Is This True?

I only have a minute or two this morning but wanted to throw this out there.

Despite what Biden told a reporter recently (after a few seconds worth of fog during which he finally remembered what storm the reporter was referring to) about the hurricane response (that would be that "people are getting everything they need and are very happy about it"), people are not getting what they need and are not happy about it.

I doubt anyone will dispute that, although you never know.

But assuming we can agree on that, this is what I am trying to fact check.

I also read that we'e spent over a billion dollars on putting illegal immigrants up in apartments over the last X number of months, and that the money to do so came from FEMA.

If true, no wonder they keep saying "We don't have enough money to get through hurricane season, so this is all we have to offer."  Well, no !#$@.  Your budget is going to pay for people from other countries to live here rather than taking care of your own citizens.

If this is true, I hope everyone significantly affected by this hurricane still finds an opportunity to vote.  And I hope that some private citizen is able to provide them with the help and relief they need, since the government spent all their money to do so on Dreamers.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

I also read that we'e spent over a billion dollars on putting illegal immigrants up in apartments over the last X number of months, and that the money to do so came from FEMA.

If true, no wonder they keep saying "We don't have enough money to get through hurricane season, so this is all we have to offer."  Well, no !#$@.  Your budget is going to pay for people from other countries to live here rather than taking care of your own citizens.

If this is true, I hope everyone significantly affected by this hurricane still finds an opportunity to vote.  And I hope that some private citizen is able to provide them with the help and relief they need, since the government spent all their money to do so on Dreamers.

Y’all are easy marks for lies.

The disaster relief fund is its own thing, allocated by Congress. And as I said in another thread, Republicans deliberately underfund it so they can grandstand every time there’s an overage. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 3

The administration is stating that the allocated  FEMA funding for disaster relief is separate from the allocated funds for illegal immigrants.   I tend to believe that is true.

The issue I believe is that the government just started a new fiscal year on October 1 and  a budget for 2025 has not been passed therefore the federal government is operating under a Continuing Resolution. 

New 2025 FEMA funding would need to provided to provide additional funding for Hurrican relief under the continuing resolution. 

I am not sure about the legality of moving any available remaining 2024 FEMA money designated to support immigrants over to the designated 2924 FEMA funding for disaster relief.  Would think it should be possible if there were any available. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

Despite what Biden told a reporter recently (after a few seconds worth of fog during which he finally remembered what storm the reporter was referring to) about the hurricane response (that would be that "people are getting everything they need and are very happy about it"), people are not getting what they need and are not happy about it.

my second ex lives 12 miles from ashville. she said they really are being taken care of very well. they are provided meals every single day plus a food pantry available every single day. now to be honest i do not know how much the feds have helped. i am sure they have. but i do want to say brenda said she has never seen such community support in her life and she has lived in several places. people opening their homes for showers. heck brenda got cleaned up and these people had a meal waiting on the table. she said it looked so good she actually got two suppers. and they have bent their backs pulling strings so she can get her chemo meds in the mail. anyway i just want you say i am so impressed with their communities. hell they were feeding folks steak and you know the feds did not supply that.those folks in her small community just amaze me and i have a wonderful opinion of NC folks. i will never forget this my friend and ex is dying. she has fought it for four years now and i hope she has many more.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

462192653_1252794659203059_5022924448156108830_n.jpg

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

my second ex lives 12 miles from ashville. she said they really are being taken care of very well. they are provided meals every single day plus a food pantry available every single day. now to be honest i do not know how much the feds have helped. i am sure they have. but i do want to say brenda said she has never seen such community support in her life and she has lived in several places. people opening their homes for showers. heck brenda got cleaned up and these people had a meal waiting on the table. she said it looked so good she actually got two suppers. and they have bent their backs pulling strings so she can get her chemo meds in the mail. anyway i just want you say i am so impressed with their communities. hell they were feeding folks steak and you know the feds did not supply that.those folks in her small community just amaze me and i have a wonderful opinion of NC folks. i will never forget this my friend and ex is dying. she has fought it for four years now and i hope she has many more.

It's a great area culturally.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

Wherever you read that….is someplace you need to STOP READING BECAUSE IT IS CRAP

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

On 10/5/2024 at 9:55 AM, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

I have not encountered this much total BS in one upchuck in quite awhile. Thanks for the

image.thumb.jpeg.fce58e54c66d2a37e6b37a3d39af6b99.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

18 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Almost as bad as MSNBC. 

Great.  Stop watching both.  I don't.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2024 at 9:55 AM, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

....he finally remembered what storm the reporter was referring to) about the hurricane response (that would be that "people are getting everything they need and are very happy about it"), people are not getting what they need and are not happy about it.

You have got to be kidding.  :laugh:

That is BS conspiracy BS right out of the MAGA-sphere, along with all the FEMA Conspiracy Lies.

People like you are the problem.

