30 Years Ago Today 10/15/1994

Viper

Can you believe it’s been 30 years??? What are your memories from this day?

Patrick Nix, Stephen Davis, Fred Beasley, Joe Frazier, Harold Morrow, Frank Sanders, Thomas Bailey, Willie Gosha, Andy Fuller, Shannon Robique, Leonard Thomas, Jason Taylor, Victor Riley, Willie Anderson, Mike Pelton, Gary Walker, Willie Whitehead, Alonzo Etheridge, Anthony Harris, Marcellus Mostella, Brian Robinson, Chris Shelling, Fred Smith, Ken Alvis, Dell McGee, Terry Daniel and Matt Hawkins all had huge influences and/or impact plays in taking down the then-invincible #1 ranked Spurrier Gators.

AU was a 17-point underdog. It ended a 17-game win streak at The Swamp for Spurrier’s Gators. For you youngins, this then was the equivalent of taking down Saban/bammer at home circa 2010/2011 at the top of their game.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, Viper said:

Patrick Nix, Stephen Davis, Fred Beasley, Joe Frazier, Harold Morrow, Frank Sanders, Thomas Bailey, Willie Gosha, Andy Fuller, Shannon Robique, Leonard Thomas, Jason Taylor, Victor Riley, Willie Anderson, Mike Pelton, Gary Walker, Willie Whitehead, Alonzo Etheridge, Anthony Harris, Marcellus Mostella, Brian Robinson, Chris Shelling, Fred Smith, Ken Alvis, Dell McGee, Terry Daniel and Matt Hawkins all had huge influences and/or impact plays in taking down the then-invincible Spurrier Gators.

AU was a 17-point underdog. It ended a 17-game win streak at The Swamp for Spurrier’s Gators. For you youngins, this then was the equivalent of taking down Saban/bammer at home circa 2010/2011 at the top of their game.

One of the most exciting wins. Maybe the most exciting win I ever watched on television. The most exciting road win ever!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Viper said:

Patrick Nix, Stephen Davis, Fred Beasley, Joe Frazier, Harold Morrow, Frank Sanders, Thomas Bailey, Willie Gosha, Andy Fuller, Shannon Robique, Leonard Thomas, Jason Taylor, Victor Riley, Willie Anderson, Mike Pelton, Gary Walker, Willie Whitehead, Alonzo Etheridge, Anthony Harris, Marcellus Mostella, Brian Robinson, Chris Shelling, Fred Smith, Ken Alvis, Dell McGee, Terry Daniel and Matt Hawkins all had huge influences and/or impact plays in taking down the then-invincible Spurrier Gators.

Great offensive and defensive coaching.

• Like 1

I was a student at Auburn. My roommates and a couple of our other friends went to the game. I stayed in Auburn because my girlfriend wanted me to watch it with her and some of our other friends at her place. At the time it was one of the most exciting games I had ever watched and is still one of the top ones. After the game we all walked up to Toomer’s and threw some toilet paper and hung out there for a couple of hours. It’s a day I’ll never forget!

• Like 2

Seem now like a bygone era right now. That was Auburn football at some of its best. Love them jerseys back then. Those style numbers looked a whole lot better than what they do now.  P-nub Tater tot was the man for a few years on the Plains.

• Like 1

My brother had a class with pat nix and on Monday he dead paned "Well Pat what did you do this weekend? Any thing exciting?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Temperature is 65 degrees.  Fokes it's a great day to hit somebody"  and now for 30 years when it is 65 degrees I have been saying that.  

• Love 1

I was there with a bunch of Gator friends. We had a tradition of going to AU/UF games, they'd wear Auburn shirts & I'd wear a Gator rag. They quickly learned the graciousness of most Auburn fans vs the classlessness of many UF fans. Especially after that game.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, tigereyes said:

My brother had a class with pat nix and on Monday he dead paned "Well Pat what did you do this weekend? Any thing exciting?"

I worked with a cool bammer bud. When I walked into work Monday morning, I purposely didn’t say a word just to not get the big head. He looked at me and uttered “oooooooooh hoooooooooo hooooooooo hooooooooo.” He was as impressed with our team as much as any AU fan.

• Like 1

I remember watching it on television. 1994 being the same number of years from now as it was to 1964 is pretty hard to grasp for me. I wasn’t even aware of Auburn then. Where do the years go? The magic of the early Bowden years was something to behold.