CHF Negativity - honest question

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Rhett Lashlee. Can see it now.

I will not watch any Auburn football from here on out if that happens that means Auburn will absolutely never change... I won't root for anyone else though

Edited by autiger88
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, creed said:

Keep up your faith Fexlix. Some posters are negative because that's their character, and they will attack positivity based on that character.

No one was attacking anyone for being positive, most were commenting when he questioned @PigskinPatwas no a true fan, that was the issue. Everyone is entitled to there opinion in regards to CHF. I hope that somehow he turns things around but like some of the others his coaching performance excluding recruiting has been less than stellar. He has shown he can recruit but his play calling and in game coaching leaves a lot to be desired, he seems to only be able to run his system even if it's not a good fit for his personnel, again will see coming out of the break if he changes anything.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

At least we would have a really good defense 😁 

My only concern is the coaching with Durkin, those three man rushes, oof. I did see it work a couple of times in the UGA game but then I saw us get burned a couple times also, I'd rather get more pressure on the QB vs giving them all day.

• Like 1

Label me as a “negative” poster but the data identifies the program moving backwards not forwards. Blame Gus or the Potato but so far with a favorable schedule this year… CHF has better talent with his 2nd year hand picked coaches and is loosing at home to teams he beat last year. But hey!! Recruiting is going great right now 

1 hour ago, bishoptf said:

No one was attacking anyone for being positive, most were commenting when he questioned @PigskinPatwas no a true fan, that was the issue. Everyone is entitled to there opinion in regards to CHF. I hope that somehow he turns things around but like some of the others his coaching performance excluding recruiting has been less than stellar. He has shown he can recruit but his play calling and in game coaching leaves a lot to be desired, he seems to only be able to run his system even if it's not a good fit for his personnel, again will see coming out of the break if he changes anything.  

Exactly. And the ONLY thing I asked was if it’s Freeze’s offense and Freeze is calling the plays, then how is getting a third OC in three years going to fix the problem. Evidently that was enough to trigger him and throw him into a meltdown. He accused me of being a fan of another school (which I obviously am not) and he said that he answered that in another post (which he didn’t, or at least not one that I saw). 

• Like 1

I mean we all know what it is. The people whining about negativity aren’t here to talk football. They are here to stop people from having opinions that don’t jive with theirs. Not only that , but they can rarely refute any sort of data. It sucks because this year , there does not seem to be a truly dominant SEC team besides Texas. We seem to never be able to make a move when there is opportunity.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Dude is a hack. All they are wanting is an emotional response. I fell for it, but immediately regretted it.

• Like 2

Just now, DAG said:

I mean we all know what it is. The people whining about negativity aren’t here to talk football. They are here to stop people from having opinions that don’t jive with theirs. Not only that , but they can rarely refute any sort of data. It sucks because this year , there does not seem to be a truly dominant SEC team besides Texas. We seem to never be able to make a move when there is opportunity.

All it is is some poster’s alter account. Dude is just posting to get folks riled up. That’s all.

• Like 1

He has shown he can recruit but his play calling and in game coaching leaves a lot to be desired, he seems to only be able to run his system even if it's not a good fit for his personnel, again will see coming out of the break if he changes anything.  

And what if we see more of the same after the break??? We essentially have to go on the road and upset teams to get past 3 wins. The gimme games have been lost 

Edited by GreenTiger

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Man idk bro after watching State play UGA does anyone perspective change. They have mustarded 31 points and ove 300 yard passing  with a freshmen at qb smh 

59 minutes ago, e808 said:

Man idk bro after watching State play UGA does anyone perspective change. They have mustarded 31 points and ove 300 yard passing  with a freshmen at qb smh 

Damn with a freshman. Wow. Ready for the youth movement ..

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TripleDegreeTiger said:

Then I introduce you to Auburn's new head coach:

1rhett.jpg

Ya know I have no magic 8 ball or crystal ball or anything that will tell me who will be the next saban. Folks that we think will be a solid hit have flamed out at other locations..cough Napier...etc. I give each one we hire full support until they show that they are not getting the job done, I eve supported the Potato bunch, I want Auburn to win...the reality is, whenever you pick someone even someone that appears to be solid it doesn't always work out. I know most don't think thats Rhett but really there is no sure thing, never is, some times it clicks and some times it doesn't.

I think we are at least another bad year before that would be a discussion, I hope CHF turns it around, I really do but we will have to see how it plays out.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Ya know I have no magic 8 ball or crystal ball or anything that will tell me who will be the next saban. Folks that we think will be a solid hit have flamed out at other locations..cough Napier...etc. I give each one we hire full support until they show that they are not getting the job done, I eve supported the Potato bunch, I want Auburn to win...the reality is, whenever you pick someone even someone that appears to be solid it doesn't always work out. I know most don't think thats Rhett but really there is no sure thing, never is, some times it clicks and some times it doesn't.

I think we are at least another bad year before that would be a discussion, I hope CHF turns it around, I really do but we will have to see how it plays out.

You're right, there is no sure thing. This was suppose to be the year that Kiffin competed for the SEC Championship and the playoffs and they probably are out of it now after LSU.

I am a give a guy a senior class (4-5) years guy. Unless they do something unethical etc. That lets them have a roster of their recruits, in their system, with their culture.

Though part of me is unsure if that is possible with the NIL and transfer portal now.

Edited by TripleDegreeTiger

11 hours ago, autiger88 said:

At least we would have a really good defense 😁 

He would give up 50 points a game being the head coach and our threads would all be about how we hired him to coach defense and call the defense. Then who is calling the defense.

On the positive side no white board on campus would be safe.

11 hours ago, DAG said:

Damn with a freshman. Wow. Ready for the youth movement ..

How many freshman quarterbacks just in the SEC does that make that are playing meaningful snaps? Five? Oklahoma, MSU, Tennessee, Florida, and Texas A&M? And Arkansas and South Carolina have redshirt freshmen quarterbacks playing. Why couldn’t  we get our stud freshman quarterback anywhere near ready for competition this season?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Get us Dan Lanning before Deboer crashes out and bama snatches his up

YES!!!! That's exactly what I want. An SEC record of paying coaches not to coach! Every great home run hire in the US will be flocking to our door. Saban and Urban would come out of retirement for this!!!

/sarcasm off.

9 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Get us Dan Lanning before Deboer crashes out and bama snatches his up. 

Again, Lanning appears to be a decent coach but I'm not sold yet, he hasn't won anything yet...maybe he does and maybe he doesn't. Chip Kelly did pretty well at oregon and they have always had decent recruiting but he may be it but again hard to say.

Edited by bishoptf

1 hour ago, PigskinPat said:

How many freshman quarterbacks just in the SEC does that make that are playing meaningful snaps? Five? Oklahoma, MSU, Tennessee, Florida, and Texas A&M? And Arkansas and South Carolina have redshirt freshmen quarterbacks playing. Why couldn’t  we get our stud freshman quarterback anywhere near ready for competition this season?

To me it looks like we’re trying to address the oline issues first before throwing a qb to the wolves. Oline recruiting seems to be going well and potential qbs will take note. 

34 minutes ago, creed said:

To me it looks like we’re trying to address the oline issues first before throwing a qb to the wolves. Oline recruiting seems to be going well and potential qbs will take note. 

Respectfully those teams oline are not that great maybe outside of TAMU. Not sure why the thought of qbs getting a lot of time to throw and they are not. Venables stuck with his young Qb and he was under duress all day (OJT). The argument for using PT is he gives Auburn the best chance to win.  Then u have two freshman whom did just enough to win at Auburn.