Central Florida Major Hurricane Approaching

AUBwins

Put here for visibility.  Currently a tick shy of Cat 5 with with consistent models to central Fla (Currently Tampa, which could be bad with 15+foot storm surge).

Here is a link to Reed Timmer stream.  Also Mike's weather page is a good source of info. Just looking out for our Florida friends. 

Unprecedented juice in the gulf this month.  Helene showed what a strong major can do inland.  East coast of Florida would still get a punch from this. 

Edited by AUBwins

Now a CAT5 160mph. First since Michael in 2018. Rapid intensification similar to Wilma 2004/5?  Even if the winds slow down a little on approach, the surge will still be there, and that's the worst part.  Just can't stop a freight train on a dime.  Take heed, Floridians.

I’m supposed to be going to Disney World Friday so I’m watching this.  It’s suppose to weaken a great deal before landfall but still will cause issues.  It’s supposed to be back out to sea pretty quick as well so hopefully flooding won’t be a big issue.

This could get bad - batten down the hatches if you're in Tampa and the subsequent track.

Yeah this one is making me think of leaving Orlando tomorrow. Lived in Fl off and on for over 20 years if we leave it will be the first time we've ever left for a hurricane.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Yeah this one is making me think of leaving Orlando tomorrow. Lived in Fl off and on for over 20 years if we leave it will be the first time we've ever left for a hurricane.

if leaving, might get a head start today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

if leaving, might get a head start today.

Can't wife is tied up working until late tonight.

47 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

i have left coastal AL once for a hurricane and said never again....rather just ride it out.  my area would never flood, unless Noah making another appearance.  praying for ya, Golf

up to 175mph now

• Love 1

55 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Would be surprised if you get out that late. Keep us posted!!

• Like 2

Evacuate if you can. Everyone has challenges and it’s tough to leave home. This is a giant tornado and it’s angry. My sister lives in Altamont Springs . She’s a nurse at the hospital, so they are going there. 

• Like 2

www.weather.com front page:

image.thumb.png.d6f58add7c5d0f9d1fcc1fc2cb59eb83.png

Edited by AUINSY

😢

rbtop-animated.gif

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Would be surprised if you get out that late. Keep us posted!!

I forget which storm, maybe Ike, but they had a mass evacuation and people got caught on road

5 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I’m supposed to be going to Disney World Friday so I’m watching this.  It’s suppose to weaken a great deal before landfall but still will cause issues.  It’s supposed to be back out to sea pretty quick as well so hopefully flooding won’t be a big issue.

Going Friday will be after the storm.  Going right over Disney so they will likely be closed a few days.  I know they don't usually close but they will for this one.  Main question will be access to Orlando after this.  This is not going to weaken enough to make much difference.  It's 30-40 mph stronger than they first anticipated so it's likely high 3 to mid 4 if I guessed at landfall

8 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Going Friday will be after the storm.  Going right over Disney so they will likely be closed a few days.  I know they don't usually close but they will for this one.  Main question will be access to Orlando after this.  This is not going to weaken enough to make much difference.  It's 30-40 mph stronger than they first anticipated so it's likely high 3 to mid 4 if I guessed at landfall

I think some people actually held up in Disney I read in the past.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Man, I have a beer fridge. Come on up.

Jokes aside, get your hind end out of there. After what I witnessed with Katrina and Rita….I wouldn’t wanna hang around.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I think some people actually held up in Disney I read in the past.

My brother-in-law and his family that live outside of Orlando did that once a few years ago, in-state season pass holders. They said it was eerie. But was probably for the best for them. They’re still not sure what they’re going to do for this one..

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Will be the best Disney trip you have. We have annual passes and always try to go right after a storm. 

• Like 1

It's predicted to be a CAT 3 when it hits Tampa. I guess if you are looking for a silver lining that would be it.

• Like 2

We're OK...... lots of flooding and lost of power but overall not bad for central FL. As for Tampa south its not good but I think it could have been a lot worst.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers for FL.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

We're OK...... lots of flooding and lost of power but overall not bad for central FL. As for Tampa south its not good but I think it could have been a lot worst.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers for FL.

Glad y’all made it through okay! 

• Thanks 1