books!

We also became the second AU team in the past 20 years to lose after holding a 14 point lead into the 4th quarter. Hugh doing some work on the record books. 

32 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

FWIW on Freshman QBs in the SEC: Marcel Reed held things down at TAMU just fine in Weigman’s absence and I’m watching MSUs Michael Van Buren push a ranked Aggie’s team after a great performance vs UGA last week. 

Time to go with Hank and find some snaps for WW. 

Van Buren looks freaking good.

Just now, Tiger Refuge said:

Yep. I’ll keep saying it until something changes, but Freeze’s doubling down on Thorne may end up being his undoing.

Yes, this could be the major red flag we will all look at to be like that was the one. I am hoping he keeps recruiting well so the next coach has something to work with.

1 hour ago, KansasTiger said:

What helped in 2013 was a new coach with a culture change. I don't know that I believe Freeze can turn the culture around in a year. 

It also helped that Gus found a Qb but he also had several years where we didn’t ie Wallace

10 minutes ago, e808 said:

Just when we thought Harsin was bad. . CHF has has outdid him. Would a 2-10 finish cause a raucous. Just asking for conversation purposes 

I think it puts him on the immediate hot seat to start next season. Like literal flames

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

All we had to do was win 6 games and I don't think we would sweat losing it at all.  Only positive is they are getting a lot of freshmen in and they are the ones making plays

and without regard for Auburn's horrible win total, they will be great prospects for other schools in the transfer portal with on-field SEC bona fides. If they decide this ain't the train ride they signed up for, they're going to disembark at some point. This counters the idea that regardless of whether Freeze is a dud at coaching, he's going to leave us with a much better stable. Not the case at all these days. I keep hoping he works out because we really, really need him to.

Thorne wasn’t the problem today. Except for the fumble lost, which probably did nothing net to hurt AU, he played smartly and made good throws for the most part. He missed a couple bc he was rushed, but he didn’t make boneheaded mistakes. The dropped TD pass in the corner of the EZ was, to me, the (non)play of the game.

1 minute ago, tigeraddikt said:

Thorne wasn’t the problem today. Except for the fumble lost, which probably did nothing net to hurt AU, he played smartly and made good throws for the most part. He missed a couple bc he was rushed, but he didn’t make boneheaded mistakes. The dropped TD pass in the corner of the EZ was, to me, the (non)play of the game.

Disagree. We've just had such bad qb play we think him not throwing 3 picks means he did ok. The second he feels an ounce of pressure he loses all sense and mechanics. He couldn't lead them on a drive out of a wet paper bag. Sure maybe he alone didn't lose this game (improvement!) But he couldn't win it. 

• Haha 1