CHF Negativity - honest question

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Yes we won 6, but didn't play the three standard cupcake games that year.  Had we played those three, which we play every year, that would have been a 9 win season.  Part of the reason some pushed so hard to go ahead and do it that year was that they knew he would have likely squeaked out 8 wins the next year and justifying the payout would have been difficult.

Guess Cal and NMSU fall into cupcake? Maybe not Cal.

On 10/6/2024 at 10:20 AM, sevenlee36 said:

Hugh Freeze’s RPO has been a turnover machine nearly every year. He only knows RPO and doesn’t know how to adapt an offense to his players. He’s effectively a system where every QB he’s had has produced plenty turnovers. I believe Elitor posted a video on this. May not be a QB issue may be a coach/system issue.

I think his system is better suited for a wing T, Option type QB. He recruited 3 pocket passers… idk..

6 minutes ago, TripleDegreeTiger said:

Good to see the team hasn't taken on the identity of the fanbase.

Rob Pate is the team?

To be honest here is what you would get if Freeze is fired this year like people want:

Other coaches: Auburn has gone through 3 coaches in 6 years. The guy that just recruited you isn't here, the guy coming in now most likely isn't going to be here in two years. They are shifting their money to buyouts and this is going to negatively impact what they have for players. You are not going to get any development without stability and Auburn is not able to offer you that. They are going to be years away from being competitive. Auburn is a program that is set on going backwards.

The class Auburn just pulled is gone for sure and the class they are currently putting together is gone.

I personally believe that firing Freeze will set us back and do more damage than what his team is doing on the field right now.

• Like 1

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Rob Pate is the team?

Exactly I think his comments are subjective. I believe we are still learning about these teams. UGA could possibly lose three games. There aren’t any household names on this UGA team like in the past.

5 hours ago, TripleDegreeTiger said:

To be honest here is what you would get if Freeze is fired this year like people want:

Other coaches: Auburn has gone through 3 coaches in 6 years. The guy that just recruited you isn't here, the guy coming in now most likely isn't going to be here in two years. They are shifting their money to buyouts and this is going to negatively impact what they have for players. You are not going to get any development without stability and Auburn is not able to offer you that. They are going to be years away from being competitive. Auburn is a program that is set on going backwards.

The class Auburn just pulled is gone for sure and the class they are currently putting together is gone.

I personally believe that firing Freeze will set us back and do more damage than what his team is doing on the field right now.

Respectfully no one wants him fired but are talking about the current product on the field. The silver lining is the recruiting class but that doesn’t mean anything. They can leave or just sit out. U have guys already doing this.  It’s sad the state college football is in. My change would be if u receiving NIL u have to give the school three years. You can either go pro or move on. The only other time u can leave if the coach is fired 

Edited by e808
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, e808 said:

Exactly I think his comments are subjective. I believe we are still learning about these teams. UGA could possibly lose three games. There aren’t any household names on this UGA team like in the past.

That would definitely be surprising.

17 minutes ago, TripleDegreeTiger said:

I keep seeing this these type of posts. There are very few people on here that are calling for Freeze to be fired. I would venture an educated guess that most of them that are calling for such drastic measures didn’t want him in the first place. Don’t conflate criticism of his coaching mistakes as wanting him fired.

• Like 4

Well, this topic predictably turned into the same old narrative. To the posters who consistently critize CHF I have a couple of legit questions:

What do you think CHF’s vision for this team is?

What are your expectations year one with the new OC and DC with 1st or 2nd year portal players and recruits that have played 6 games together?

Do you see improvement from the Cal to the Ark game to the OK game and to the GA game?

Do you think being transparent at the press conference, calling out players making bad plays, taking responsibility for the bad calls, etc.. is a good thing or would you rather just have regular coach speak?

6 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Well, this topic predictably turned into the same old narrative. To the posters who consistently critize CHF I have a couple of legit questions:

What do you think CHF’s vision for this team is?

What are your expectations year one with the new OC and DC with 1st or 2nd year portal players and recruits that have played 6 games together?

Do you see improvement from the Cal to the Ark game to the OK game and to the GA game?

Do you think being transparent at the press conference, calling out players making bad plays, taking responsibility for the bad calls, etc.. is a good thing or would you rather just have regular coach speak?

I think his vision for the team is to win. To be fast paced on offense. To be dynamic.

My main “goal” for this year was to steadily improve/grow as the season progresses and win the games we were supposed to win.

I have seen improvement. 

I knew what we were getting with Freeze in the press conferences. He has always been a bit loose lipped in that regard. What I don’t like is “calling out” players with what appears to be no consequences. What does calling a player out in a press conference do exactly? What is that supposed to accomplish? I don’t know, but I think benching an insubordinate player would do more, but what do I know? 

