Softball Fall Ball

Got a chance to watch the game vs West Georgia tonight. Auburn won 9-1. Icess Tresvik got the start in the circle and went 3-3 with 2 HR’s. 

The coaching staff has only been here three and a half months and they’ve had less time than that to work with the players, so I do expect it to get better. It was just  rough to watch the at-bats outside of Tresvik. But that’s what fall ball is for. 

This was the starting lineup:

(P) Icess Tresvik: 3-3, 2 HRs (also went 3.0 scoreless innings with 2 Ks and 1 BB)

(RF) Abbey Smith: 1-1, bunt single and BB

(3B) Anna Wohlers: 1-3, 2B and struck out

(C) Skylar Elkins: 1-2, 2B and ground out

(LF) KK McCrary: 1-3, single, hit by pitch

(DP) Amelia Lech: 0-2, flyout, hit by pitch

(1B) Axe Milanowski: 0-1, RBI walk, ground out

(2B) Rose Roach: 0-1, RBI HBP, struck out

(CF) Ma’Nia Womack: 0-1, BB, ground out

(SS) Nelia Peralta: 0-2, struck out, flyout

Substitutions: 

Chalea Clemmons: did not play in the field, but drew a 5-pitch walk

Jolie Adams: played RF and hit a 2-run bomb!

Aubrie Lisenby: did not catch, but went 1-2 with a strikeout and a single

Millie Roberts, Kyla Stroud, Georgia Lessmann and Thalia Martin all checked in and each went 0-1.

Kylie Brockman: came in to play second base and drew a walk in her only PA.

AnnaLea Adams struck out on 4 pitches. 

*It’s also worth noting that Ma’Nia Womack switched from CF to SS late in the game, I reckon she can play either.

The pitching staff gave up just one hit, but it was an absolute missile off the top of the scoreboard. 

Icess Tresvik (W): 3 IP, 2 Ks, 1 BB

SJ Geurin: 1 IP, 1 K, only 8 pitches thrown, all for strikes. 

Emmah Rolfe: 3 IP, gave up the home run but then struck out 5 of the next 6 batters and ended with 6 Ks total.

There was one West Georgia pitcher who gave our hitters fits, she threw 3.1 IP and only gave up one run (Tresvik’s HR) and struck out 3. 

• Thanks 4

Played West Georgia tonight, Chipola tomorrow.  I think we probably won, but not sure.  Bunch of pictures posted, but little information.  Tresvik was in the circle at least part of the time, and also homered to give us a 3-0 lead.   Jolie Adams homered later, so we scored at least 4 runs.  I think Wohlers may have played short.   McCrary, Smith, and Elkins are known to have played.  Lisenby was behind the plate, at least part of the time.   Maybe someone went and can tell us more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Played West Georgia tonight, Chipola tomorrow.  I think we probably won, but not sure.  Bunch of pictures posted, but little information.  Tresvik was in the circle at least part of the time, and also homered to give us a 3-0 lead.   Jolie Adams homered later, so we scored at least 4 runs.  I think Wohlers may have played short.   McCrary, Smith, and Elkins are known to have played.  Lisenby was behind the plate, at least part of the time.   Maybe someone went and can tell us more.

I made a thread before this one detailing the game! I’ll try to go tomorrow too. 

Thanks for the detailed report.  I think you posted while I was typing.  I said Lisenby caught because I saw a photo of her on X with the gear on, but apparently it didn't pan out.  I like that all the position players saw action.

Auburn softball beat Chipola 27-3 today in 10 innings. 

I’ll post a longer report later, but Tresvik went 3-3 again. 

For what its worth, Florida State played Chipola a week ago and beat them only 12-4. 

• Thanks 4

Here's a recap from al.com of Friday's game against West Georgia.  Coaches are very high on Tresvik - and - players seem excited about new coaches and the instruction they're getting.

Tresvik shows off in the circle, at the plate as Auburn softball opens exhitition play

Tresvik pitches three hitless innings, hits two home runs in 9-1 Auburn victory

Auburn opened exhibition play with a blowout win over West Georgia. (Photo: Auburn University)

AUBURN, Alabama – It was an exhibition game, but it was one senior Icess Tresvik won't soon forget. In the first exhibition for first-year Auburn head coaches Chris and Kate Malveauxs, Tresvik put on a show.

