Is anyone catching what Thorne is saying?

if i am getting this right thorne said he changed the fourth and one play and another he said he did run the called play. wth?

it is probably nothing but since it is the bi-week it is something to discuss and cuss.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

if i am getting this right thorne said he changed the fourth and one play and another he said he did run the called play. wth?

it is probably nothing but since it is the bi-week it is something to discuss and cuss.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2024/10/auburns-payton-thorne-despite-hugh-freezes-comments-didnt-check-out-of-4th-down-play-vs-georgia.html

This just went up on AL.com. A lot of tension it sounds like. 

• Like 3

What a great way to spend a bye week. Someone isn’t being truthful. Maybe calling players out may not be the best thing. Sounds like taking the high road would have been the best course of action. We pretty much know who PT is u have to save him from himself if u going to continue trotting him out there

• Like 1

So he wants to keep it on house but then says he didn’t check out the play. So maybe the truth is in the middle. The play was doomed from the start but it was suppose to go to JH regardless. I am just sick of this dude and freeze yelling at each other on the damn sideline. Move on. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

So he wants to keep it on house but then says he didn’t check out the play. So maybe the truth is in the middle. The play was doomed from the start but it was suppose to go to JH regardless. I am just sick of this dude and freeze yelling at each other on the damn sideline. Move on. 

Man I swear this team need some leaders. Thorne is a captain and this is what we doing. Where are the Britts and Browns to take charge on this team 

Edited by e808
  • Like 3

I suspect the play was the handoff but he saw it would likely be stopped. But I’d rather give Hunter a shot to break the tackle.

• Like 1

Freeze has said many times over the last 1.5 years that Thorne has the freedom to check out of plays. In that interview on The Round Table, Thorne says he seen a look the defense gave him and said when the coaches reviewed the film, they saw it as well and it's all worked out now. 

While I agree that Thorne caused mass confusion from our offense on that play, my question is why didn't Freeze just call a timeout? Hugh even mentioned this in his postgame presser. He said "Looking back, I should've just called a timeout and settled them down." But he didn't. 

With the way Freeze was screaming at Thorne on the sideline directly after the play, you would think Hugh would've seen that Thorne was changing the play and that there was lots of confusion. Just call the timeout there. 

Both Thorne and Hugh are at fault here, imo. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Bamaham media and their payday flunkies Sports Illustrated wearing out this dead horse. 

It deflects from Malachi Moore so they’re happy to oblige 

• Like 3

Just coach and play solid football . Something 

Auburn hasn’t done in 10 years. It’s now becoming an upset if Auburn wins a game.

Edited by TigerOne
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yesterday I watched alot of FB and actually saw MSU for the first time. Their freshman QB moved the ball on Georgia like a Jr or Sr. MSU’s play reminded me of Dye’s first year. The losses hurt but you could see something was being built. I was envious of MSU’s QB and saying that out loud is depressing. Why is it that multiple teams out there with freshmen QBs are doing an admirable job and White is nowhere close to being ready to take any snaps ? We can put Sam Jackson in the wildcat but White with his size and talent will get absolutely zero experience this year ? The kid seems intelligent enough. If we don’t get a proven transfer QB much better than Thorne we are going to start White who is not getting developed or Deuce ? I’m not sure how next year’s results get much better. How does an O minded SEC HC mismanage the QB room this badly? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NCTiger1982 said:

Yesterday I watched alot of FB and actually saw MSU for the first time. Their freshman QB moved the ball on Georgia like a Jr or Sr. MSU’s play reminded me of Dye’s first year. The losses hurt but you could see something was being built. I was envious of MSU’s QB and saying that out loud is depressing. Why is it that multiple teams out there with freshmen QBs are doing an admirable job and White is nowhere close to being ready to take any snaps ? We can put Sam Jackson in the wildcat but White with his size and talent will get absolutely zero experience this year ? The kid seems intelligent enough. If we don’t get a proven transfer QB much better than Thorne we are going to start White who is not getting developed or Deuce ? I’m not sure how next year’s results get much better. How does an O minded SEC HC mismanage the QB room this badly? 

And you can add he has the best QB coach in Kent Austin, per Hugh!!

• Like 1

On 10/8/2024 at 8:48 PM, Gowebb11 said:

Simple solution, bench him

• Like 2

On 10/13/2024 at 6:34 PM, NCTiger1982 said:

The only thing I can figure is Walker White must just not be ready. I mean he’s not even second string, is he even third string?

Why isn’t he ready? I sure hope it’s not because of coaching. If so, we’re in for a long few years ahead.

On 10/13/2024 at 7:41 AM, naildawg said:

Simple solution, bench him

Either that or install an offensive philosophy that he can handle and run well.

It's clear that Thorne doesn't thrive in Freeze's system and it also seems clear that we don't have anyone else on the roster whom Freeze has confidence in to do so either.

So if I'm choosing which way to go...