***Touchdown Auburn Bowl 2024 - Week 8 Picks***

Auctoritas

Week 8 is upon us, and we continue to plug away! Some fine games this week up at the top of the slate, plus a bunch of SEC games. Who knows what the rest of the season will look like, so enjoy what you can while you can!

Some ground rules for the season. Games will include all SEC games for the week, plus a few extra national games of importance. I will be using the AP Top 25 poll for those point values.

Point values:
3 POINTS
for games between unranked teams OR Ranked vs Cupcake
4 POINTS for games with ranked vs. unranked (only if Power 5)
5 POINTS for games between ranked opponents

There will be an optional "total points" tiebreaker that will be used ON A WEEKLY BASIS to determine the weekly winner in the event of a tie. The goal is to get the closest to the number of combined points in the identified tiebreaker game. Rule change from last year: winner will be closest, no matter if they're over or under. If the total points in a game is 70, and someone guesses 71 and the next closest is 68, the person that guessed 71 would win the tiebreak. If the players are equidistant from the total points, Price is RIght Rules will apply as a second tiebreaker (in other words, the one who got closest without going over). If both are under, we'll just have two winners for the week.

Points carry through the end of the season, and the winner at the end gets not only to revel in the accolades of their peers while the losers suffer the ignominy of defeat, but this year I will be making a contribution to the site in your name. Don't want to wait for your assured, eventual victory? SUPPORT THIS SITE!

Picks are due for the week by the time the main slate kicks off at Noon Eastern. Please only submit your picks once - in the event of multiple entries, I will take the first one you submit unless you tell me otherwise. If you are concerned about whether your picks are in, just hit me up. I will @ everyone who played, and will bump the thread to keep it fresh on Thursday as a reminder. If you need to change your picks (for a good reason), just send me a message or tag me in a reply and I will clear your picks so you can start over. Keep in mind that I'm the commissioner of this game, and so it's up to my discretion about whether to let you do that - don't abuse that request!

As before, there's a minor difference here in that embedding polls does not seem to work on this site so I'm just linking the form at the end of this post. Click it to open up the form and do your thing!

Last thing - in past years, we would do a separate thread dedicated for trash talking so we didn't clutter up the picks thread. With the new system, all bets are off - feel free to let your fellow players have it here.

Good luck, and War Eagle!

Sorry for the late week ping. Based on previous entries, I'm missing expected picks from@around4ever@AUbritt@AUGreen03@AUJete1112@AUinMS@AUSwim@AUTiger30@GATiger81@GwillMac6@I_M4_AU@KTATLEagles@McFU@mickeyspano@norfolk@Rednilla@RunInRed@RunNThrow@ScotsAU

@Shadow Tiger@SumterAubie@TeBoneAU@TigerMan00@TigerTale@Weagle98@Zeek

As always, if you want to no longer play or be bothered, let me know via DM.

I HAVE picks from:
Abbygpaw
arein0
AU120289
aublaise
AubTigers
Auburn02
AuburnEagle79
AuburnNTexas
AUBwins
aucanucktiger
Auctoritas