Edited by homersapien

Just now, homersapien said:

Yeah, but FOX is a "certified" liar. ;D

MSNBC is a self-identified liar and admits to trying to make their viewers dumber. Claim to be an extension of the democrap party. 

7 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

MSNBC is a self-identified liar and admits to trying to make their viewers dumber. Claim to be an extension of the democrap party. 

Same as Fox. All 24/7 news media companies are trash, profit driven rags. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Don't watch MSNBC and never have.

Personally, I watch PBS, subscribe to the WAPO and The Atlantic, and then surf various sites at random.

But what I said stands - only Fox has been sanctioned by our legal system for lying.  Not surprisingly, since they are laughably partisan - essentially a propaganda source.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Don't watch MSNBC and never have.

Personally, I watch PBS, subscribe to the WAPO and The Atlantic, and then surf various sites at random.

But what I said stands - only Fox has been sanctioned by our legal system for lying.  Not surprisingly, since they are laughably partisan - essentially a propaganda source.

Still waiting for OP to tell us where he saw this crap

On 10/8/2024 at 1:32 PM, wdefromtx said:

Fox has now paid well over $1 billion to settle defamation claims based on their admitted lies concerning the 2020 election and the companies that manufacture voting tabulation hardware and software used all over the country.

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Fox has now paid well over $1 billion to settle defamation claims based on their admitted lies concerning the 2020 election and the companies that manufacture voting tabulation hardware and software used all over the country.

Nobody cares about Fox, I don’t watch Fox, I assume you don’t watch it, I could care less about their lawsuit.  Is this like your version of “But Trump” or Russia Russia Russia? 

Fox bad, CNN good with you I get it. 

6 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Nobody cares about Fox, I don’t watch Fox, I assume you don’t watch it, I could care less about their lawsuit.  Is this like your version of “But Trump” or Russia Russia Russia? 

Fox bad, CNN good with you I get it. 

I only watch 24 hour news channels,  like CNN, if there is something major happening, like a hurricane or election results coming in from across the nation.  During a major national or international event, they have the capability of delivering  coverage better than most due to the number of correspondents on the ground around the globe.   I have no use for opinion shows on any network.  I will give CNN credit for not being what Fox has become.  The degree to which Fox advocates and panders to one point of view is pathetic.

• Like 1

Just now, AU9377 said:

I only watch 24 hour news channels,  like CNN, if there is something major happening, like a hurricane or election results coming in from across the nation.  During a major national or international event, they have the capability of delivering  coverage better than most due to the number of correspondents on the ground around the globe.   I have no use for opinion shows on any network.  I will give CNN credit for not being what Fox has become.  The degree to which Fox advocates and panders to one point of view is pathetic.

LOL, CNN fair and unbiased........totally. Dude, both sides pander and are essentially a form of propaganda for their own side. 

Learn to go outside the DNC tent, go find some independents, find some VLOG's where they review how each side is covering a story so that you can form a real opinion of what is reality. 

I used to try to get snippets of each side on my own but they all have gotten progressively worse. I eventually could not stand listening to their drivel. 

I would rather see what someone like Ana Kasparian's take is before any of the mainstream media. Then again, you probably already think she's turned MAGA, so there's that. 

2 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

LOL, CNN fair and unbiased........totally. Dude, both sides pander and are essentially a form of propaganda for their own side. 

Learn to go outside the DNC tent, go find some independents, find some VLOG's where they review how each side is covering a story so that you can form a real opinion of what is reality. 

I used to try to get snippets of each side on my own but they all have gotten progressively worse. I eventually could not stand listening to their drivel. 

I would rather see what someone like Ana Kasparian's take is before any of the mainstream media. Then again, you probably already think she's turned MAGA, so there's that. 

I just told you that I don't watch any of the 24 hour networks for someone's "take."  If a hurricane is approaching, CNN isn't putting on an anchor insinuating that MTG has a point in her crazed nonsense about govt control.  They are telling me windspeed, direction and forecast landing.

I am not a Democrat.  For example, I voted for the Republican candidate for governor in the last Georgia governor's race.  You are the one making assumptions.  Sometimes you simply need information.  I am intelligent enough to filter a left leaning bias.  What I won't tolerate is being told that lies are opinions and should be understood as entertainment.  That is the Fox position and it is having a detrimental impact on our democracy.  Our population is simply not intelligent enough to know the difference.

Like Chris Wallace, former Fox anchor,  has stated, truth and non truth are not negotiable terms.  There really is a thing called journalistic integrity that still exists, even though many are attempting to kill it to make a quick buck or two every day.

• Like 3

On 10/5/2024 at 10:34 AM, aubiefifty said:

I live near there as well.

The government support was slow... as it always is. That's not a "Biden" thing, we as a country are always seemingly much better equipped to destroy crap in other countries than render aid in our own.

But the community has been great, to the point that when government people/national guard etc showed up... it wasn't all that big of a deal. Our church had people turned away a couple times, as there were just SO many people volunteering and bringing supplies.