Bulletin board material for Missouri?

PigskinPat

So what is the goal here for Freeze by saying this? And by saying this is he not indicting himself for not doing a good coaching job? I don’t understand what he’s trying to accomplish here, can someone help me understand it? 😂

4 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

So what is the goal here for Freeze by saying this? And by saying this is he not indicting himself for not doing a good coaching job? I don’t understand what he’s trying to accomplish here, can someone help me understand it? 😂

If that’s what he is insinuating probably can kiss an Auburn dub goodbye. Saban taking a shot at Vandy didn’t age well for Bama. 

6 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

Man can’t seem to get out of his own way. Not sure how long it will take those in charge to understand recruiting well doesn’t mean you’re a good coach. He’s better suited to be a big programs recruiting coordinator, not the HC. 

• Facepalm 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Bulletin board material for Missouri?

Gee, I wish we had a type of coach that could win the games he should, much less games against more talented opponents, with lesser talent like those teams Hugh talks about. Instead we have to wait for Hugh to get more of his superior talent on roster before we should expect wins against Cal and Arky. 

• Thanks 1

This is just the press continuing to look for ways to make Freeze look bad at his press conferences.  He was complementing those coaches that have coached up their rosters.  Don't read too much into it. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Hugh meant it as a compliment to the coaches, but if I was mizzou's coaches I'd 100% be showing the players this clip in the team meeting. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Hugh meant it as a compliment to the coaches...

I'm not sure that's all he meant.

I took it as saying, "The record isn't always an indicator of how good a job the coach is doing.  When you don't have talent, your record can be unremarkable and yet the coach is still doing a good job, like at Missouri, Kentucky, Vanderbilt (with the unspoken part being), and like here at Auburn right now."

I think that's why he went out of his way to insert the comment about those programs "having had time to develop a culture." Or whatever the direct quote was.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

This is just the press continuing to look for ways to make Freeze look bad at his press conferences.  He was complementing those coaches that have coached up their rosters.  Don't read too much into it. 

Press/media gotta get them clicks

• Like 1

Much ado about nothing IMO. If anything it screams at his shortcomings. 

• Like 1

Anyone with a half ounce of sense knows it wasn't an insult.  Missouri, Kentucky and Vandy do not get the kinds of kids that Alabama, LSU, Texas, Georgia and so on get.  To compete like they are is a testament to their coaches.  The End.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Anyone with a half ounce of sense knows it wasn't an insult.  Missouri, Kentucky and Vandy do not get the kinds of kids that Alabama, LSU, Texas, Georgia and so on get.  To compete like they are is a testament to their coaches.  The End.

I do think he was intending it as a compliment to the job those coaches have done, but I also think those same coaches will use it and frame it in a way to try to motivate their players. They would be crazy not to.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I do think he was intending it as a compliment to the job those coaches have done, but I also think those same coaches will use it and frame it in a way to try to motivate their players. They would be crazy not to.

They'll literally use anything.  I just think you don't worry about stuff like that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

They'll literally use anything.  I just think you don't worry about stuff like that.

I hope you’re right, but right now we can’t afford to give any motivation or advantage to an opposing team. I have a feeling we are going to beat Mizzu this Saturday, but I also don’t want us to throw any bad vibes onto ourselves. 😂

IMHO, that "bulletin board material" gets shot to the curb once the pads start popping on the field. If a coaching staff is really good, they have a preparation process they follow every week, tweaking a few things depending on the opponent.  Clean up the deficiencies, fine tune the game-plan and work on executing your plays to perfection.  

6 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

They all do. Saban would take compliments about his teams and call them Rat Poison lol.

Not near as bad as Hank declaring he was gonna "dominate Arkansas".

• Like 1