CHF Negativity - honest question

8 hours ago, e808 said:

Doesn’t matter the coach is on year two. He is the person in charge and everything that happens is a result of his decisions. Surely u know this 

He does. He just loves being obtuse. 

• Love 1

51 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Perfection? How about winning a game against equal or lesser talent on your own home field? Looking prepared? Not repeatedly making the same mistakes over and over with a fifth year senior under center? Not doing things like spreading out five wide with an empty backfield while trying to run clock with a porous offensive line?

Freeze will get four years. The trend isn’t healthy, though and you know it.

Right . These posters go to extremes to deny the facts. This dude couldn’t find anywhere where any poster said we need to be perfect. We need to win games we are suppose to win. The damn ball coach has said this. Auburn fans are the worst at apologetics then watch in year three if things don’t get better, posters like the guy you are responding to will want to get personal with their attacks of the football coach and behave in a 180 manner, like they weren’t just blindly sticking up for the coach. 

• Like 2

On 10/7/2024 at 9:06 PM, Gowebb11 said:

In that case I would go with not getting complete beat down  by NMSU and don’t play a debacle of a bowl game against an average opponent missing their star QB. Hugh needs to coach better and win some games, while recruiting well and building for the future. I say again, he’s got a golden opportunity the second half. Let’s see what that looks like. 

That’s what I believe too. He keeps saying second half, which is great, but we need a 4/2 second half at the least. I hope we do it, but I have my doubts. 

On 10/7/2024 at 12:39 AM, PigskinPat said:

If it’s Freeze’s offense and Freeze is calling the plays, then how is getting a third OC in three years going to make anything better?

I already answered that. I'm done with this conversation, you're wrong, you don't pay attention and just respond with useless anger.

We get it, this isn't your team or how you'd do it. Just remember that this isn't your team when Auburn turns things around and fights for SEC championships in a few years.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, FelixWDE said:

I already answered that. I'm done with this conversation, you're wrong, you don't pay attention and just respond with useless anger.

We get it, this isn't your team or how you'd do it. Just remember that this isn't your team when Auburn turns things around and fights for SEC championships in a few years.

I'll be VERY shocked if Hugh Freeze ever fights for an SEC Title at Auburn. It's a 16 team conference now and there's no East or West division anymore. We would have to finish top 2 in the conference just to make it to the SECCG. So he will have to beat out Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, Texas A&M, Alabama, Georgia, Ole Miss and Tennessee in some form or fashion to get there. And that's leaving out Missouri, Florida, Kentucky, etc. If he can have the same equal talent on his roster as Kirby, Sarkisian, Brian Kelly, Heupel, DeBoer, Venables, Kiffin amongst others, I truly don't think he could outcoach them. This isn't 10-12 years ago when he was at Ole Miss. This is present day and his decision making, clock management, game management, QB evaluation and QB development aren't worthy of being an SEC coach. In my opinion, he is more suited for a G-5 program like he was at and the same goes for Napier, Gus and some others. I rewatched the AU vs UGA game today and Greg McElroy is asking why Hugh isn't in a 2 minute offense. We were down 3 scores with 7 minutes left and Hugh was huddling, running the play clock down every play and there was ZERO urgency whatsoever. The announcers kept mentioning this. Freeze's clock management skills would make Les Miles say dayum!!! And he has always been this way. Always. And we were all told that Phillip Montgomery was the problem. New season, same ol' s***.

Being a great recruiter is only a piece of the puzzle. Jimbo Fisher and Freeze, when he was at Ole Miss, both prove that it takes alot more than great recruiting to get to an SECCG because both men beat Alabama with Saban and still didn't get to the SECCG. 

Just my opinion of course. 

Edited by TeamZero77

9 hours ago, FelixWDE said:

I think you may have gotten your meds mixed up? 🤷🏻‍♂️

36 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I think you may have gotten your meds mixed up? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think you have the teams you root for mixed up. Go bandwagon Bama or Georgia dude.

3 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I'll be VERY shocked if Hugh Freeze ever fights for an SEC Title at Auburn.

With NIL I don't think it matters who the coach is given the money other programs have. We aren't even paying him the median pay for an SEC coach in this day and age.