Pitching for the first time since early in the 2003 season, Tresvik got the start and pitched three hitless innings. She went-3-for-3 at the plate with a two-run homer, a solo homer and a single. And Auburn clobbered West Georgia 9-1 at Jane B. Moore Field.

"It was really fun," Tresvik said. "I have always pitched, but pitching in the SEC is something I always wanted but never thought I would get to. Outfield is my passion, but to be out there in that circle felt really good."

Tresviks said Auburn hitters have bought into a new system and new coaches.

"It is very different," Tresvik said. "There is a lot of technique we've learned. I feel like we've all handled it really well. We love all the structure we have hitting. I feel like that was missing last year. Just to have that structure and a competitive coach means a lot to us. We can already tell a difference in our swings.

"It's just having a coach that is on you and constantly critiquing you, good criticism and bad criticism. That means a lot."

With the Tigers leading 1-0 through two innings, Tresvik's two-run homer sparked a five-run third inning. Tresvik homered again in the fourth as they  pulled away.

Chirs Malveaux, who coaches Auburn's hitters, sent 19 batters to the plate. Freshman Jolie Adams hit a two-run homer in the seventh. Anna Wohlers and Skyler Elkins hit doubles.

But it was Tresvik who stood tallest.

"She is a true athlete," Malveaux said. "As crazy as it sounds, there is still another level to her game. Athleticism-wise, she could be one of the best players in the country. She is a true two-way player. As a hitter, she gets in there and competes."

Malveaux saw plenty to like from his hitters and plenty to work on.

"Even when things weren't going well, they stayed steady," Malveaux said. "At the end of the day, that will be the biggest difference-maker going through the year. We did a good job of attacking pitches we wanted to hit at times, and at times we got ourselves out.

"I think we are going to learn how to work through that this fall. It's a new system for them. It's a new day-by-day process.  They are doing a good job of committing to that process."

Three Auburn pitchers – Tresvik, SJ Guerin and Emma Rolfe – combined to give up just one hit. Ally Long hit a solo homer off Rolfe for West Georgia's only hit and only run. Pitching coach Ryker Chason said it was an uplifting start.

"I was really impressed with the command – a lot of swing and miss and a lot of weak contact, which is what we want," Chason said. "I am really proud of them. I think they are all moving in the right direction. We have seven arms, and they are all different. We're not there yet, but  I think tonight was a really good start."

Auburn plays Chipola College today at 1 p.m. at Jane B. Moore Field.

• Like 2

• WarTiger changed the title to Softball Fall Ball

For those interested, here are the stats from the first weekend of fall ball:

I. Tresvik: 6-6, 2 HRs, 3B, 3 RBI, SB

A. Smith: 3-4, BB, 2 SB

K. McCrary: 3-5, 2B, RBI, 2 BB, SB

T. Martin: 3-6, 3 singles

A. Adams: 2-4, HR, 3 RBI, 1 K

K. Stroud: 2-4, HR, 3 RBI, BB

R. Roach: 2-4, 2B, 3 RBI, 1 K

M. Roberts: 1-3, 3 RBI, BB, 1 K

A. Wohlers: 2-6, 2B, 3 RBI, BB, 2 K

S. Elkins: 1-3, 2B, 2 RBI, 2 BB, Sac Fly

A. Milanowski: 1-3, 2B, 5 RBI, BB, Sac Fly

J. Adams: 1-4, HR, 2 RBI, 1 K

A. Lech: 1-4, HR, RBI, BB, HBP

N. Peralta: 1-4, 2B, RBI, 1 K

M. Womack: 1-5, 2B, 2 RBI, 2 BB

A. Lisenby: 1-5, 1B, 1 RBI, 1 K

G. Lessmann: 0-3, BB, SB

C. Clemmons: 0-1, 3 BB

K. Brockman: 0-3, 2 K, BB

Pitching:

