CHF Negativity - honest question

Getting better means nothing if we aren't winning games we are supposed to win. We need a major culture shift all around. Especially when you consider everyone else is getting better too besides Mississippi state.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2024 at 8:27 AM, DKW 86 said:

You do know we didnt have one TO against UGA right?

That's a positive? if the season ended today, we'd have the worst turnover margin in recent AU team history (I can only find data for the 2000s). I think it's fair based on data from all of Hugh's teams that the RPO system is prone to turnovers, even when he has an above average QB that knows how to run the RPO.  

I say this as someone that thinks he should get more time based on the lack of talent and his recruiting prowess. And as someone that was hoping we'd hire someone else during our last search.

But if we're not beating teams we should beat by next year and be in the upper half of the SEC by 2026 with the level of talent Hugh is bringing in (assuming we retain it) then what do we do then? I guess wait for the next amazing hire to show up because it seems like we've missed on good coach options in the past partially due to timing. The top coaches that can recruit and win don't come available often.  

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, cbo said:

You've been around here how long? I guess guy with 5 posts gets to decide who's a fan. 

Dude is probably like me. Remembers when this board freaked out over Borges and Slink said "watch this guy take Auburn to the Sugar Bowl" lol.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, TripleDegreeTiger said:

Dude is probably like me. Remembers when this board freaked out over Borges and Slink said "watch this guy take Auburn to the Sugar Bowl" lol.

Yep! What a time it was to be alive! 😂 That’s a name I haven’t heard in forever, any idea what happened to that fella?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

Yep! What a time it was to be alive! 😂 That’s a name I haven’t heard in forever, any idea what happened to that fella?

Think he went back to LSU and did his law degree. He was originally from there but went to Georgia if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TripleDegreeTiger said:

Think he went back to LSU and did his law degree. He was originally from there but went to Georgia if I remember correctly.

You’ve got a great memory!

• Like 1

What this team shows up looking like coming out of the bye week will say a lot about the state of the program, IMO. At some point we have to start showing that we know how to win football games. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

What this team shows up looking like coming out of the bye week will say a lot about the state of the program, IMO. At some point we have to start showing that we know how to win football games. 

Agreed.  Freeze is a system coach; he hasn't been able or willing to adjust his offense to fit his talent.  As long as Hugh presses the RPO, he'll need Thorne for his legs but if after the bye week he's willing to adjust to fit his best players (Hunter & KLS) then Brown may enter the picture. 

If the scheme isn't working for the talent, then you have to adjust the scheme till you get the talent.  

On 10/10/2024 at 2:23 PM, cbo said:

You've been around here how long? I guess guy with 5 posts gets to decide who's a fan. 

My posts are about Auburn, and how they can improve. When other posters crap on what I say because they don't believe in Hugh or this team, I don't know what else to call it.

On 10/10/2024 at 2:27 PM, PigskinPat said:

Thanks man, but it’s painfully obvious the jig is up. I graduated from Auburn, my middle child is currently attending Auburn, I’m a lifetime member of the Auburn Alumni Association, a season ticket holder, I have countless pieces of Auburn apparel, prints, dishes, blankets, etc that I’ve bought and collected over the years, and a member of this board for over 20 years (before it was called AuFamily). I’ve spent the better part of my life trying to appear like an Auburn man and had ALL of you fooled until Nancy Drew came along and blew the lid off my cover.

Hey, if you want to stay off my comments about how good Auburn could be, great. Jump on my ass for being positive or seeing a way forward and I'll call you out.

On 10/10/2024 at 2:39 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

I thought you were here to “talk football”?

Why are you concerned about someone elses fandom?

This is just proving my point. My posts bother you because they aren't negative enough?

On 10/10/2024 at 3:04 PM, Gowebb11 said:

We all are. And the majority of the time we find a way to do it in a respectful and even cordial manner. 

Not that I've found. If someone thinks Hugh Freeze will be successful, or this team can improve, you get jumped on by people calling themselves fans.

Who is Auburn’s head coach when Auburn goes full Jaba and wins a natty with Hugh’s players followed by another 8 years of 8-5?

Kenny Dillingham?

Rhett Lashlee?

15 hours ago, FelixWDE said:

This is just proving my point. My posts bother you because they aren't negative enough?

Keep up your faith Fexlix. Some posters are negative because that's their character, and they will attack positivity based on that character.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Who is Auburn’s head coach when Auburn goes full Jaba and wins a natty with Hugh’s players followed by another 8 years of 8-5?

Kenny Dillingham?

Rhett Lashlee?

Regardless of who the coach is, there will be 8-5 seasons.  We have well over 100 years of history to prove that point.  What you want is to have as many 9, 10, 11 win seasons as possible among those.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Kenny Dillingham?

Rhett Lashlee?

Rhett Lashlee. Can see it now.

• Haha 2