3 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I'll be VERY shocked if Hugh Freeze ever fights for an SEC Title at Auburn. It's a 16 team conference now and there's no East or West division anymore. We would have to finish top 2 in the conference just to make it to the SECCG. So he will have to beat out Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, Texas A&M, Alabama, Georgia, Ole Miss and Tennessee in some form or fashion to get there. And that's leaving out Missouri, Florida, Kentucky, etc. If he can have the same equal talent on his roster as Kirby, Sarkisian, Brian Kelly, Heupel, DeBoer, Venables, Kiffin amongst others, I truly don't think he could outcoach them. This isn't 10-12 years ago when he was at Ole Miss. This is present day and his decision making, clock management, game management, QB evaluation and QB development aren't worthy of being an SEC coach. In my opinion, he is more suited for a G-5 program like he was at and the same goes for Napier, Gus and some others. I rewatched the AU vs UGA game today and Greg McElroy is asking why Hugh isn't in a 2 minute offense. We were down 3 scores with 7 minutes left and Hugh was huddling, running the play clock down every play and there was ZERO urgency whatsoever. The announcers kept mentioning this. Freeze's clock management skills would make Les Miles say dayum!!! And he has always been this way. Always. And we were all told that Phillip Montgomery was the problem. New season, same ol' s***.

Being a great recruiter is only a piece of the puzzle. Jimbo Fisher and Freeze, when he was at Ole Miss, both prove that it takes alot more than great recruiting to get to an SECCG because both men beat Alabama with Saban and still didn't get to the SECCG. 

Just my opinion of course. 

Nobody's really giving Freeze credit for the improvements he made this year because of the Auburn record. The defense is playing well and getting better, and the offense is moving the ball as well as they ever have, all with subpar QB play. Turnovers have been the bane of this year's Auburn team, not lack of offensive like last year. And that's with Auburn playing 2 of the best defenses in the league in OU and GA.

Hugh has the defensive and offensive schemes to play with the big boys. He doesn't have the players (yet), and (IMO) the offensive coaching staff is lacking. Those can be fixed.

Personally I don't care if you like Freeze, don't like Freeze, don't care about Freeze, are in love with Freeze, whatever. I'm here to talk ball, not obsess over the coach like teenage girls over the Beatles.

11 hours ago, FelixWDE said:

I think you have the teams you root for mixed up. Go bandwagon Bama or Georgia dude.

I’m pretty sure you have me mixed up with someone else unless you’re just trolling.

10 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I’m pretty sure you have me mixed up with someone else unless you’re just trolling.

I'm at least a fan of Auburn. I can't tell who you're a fan of but it's definitely not Auburn.

12 hours ago, TripleDegreeTiger said:

With NIL I don't think it matters who the coach is given the money other programs have. We aren't even paying him the median pay for an SEC coach in this day and age.

The staff makes an obscene amount of money. All staffs do.  That isn't the problem.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, FelixWDE said:

I'm at least a fan of Auburn. I can't tell who you're a fan of but it's definitely not Auburn.

What are the comments that I’ve made that have led you to believe I’m not an Auburn fan? Be specific.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

What are the comments that I’ve made that have led you to believe I’m not an Auburn fan? Be specific.

That was such a ridiculous accusation. You shouldn't even respond 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 10/6/2024 at 11:24 AM, DAG said:

Thats how I feel. I am grateful for the recruiting classes but we got to start winning games too. In this new age of recruiting, you can have them then all of a sudden they are gone. 

you've got to be able to develop them once you get them on campus. So far, for the most part, that hasn't happened.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

you've got to be able to develop them once you get them on campus. So far, for the most part, that hasn't happened.

I agree.

1 hour ago, PigskinPat said:

Show me a comment you've made supporting Auburn. All I see is you bitching.

1 hour ago, PigskinPat said:

You've been around here how long? I guess guy with 5 posts gets to decide who's a fan. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cbo said:

You've been around here how long? I guess guy with 5 posts gets to decide who's a fan. 

This coming February will be 21 years before it was even called AuFamily! 😂

Edited by PigskinPat
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I thought you were here to “talk football”?

Why are you concerned about someone elses fandom?

He isn't. He is here to throw a tantrum if others don't share his opinion of fandom. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, FelixWDE said:

I'm here to talk ball,

We all are. And the majority of the time we find a way to do it in a respectful and even cordial manner. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

I would disagree with the development.  Especially on the defensive side of the ball, our freshmen are really hitting their stride and even overtaking the veterans.  Fun fact, Kaleb Harris, who is in the running to be a freshmen All-American, was our lowest rated recruit last year.  The only freshman I would agree isn't developing as hoped would be Cam Coleman.  Perry Thompson got here so late he gets a pass.  Malcom Simmons I think is getting better every game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I would disagree with the development.  Especially on the defensive side of the ball, our freshmen are really hitting their stride and even overtaking the veterans.  Fun fact, Kaleb Harris, who is in the running to be a freshmen All-American, was our lowest rated recruit last year.  The only freshman I would agree isn't developing as hoped would be Cam Coleman.  Perry Thompson got here so late he gets a pass.  Malcom Simmons I think is getting better every game.

Good post.

Players are getting better, they're maturing, gaining experience & knowledge of the system. We can see gradual improvements; it looks like guys are absorbing the coaching.  

There still seems to be a lot of communication problems, get those fixed and we may see the lightbulb flip on for a lot of guys. 

• Like 2