H. Rainey: 3 IP, 1 H, 5 Ks, 0.00 ERA

E. Rolfe: 3 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 6 Ks, 2.33 ERA

I. Tresvik: 3 IP, 0 H, 2 Ks, 1 BB, 0.00 ERA

M. Tamborra: 3 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 2 Ks, 2.33 ERA

B. Godfrey: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 Ks, 0.00 ERA

C. Clemmons: 2 IP, 0 H, 4 Ks, HBP, 0.00 ERA

S. Geurin: 1 IP, 0 H, 1 K, 0.00 ERA

• Thanks 2

Just now, WDE1976 said:

For those interested, here are the stats from the first weekend of fall ball:

I. Tresvik: 6-6, 2 HRs, 3B, 3 RBI, SB

A. Smith: 3-4, BB, 2 SB

K. McCrary: 3-5, 2B, RBI, 2 BB, SB

T. Martin: 3-6, 3 singles

A. Adams: 2-4, HR, 3 RBI, 1 K

K. Stroud: 2-4, HR, 3 RBI, BB

R. Roach: 2-4, 2B, 3 RBI, 1 K

M. Roberts: 1-3, 3 RBI, BB, 1 K

A. Wohlers: 2-6, 2B, 3 RBI, BB, 2 K

S. Elkins: 1-3, 2B, 2 RBI, 2 BB, Sac Fly

A. Milanowski: 1-3, 2B, 5 RBI, BB, Sac Fly

J. Adams: 1-4, HR, 2 RBI, 1 K

A. Lech: 1-4, HR, RBI, BB, HBP

N. Peralta: 1-4, 2B, RBI, 1 K

M. Womack: 1-5, 2B, 2 RBI, 2 BB

A. Lisenby: 1-5, 1B, 1 RBI, 1 K

G. Lessmann: 0-3, BB, SB

C. Clemmons: 0-1, 3 BB

K. Brockman: 0-3, 2 K, BB

Pitching:

H. Rainey: 3 IP, 1 H, 5 Ks, 0.00 ERA

E. Rolfe: 3 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 6 Ks, 2.33 ERA

I. Tresvik: 3 IP, 0 H, 2 Ks, 1 BB, 0.00 ERA

M. Tamborra: 3 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 2 Ks, 2.33 ERA

B. Godfrey: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 Ks, 0.00 ERA

C. Clemmons: 2 IP, 0 H, 4 Ks, HBP, 0.00 ERA

S. Geurin: 1 IP, 0 H, 1 K, 0.00 ERA

I won’t be able to go to the game on Saturday, so if anyone is going please don’t hesitate to post the lineup or impact players or anything else from it. I wish they would update on social media like they used too. 

17 minutes ago, WDE1976 said:

I won’t be able to go to the game on Saturday, so if anyone is going please don’t hesitate to post the lineup or impact players or anything else from it. I wish they would update on social media like they used too. 

I wish they would too.  I haven't even seen the scores anywhere from last weekend.  Seems information in these fall games is few and far between.

I’m interested to see how the Fall Season plays out, and ultimately, the starting lineup heading into Spring. 

It seems the outfield is pretty set with McCrary in LF, Tresvik in CF, and Smith in RF. The question is who will fill the third outfield spot when Tresvik is in the circle. Right now, Womack, J. Adams, and Martin seems to be the top three candidates.

I don’t see anyone displacing Peralta at SS. Roach had a nearly .350 batting average prior to her concussion, but she fell off dramatically afterwards. I’ll be interested to see if anyone can challenge her at 2B. 1B and DP seem to be a 3-person race between Lech, Milanowski, and A. Adams, while 3B / C will be either Wohlers, Elkins, and Roberts. I hope Roberts can put it together because she has lots of power. I wouldn’t be surprised to see A. Adams be in the lineup at the start of the season either. 

In the circle, the innings will be more evenly divided than the past three years. Rainey will be the ace, but it is nice to see Tresvik start to perform well as a 2nd option. I think Rolfe will be the 3rd in line. She will give up runs from time to time, but she also strikes out more batters than the others. I’ll be interested to see how the innings are split between the remaining 4 options. 

Edited by Jad0003