Vs OU Post Game Thread

Peyton Thorne Dad and Grand Dad.. usually sons of coaches are not stupid and understand the game. He did pretty Well at Michigan State. SOOO maybe, since Gus couldnt coach a QB and his Buddy Frozone is ruining Thorne.. Example Bo Nix.

JUST THROWING THAT OUT THERE...

Jeff Thorne is an American football coach and former player. He was the offensive coordinator at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo, Michigan in 2022. Thorne served as the head football coach at North Central College from 2015 to 2021. He succeeded his father, John Thorne, and led the 2019 team to an NCAA Division III national title.[1] Thorne played college football at Eastern Illinois University, starting at quarterback in the early 1990s.

47 minutes ago, shabby said:

Your nuts if you think Thorne is the reason this game wasn't one. Did thorn missed two field goals? Did thorn pull himself out of the game on the one yard line at the Gold Line? Did Thorne continually get burned while playing in the secondary?

Thorne was 21 out of 32 with 338 yards and one interception. With a complete team that would have meant a blowout. The right quarterback was in this game

He definitely lost the game for us on those last 3 drives. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EastTNTiger said:

Peyton Thorne Dad and Grand Dad.. usually sons of coaches are not stupid and understand the game. He did pretty Well at Michigan State. SOOO maybe, since Gus couldnt coach a QB and his Buddy Frozone is ruining Thorne.. Example Bo Nix.

Jeff Thorne is an American football coach and former player. He was the offensive coordinator at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo, Michigan in 2022. Thorne served as the head football coach at North Central College from 2015 to 2021. He succeeded his father, John Thorne, and led the 2019 team to an NCAA Division III national title.[1] Thorne played college football at Eastern Illinois University, starting at quarterback in the early 1990s.

Hell maybe we can dig up Knute Rockne and go with the 4 horsemen formation

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, naildawg said:

I'd rather lose 49-0 than lose like that.

Yeah, the pro Gus people didn't get the problem when he was fired and the pro freeze folks don't seem to get this. Its not losing, I hate it but I can handle it. It is how we are losing. 

23 minutes ago, DAG said:

No more good ole boy hires...that is the start.  It is probably going to take someone young, unheard of, with fresh ideas to change this. No more retreads either.

I wouldn’t consider the Harsin debacle a goood ole boy hire for what it’s worth. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We're so bad at this point that a UGA ass kicking doesn't do nothing for me

Typical AU script is we'll play UGA and the Tide close and lose in the 4th quarter.

• Like 2

The pain is fresh. So let’s remember the awful coaching by the crappiest coach in the NCAA at the end of the half. That was some highIQ stuff from old Hugh. 

9 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Those are real teams with real coaches. Incredible pedigrees and then you have AU.

UGA looks like hot garbage right now. Their D is getting embarrassed. And their WR dropped a perfect deep pass.

6 minutes ago, naildawg said:

Trooper Taylor gets my vote.

We’d at least be cool. That dude really leaned in to the gameday atmosphere at JHS. 

Too bad we’d still suck. 

Someone should ask Hugh why he insists on forcing the pass game when he has Jarquez Hunter and Alston at running back? Why obnoxiously force the pass with quarterbacks who throw about 5 interceptions per game??

Edited by sevenlee36
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fasttimes61 said:

Yeah, the pro Gus people didn't get the problem when he was fired and the pro freeze folks don't seem to get this. Its not losing, I hate it but I can handle it. It is how we are losing. 

Anyone that thinks Freeze is getting fired any time remotely soon isn't living in reality.  It ain't happening.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

I would seriously argue he did run the offense better

I don't know how you could really make that argument. Hank did complete a few passes against Arkansas, but Thorne was the one that actually moved the ball down the field and put points on the scoreboard. 

We don’t have the Oline or the WR consistency to cause a pure pocket passer like Hank to be successful, and Hank himself isn’t talented or athletic enough to make plays happen on his own. 

5 minutes ago, EastTNTiger said:

Turnover machines can’t be coached up, only benched.

1 minute ago, naildawg said:

Typical AU script is we'll play UGA and the Tide close and lose in the 4th quarter.

Not the Alabama team I’m watching 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, naildawg said:

UGA ain't the same without Bowers and McConkey. They'll still probably destroy us. But they're getting destroyed right now. About to be down 21-0 in Q1.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Anyone that thinks Freeze is getting fired any time remotely soon isn't living in reality.  It ain't happening.

I don’t think he is.  And, right now, I’m not remotely excited about that.

35 minutes ago, DAG said:

PT is Freeze's guy, so he should absolutely be judged.

There should be no more Freeze excuses. No more blaming Gus and Harsin, no more saying “well wait until he gets more of his guys in” 

Freeze is what he is at this point. A mediocre head coach who might have a decent season once every 5 years.

He’s just not that good of a coach and continues to fail when the going gets tough in games 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Those are real teams with real coaches. Incredible pedigrees and then you have AU.

It’s not even close is it smh. How far we have fallen.

Just now, jluvah said:

Nobody thought it'd be close last year. But we were a 4th and 31 away from beating them.

They're looking even better this year, or UGA is looking really bad.

Bama showing everyone how’s it done by mopping the floor when someone comes to your house. Absolutely smokin UGA. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jluvah said:

I got that right. Auburn hasn’t played well in TTown in forever. Based on how this game is looking that game is going to get ugly fast

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I don't know how you could really make that argument. Hank did complete a few passes against Arkansas, but Thorne was the one that actually moved the ball down the field and put points on the scoreboard. 

We don’t have the Oline or the WR consistency to cause a pure pocket passer like Hank to be successful, and Hank himself isn’t talented or athletic enough to make plays happen on his own. 

Did we watch the same game last week? HB was moving the ball very well. Also, we have to stop the oline and WR excuses. If you don’t believe me I challenge you to go watch the film on both QBs and count the time from snap to release. HB is about 1 second if not more quicker on his decision making and that going through his progressions not starring down the first read. 

• Like 1

Just now, NoALtiger said:

Bama showing everyone how’s it done by mopping the floor when someone comes to your house. Absolutely smokin UGA. 

Calling a great game, playing loose. Legit pro team. Just incredible 

• Like 1