Seems like we ALWAYS catch teams

arktiger1975

On the schedule when they are having an up year, and miss them when they are having a down year. For instance, we get ULM (who is usually terrible) this year, who is currently 5-1. We played NMSU last year, who won 9-10 games. This year, they are 1-5. Vandy has been horrible in recent years. But we get them when they are having a breakthrough year (also got them in 2012 when Franklin had them rolling). And after playing MSU every year for the past 40 years or so, we miss them when they are having one of their worst years in recent memory. It's really frustrating!

Edited by arktiger1975
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

On the schedule when they are having an up year, and miss them when they are having a down year. For instance, we get ULM (who is usually terrible) this year, who is currently 5-1. We played NMSU last year, who won 9-10 games. This year, they are 1-5. Vandy has been horrible in recent years. But we get them when they are having a breakthrough year (also got them in 2012 when Franklin had them rolling). And after playing MSU every year for the past 40 years or so, we miss them when they are having one of their worst years in recent memory. It's really frustrating!

If we need to catch ULM, NMSU, and Vandy when they are down, we might as well pack it in. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

I’m more frustrated by the fact that all these squads are having up years, and we’re stuck in purgatory. No reason on paper that Vanderbilt and Cal should be having better seasons than us. It’s simply mismanagement. As far as program resources and talent goes, we should have a pretty cake schedule. But we’ve managed to turn it into a fight for our lives. Lol

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, cbo said:

If we need to catch ULM, NMSU, and Vandy when they are down, we might as well pack it in. 

How fortunate for them catching us in a down year decade. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, cbo said:

Tell Bama that!! This is not the year for typical football logic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

Tell Bama that!! This is not the year for typical football logic.

You make a good point. I'm interested to see how much parity results from NIL, conference realignment, Saban's retirement, and most importantly, the new transfer rules. So far, in the SEC at least, it appears the gap from the top to the bottom is shrinking. 

• Like 1

These are teams that, even when they are having a good year, Auburn ought to obliterate. The fact that Auburn may lose out for the remainder of this season has nothing to do with other teams and everything to do with the Auburn team led by CHF and his staff.

I've been bludgeoned before for blaming the coaches, told on this board by "football experts" with great football acumen, that it is not the coaches or the coaching, it is all about our crappy players. Well, I'm calling BS on that. Auburn's roster is better than Mizzery, Kentucky, ULM, Vandy, and yes Cal and Oklahoma.

But who knows? We might pull off an upset against ULM.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GreenTiger said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but this year might have been the best opportunity to beat Oklahoma that we will see in a long time 

Yup. Oklahoma’s floor has pretty much been Auburn’s ceiling over the past decade. 

Good grief what has Auburn football become. Crying about bulletin board material for Mizzou, Kentucky and Vandy. Worried about catching ULM and Vandy in an upswing. 

Literally everyone involved in making hiring decisions over the past 20 years should be fired and/or shot into the sun. 

• WarTiger changed the title to Seems like we ALWAYS catch teams
10 hours ago, cbo said:

You make a good point. I'm interested to see how much parity results from NIL, conference realignment, Saban's retirement, and most importantly, the new transfer rules. So far, in the SEC at least, it appears the gap from the top to the bottom is shrinking. 

Yes it does seem that way this year. We just need to be in the mix. So far “not”. Lol

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, AUINSY said:

Yup. Oklahoma’s floor has pretty much been Auburn’s ceiling over the past decade. 

Well they came into JH this year a complete mess on the offensive side and still managed to beat us at home. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Vandy is on fire, but AU will handle them. Easily 

Jerry Kill will be roaming the Vandy sideline and he is Freeze’s kryptonite. I’ll definitely believe it when I see it. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, cbo said:

Right now, I'm in Jim Mora mode, "I just want to win a game". Any game 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

Once upon a time opponents dreaded having to play the Auburn Tigers on an 'up year.'  Teams knew they were in for a damn battle in the trenches, a tough team from top to bottom.  There was no question that playing Auburn was going to be a physically brutal match.  Now....

See more images of Stay Puft Marshmallow Man

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AURex said:

These are teams that, even when they are having a good year, Auburn ought to obliterate. The fact that Auburn may lose out for the remainder of this season has nothing to do with other teams and everything to do with the Auburn team led by CHF and his staff.

I've been bludgeoned before for blaming the coaches, told on this board by "football experts" with great football acumen, that it is not the coaches or the coaching, it is all about our crappy players. Well, I'm calling BS on that. Auburn's roster is better than Mizzery, Kentucky, ULM, Vandy, and yes Cal and Oklahoma.

But who knows? We might pull off an upset against ULM.

"Its not the X's and O's but the Jimmys and Joes" - Darrel Royal

11shawn.gif