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I keep seeing this these type of posts. There are very few people on here that are calling for Freeze to be fired. I would venture an educated guess that most of them that are calling for such drastic measures didn’t want him in the first place. Don’t conflate criticism of his coaching mistakes as wanting him fired.

You'd see this in the basketball thread a few years ago back when we had Wendall Green, Zep, and KJ as our mainstay of guards. Criticism of Bruce and his decisions got responded to with "Why do you want to fire Bruce?". Not a single person on the basketball thread was advocating for that. Same thing here. I see very few people saying fire Freeze now. I do see alot of people questioning his decisions, lack of adjustments, and overall lack of football IQ of his team.

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

For year two, take advantage of a 5 game home stand and win at least one game against a P4 team by mid season. No rational person (that I know) is calling for Hugh to be fired or expecting to contend for anything significant right now. But it’s time to quit analyzing the reasons why and just win some games. Hugh has a golden opportunity in front of him: 4 perfectly winnable games coming off of an off week. Finishing 4-2 in this last half and making a bowl game would silence most of the critics and give reason for us be excited for 2025. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Guess Cal and NMSU fall into cupcake? Maybe not Cal.

We were originally scheduled to play Alcorn State, UNC , Southern Miss and UMass before the revised SEC only covid schedule was released.  Pre season we were ranked #11 and I am confident that we would have beaten Alcorn State, Southern Miss and UMass.

Edited by AU9377

30 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

For year two, take advantage of a 5 game home stand and win at least one game against a P4 team by mid season. No rational person (that I know) is calling for Hugh to be fired or expecting to contend for anything significant right now. But it’s time to quit analyzing the reasons why and just win some games. Hugh has a golden opportunity in front of him: 4 perfectly winnable games coming off of an off week. Finishing 4-2 in this last half and making a bowl game would silence most of the critics and give reason for us be excited for 2025. 

The question specifically stated YEAR 1 with the NEW OC and DC? 

52 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

You'd see this in the basketball thread a few years ago back when we had Wendall Green, Zep, and KJ as our mainstay of guards. Criticism of Bruce and his decisions got responded to with "Why do you want to fire Bruce?". Not a single person on the basketball thread was advocating for that. Same thing here. I see very few people saying fire Freeze now. I do see alot of people questioning his decisions, lack of adjustments, and overall lack of football IQ of his team.

However that may be I did not say a thing about firing CHF. Although there are a few posters stating that on the regular boards.

I don’t want to see CHF fired I want to see him be a better coach. I want to see him live up to “I turn programs around fast”. I want to see him develop a QB as many have stated was his strength. I want to see him get our players ready for teams like NMST and Maryland. 

It would hurt us to fire him now but it certainly hurts to continue a downward trajectory and only win 3-4 games this season. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, e808 said:

Respectfully no one wants him fired

Too lazy and not worth the time to go get, but the comments on are on the board. It isn't just this board. It is other boards/social media outlets.

39 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Doesn’t matter the coach is on year two. He is the person in charge and everything that happens is a result of his decisions. Surely u know this 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

In that case I would go with not getting complete beat down  by NMSU and don’t play a debacle of a bowl game against an average opponent missing their star QB. Hugh needs to coach better and win some games, while recruiting well and building for the future. I say again, he’s got a golden opportunity the second half. Let’s see what that looks like. 

Edited by Gowebb11

2 hours ago, e808 said:

Doesn’t matter the coach is on year two. He is the person in charge and everything that happens is a result of his decisions. Surely u know this 

Asinine to say it doesn’t matter. What’s the use to have an OC or a DC if it doesn’t matter? It’s 6 games in with the new coordinators and you expect perfection when everyone knows it was a dumpster fire before? Surly you know that isn’t logical 

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

In that case I would go with not getting complete beat down  by NMSU and don’t play a debacle of a bowl game against an average opponent missing their star QB. Hugh needs to coach better and win some games, while recruiting well and building for the future. I say again, he’s got a golden opportunity the second half. Let’s see what that looks like. 

Nothing to do with the question asked.

2 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Asinine to say it doesn’t matter. What’s the use to have an OC or a DC if it doesn’t matter? It’s 6 games in with the new coordinators and you expect perfection when everyone knows it was a dumpster fire before? Surly you know that isn’t logical 

So I present to u Chad Morris did u have the same energy for him. He had no cupcakes to work the kinks out of his offense. Gus got fired and he was out the door.
Example #2 Keisau was hired under Harsin in his second year did that matter. Dude ran his offense all of 6 games . Nobody was saying but his OC just got here lol. Like I said everything is ultimately on the coach . 

Edited by e808

4 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Perfection? How about winning a game against equal or lesser talent on your own home field? Looking prepared? Not repeatedly making the same mistakes over and over with a fifth year senior under center? Not doing things like spreading out five wide with an empty backfield while trying to run clock with a porous offensive line?

Freeze will get four years. The trend isn’t healthy, though and you know it.

• Like 1