CHF Negativity - honest question

9 minutes ago, keesler said:

To say we for sure need 7 wins next year after all this talent is piled up seems weak.

It is very weak but here is where we are.  I mean we got fans basically washing this season away. Any form of progression from this porous season will not get him canned. Trust, I believe in any given season Auburn at bare minimum should have at least 7 victories.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

It is very weak but here is where we are.  I mean we got fans basically washing this season away. Any form of progression from this porous season will not get him canned. Trust, I believe in any given season Auburn at bare minimum should have at least 7 victories.

I guess I’ve become so irritated with the state this program has fallen I have very little patience left.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

I guess I’ve become so irritated with the state this program has fallen I have very little patience left.  

Yep. Two years with no results on the field would require a major improvement in year three. There is no way around that. 

We absolutely HAVE to start winning games at some point. The tired ass excuse of lack of talent will become hollow very soon. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DAG said:

3 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Yep. Two years with no results on the field would require a major improvement in year three. There is no way around that. 

We absolutely HAVE to start winning games at some point. The tired ass excuse of lack of talent will become hollow very soon. 

We have had a lot of solid games this season. 

And by that I mean yards gained, yards per play.

But RZ and turnovers are some of the worst in football. Maybe that gets better with time?

• Like 2

Hugh's redzone playcalling has been hot garbage this year. I remember he bragged about his redzone playcalling when he first took this job. Why does he continually try to run the wildcat package in the RZ when, I believe, we're 0 for 5 when he runs it? He isn't fooling the defenses whatsoever. It didn't work when Jarquez ran it, or when Alston ran it, or when Sam Jackson ran it. 

Edited by TeamZero77

7 hours ago, Mims44 said:

We have had a lot of solid games this season. 

And by that I mean yards gained, yards per play.

But RZ and turnovers are some of the worst in football. Maybe that gets better with time?

It. should but what scares me is now learning about CHF history of having teams that turn the ball over quite a bit. Today's game is going to tell us a lot about this team from both the coaches and players perspective. If they lay an egg coming off of a bye and making the same mistakes, I am going to have zero faith in this coaching staff's ability to develop and game plan.

11 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Actually, when you are in a losing spiral, no excuse is palatable to us fans ( especially us that think we know everything about football)….Lol

• Haha 1

I think Freeze is stubborn.  He is committed to the passing game when the game strategy for Auburn should be running the ball.  If Auburn is successful running the ball then things should open up for Freeze RPOs but he comes out passing.  

How much time should be given to Freeze is though to say.  But considerations such as if we eventually need a new coach then we would probably have to show any potential canadiates that we are committed to him longer than 2 years and we need to clear room from our unemployed coaches payroll before we add another.

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

Actually, when you are in a losing spiral, no excuse is palatable to us fans ( especially us that think we know everything about football)….Lol

giphy.gif

After expecting or at least being hopeful that we could reach 8 wins this season as it began - we are now going to be satisfied with 7 wins in year 3?

Damn CHF is really hypnotizing this fan base. 

2 hours ago, difball said:

After expecting or at least being hopeful that we could reach 8 wins this season as it began - we are now going to be satisfied with 7 wins in year 3?

Damn CHF is really hypnotizing this fan base. 

Did I say that crap? If you are going to indirectly cite me, do it freaking correctly. I said if he wins 7 games next  year because this season is a joke, any type of progress will not get him fired . That is just common sense. Nowhere in any of my post did I say we should be satisfied with that or with what is going on now.

Edited by DAG

On 10/11/2024 at 11:23 AM, Barnacle said:

What this team shows up looking like coming out of the bye week will say a lot about the state of the program, IMO. At some point we have to start showing that we know how to win football games. 

Freeze’s favor with me is up. Our inability to finish or win games is systemic. I wanted to see how we would respond out of a bye week. Now we know. 

Unbelievably frustrating. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Freeze’s favor with me is up. Our inability to finish or win games is systemic. I wanted to see how we would respond out of a bye week. Now we know. 

Unbelievably frustrating. 

I think that for me he just doesnt appear to be good at making lemonade from lemons...he is just not a good coach. He can recruit but unless you can win doesn't matter much ..

On 10/19/2024 at 6:37 AM, DAG said:

It. should but what scares me is now learning about CHF history of having teams that turn the ball over quite a bit. Today's game is going to tell us a lot about this team from both the coaches and players perspective. If they lay an egg coming off of a bye and making the same mistakes, I am going to have zero faith in this coaching staff's ability to develop and game plan.

Laid a huge egg yesterday after having 2 weeks to heal, study film, scheme and plan. What a mess. 

14 minutes ago, keesler said:

Laid a huge egg yesterday after having 2 weeks to heal, study film, scheme and plan. What a mess. 

We are in the dungeon. I have concluded CHF is not the long term plan. I am hoping he at least keeps recruiting well for the next guy to come in and have something to work with .