CHF Negativity - honest question

On 10/6/2024 at 9:15 AM, bishoptf said:

I guess for me seeing all the comments I just wanted to know at what point does that change, year 3, year 4...etc.

War Eagle!  

If you want to be able to hire any kind of quality replacement then you need to keep Freeze for at least 4 years.

Freeze needs at least 3 years. I will say if we are under .500 next year then it truly is no reason to keep him around. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, DAG said:

Freeze needs at least 3 years. I will say if we are under .500 next year then it truly is no reason to keep him around. 

Yeah I agree, maybe we can win a majority of these games the rest of the year and finish strong but he needs to have a decent season next year IMHO. Now what constitutes decent I'm not sure what that number looks like, how many games do you need to win to show that you are making progress, 7 wins, 8 or ??? That to me is the question, again I think some of it depends on how he finishes this year, if we continue to lose games that number next year will need to be higher...

I know everyone keeps saying to be patient but really thought we would have a better record at this point and look better than we have.

1 minute ago, bishoptf said:

Yeah I agree, maybe we can win a majority of these games the rest of the year and finish strong but he needs to have a decent season next year IMHO. Now what constitutes decent I'm not sure what that number looks like, how many games do you need to win to show that you are making progress, 7 wins, 8 or ??? That to me is the question, again I think some of it depends on how he finishes this year, if we continue to lose games that number next year will need to be higher...

I know everyone keeps saying to be patient but really thought we would have a better record at this point and look better than we have.

I am finding it hard to believe we will be over .500 at the end of this season. We for sure need to win 7 games at least next year and year 4 we better be in playoff contention. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am finding it hard to believe we will be over .500 at the end of this season. We for sure need to win 7 games at least next year and year 4 we better be in playoff contention. 

Yeah for me even a 7 win season is really kind of a let down, I know most talk about rebuilding etc but winning 7 games is nothing to write home about...I guess we will see how it plays out. From what I have seen he is not the guy to take a bunch of lower talent and raise them up, he runs his system and if he doesn't have the players then it's not going to go well. Funny but winning seven games next year basically puts us back to what Gus was doing, not that I wanted to keep Gus, he was no longer winning championships and thats really the goal and so I think like you said we need to be in the mix at some point for him to stay and we are a long ways away from that at the moment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bishoptf said:

Yeah for me even a 7 win season is really kind of a let down, I know most talk about rebuilding etc but winning 7 games is nothing to write home about...I guess we will see how it plays out. From what I have seen he is not the guy to take a bunch of lower talent and raise them up, he runs his system and if he doesn't have the players then it's not going to go well. Funny but winning seven games next year basically puts us back to what Gus was doing, not that I wanted to keep Gus, he was no longer winning championships and thats really the goal and so I think like you said we need to be in the mix at some point for him to stay and we are a long ways away from that at the moment.

I agree. It is all a let down but can’t see him getting terminated if we do as bad as I think and he shows progression next year , even if marginal. 

4 hours ago, GreenTiger said:

One could argue that “continuity” is an issue for all teams post portal 

I think it’s a big problem for us b/c we’re missing a homegrown junior/senior class.  We have a bunch of hired journeymen coupled with talented new freshmen…big leadership void.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DAG said:

This staff has their work cut out for them if this season gets to the point where we're facing a sub .500 finish.  Right now, as things stand, there's a lot of hope and a chance to salvage 2024 and make a bowl.  The psychological and mental dynamic can turn on a dime in a few short weeks.  

3 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

This staff has their work cut out for them if this season gets to the point where we're facing a sub .500 finish.  Right now, as things stand, there's a lot of hope and a chance to salvage 2024 and make a bowl.  The psychological and mental dynamic can turn on a dime in a few short weeks.  

What games do you see us winning to get there?  A win over Missouri would restore hope but I just don’t see it. Thats why we have fans all of a sudden saying this season is a wash ( which is crap to me).

On 10/13/2024 at 6:23 PM, DAG said:

We still holding on previous victories against NS, huh?

Anyone remember when our fans were touting Harsin for having the 3rd highest winning percentage behind Saban/Swinney when he was hired?

I remember. :cool:

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, AUApostle said:

I think it’s a big problem for us b/c we’re missing a homegrown junior/senior class.  We have a bunch of hired journeymen coupled with talented new freshmen…big leadership void.

You could be right. I really don’t know what the issue is but whatever they are CHF needs to figure it out.

Just now, JerryAU said:

Anyone remember when our fans were touting Harsin for having the 3rd highest winning percentage behind Saban/Swinney when he was hired?

I remember. :cool:

I definitely fell for the Harsin Kool aid. My bro @e808 was the first to call out the BS at the time. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

I definitely fell for the Harsin Kool aid. My bro @e808 was the first to call out the BS at the time. 

I too supported and believed in what Harsin was about for far too long and vowed ‘never again’. The first major flag for me @ HF was last year’s NMSU game and then the bowl game. The AU team on the field that day looked as poorly prepared as any I’ve seen in a long time. This second half is huge for how I feel about CHF going forward. Time for some wins and some production.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

Looks like I might need to prepare to eat crow on this hire if things don’t turnaround soon lol

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

What games do you see us winning to get there?  A win over Missouri would restore hope but I just don’t see it. Thats why we have fans all of a sudden saying this season is a wash ( which is crap to me).

I hope playing away from JHS will reinvigorate the team, take some of the pressure off certain players to perform in front of the AU Family.  We've had 1 away game, and we executed better vs a topo 10 uga team in Athens. 

We head to CoMo this week then Lexington; maybe after the bye these coaches can do a reset of sorts.  I've seen gradual improvements in the last 2 games, they've cleaned up some glaring issues and protected the ball better.  If they can come away with a win vs Mizzou, then I think they can pose a serious challenge to UK & Vandy, etc.  

Sometimes leaving the confines of the home crowd, going into hostile territory, everyone has to communicate and have each other's back.  The coaches need to refocus, get everyone on the same page and fighting to get the win. :dunno:

My Lord, something has to ignite a spark and there's no better opponent than Mizzou.  

• Like 3

On 10/12/2024 at 11:40 PM, bishoptf said:

Ya know I have no magic 8 ball or crystal ball or anything that will tell me who will be the next saban. Folks that we think will be a solid hit have flamed out at other locations..cough Napier...etc. I give each one we hire full support until they show that they are not getting the job done, I eve supported the Potato bunch, I want Auburn to win...the reality is, whenever you pick someone even someone that appears to be solid it doesn't always work out. I know most don't think thats Rhett but really there is no sure thing, never is, some times it clicks and some times it doesn't.

I think we are at least another bad year before that would be a discussion, I hope CHF turns it around, I really do but we will have to see how it plays out.

The one that surprises me is Napier. He didn't exactly got to a school that is deprived of talent. At least that's what i thought.

52 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

The one that surprises me is Napier. He didn't exactly got to a school that is deprived of talent. At least that's what i thought.

Dan Mullen is/was a crappy recruiter, he's borderline Harsin level and he let the talent deplete greatly by UF standards.  Who knows if the UF highbrows will give Napier more time or cut bait and start over?  

With coaching salaries as astronomical as they are + the multi-millions poured into NIL; patience runs thin when the wins don't come quick enough.  

19 hours ago, AURex said:

I've been told with vehemence on AUF by "experts" in football that nothing is the fault of CHF and his assistants. It's all on the players. They be crappy and the coaches be glorious. Yep, that's their story.

And as Auburn crawls to a season of just one more (upset) win, one of the worst seasons in Auburn football history, I'll be respecting their brilliance.

Experts here tell me the exact opposite here!😆That players are doing everything right, executing everything to perfection, and using basic fundamentally sound skills 100% of the time.

Btw anyone catch the LSU QB against Ole Miss take two shots to the endzone, one shot across the sticks, and LSU still get there kicker out and lined up to make a FG. All in under 25 seconds, at the end of the half, with no timeouts.

Freeze may flame out, but I expect a 5th year senior QB that has played the game his whole life, is the son of a football coach, and getting paid six figures to have that kind of decision making on the field and not have their hand held.

Now if you wanna say its a crappy decision we have to rely on Thorne I agree that is on the coach.

Course when I was a D1 scholarship athlete I held myself accountable for my on the field decision making and not the coaches. So I am biased that way.

9 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Where did anyone say that?

He didn't like that I disagreed with time management during the OU game at the end of the half and believed that Thorne made poor decisions and that routes were not run deep enough. That player decision making was the screw up and not the calls. Called me an expert. I'm sure its a petty shot at me lol.

Probably just tap the ignore button today on it.

4 hours ago, TripleDegreeTiger said:

Experts here tell me the exact opposite here!😆That players are doing everything right, executing everything to perfection, and using basic fundamentally sound skills 100% of the time.

Btw anyone catch the LSU QB against Ole Miss take two shots to the endzone, one shot across the sticks, and LSU still get there kicker out and lined up to make a FG. All in under 25 seconds, at the end of the half, with no timeouts.

Freeze may flame out, but I expect a 5th year senior QB that has played the game his whole life, is the son of a football coach, and getting paid six figures to have that kind of decision making on the field and not have their hand held.

Now if you wanna say its a crappy decision we have to rely on Thorne I agree that is on the coach.

Course when I was a D1 scholarship athlete I held myself accountable for my on the field decision making and not the coaches. So I am biased that way.

@TitanTiger notify your others... I still hate that quoted posts are not part of quoting a post ;)

TDT this isn't just you @AURex did the same, as you quoted.

People have a tendency to see all the things against their POV when reading, but if you take the averages it's a lot of people saying HF needs to make better on his mistakes, and that PT needs to do so as well. Some have made comments against Cam C and others, but that's rarer. 

Basically, what you both said is puttin 100 on 10. No one believes that the players or coaches are 100% correct, we got a coach making a good bit of mistakes, compounded by some senior players not living up to potential and making a good bit of mistakes also.

To end the post on a bright note, AU has had good offensive production this year as far as yards gained. If redzone woes and turnovers can be ...if not eliminated, just minimized. Auburn can have a decent turnaround this year. 

My issue with the argument of saying PT gives Auburn the best chance of winning because of his running ability. Not because of making sounds decisions or the ability to run the RPO scheme effectively. This is what separates a fifth yeat senior and freshmen. Just think about that 

2 hours ago, Mims44 said:

@TitanTiger notify your others... I still hate that quoted posts are not part of quoting a post ;)

TDT this isn't just you @AURex did the same, as you quoted.

People have a tendency to see all the things against their POV when reading, but if you take the averages it's a lot of people saying HF needs to make better on his mistakes, and that PT needs to do so as well. Some have made comments against Cam C and others, but that's rarer. 

Basically, what you both said is puttin 100 on 10. No one believes that the players or coaches are 100% correct, we got a coach making a good bit of mistakes, compounded by some senior players not living up to potential and making a good bit of mistakes also.

To end the post on a bright note, AU has had good offensive production this year as far as yards gained. If redzone woes and turnovers can be ...if not eliminated, just minimized. Auburn can have a decent turnaround this year. 

I just saw ELO.... you can't Bring Me Down or take away my Blue Skies. Sunshine pumping for all:

1elo.JPEG