Vs OU Post Game Thread

8 minutes ago, AURealist said:

It actually started with giving Gus a raise and contract extension when his agent hinted he was going to Arkansas.  We should have let him walk - or pushed him out the door.

That all happened the week of the SECCG in 2017. Completely ridiculous that the AD even listened to such nonsense at that time, much less given him the extension. He should have been told to come back after the season was over, which was 2 losses later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

No more good ole boy hires...that is the start.  It is probably going to take someone young, unheard of, with fresh ideas to change this. No more retreads either.

We will never. It’ll be something like Clay Helton or Rhett Lashley.

The one hope I see is hiring a defensive minded coach that brings in a great OC. Sounds familiar…but it worked for a little while. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

No more good ole boy hires...that is the start.  It is probably going to take someone young, unheard of, with fresh ideas to change this. No more retreads either.

Freezes downfall will be Thorne.. not going to the portal and getting a qb was a big mistake and continuing to ride with Thorne is the definition of insanity. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

I agree

Yep. We probably win 9 or 10 that year with our 4 OOC pushovers. 

Gus goofed by saying the quiet part out loud that year, essentially admitting he needed those games for good seasons.

20 minutes ago, shabby said:

Thanks for the word salad. "Loser mentality" "culture" "psyche" your pulling words from your thesaurus with no connection to anything. What exactly is the side? What exactly is the culture? What exactly is the loser mentality? Who is displaying it how are they displaying it. This whole culture psych and loser mentality argument is just stupid. Maybe he has more to do with our quarterback is average and we're still feeling holes on the team like pretty much every program that has to go through a rebuild. Sorry they're not doing it on your 1-year timeline. Most programs need three four years to show something. Harvard could very easily be 5-0 right now. Just because that is said a lot. The what if scenario. It doesn't mean it's not true. These are close games that we lost. Players haven't quit. So there's no loser mentality. There's no culture problem. I'm not aware of any of our players showing lackluster effort not showing up for practice or committing crimes on the street. You're just using words with vague meanings to sound like you have the pulse on the Auburn team

Bottom line: we don’t have smart players

we don’t have smart coaches

it shows

6 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Harsin would have won the game today. 

Honestly we’d probably be 5-0 with 2 3 stars committed 😂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Rhett is doing pretty well for himself now…but he wasn’t a HC at Arky St, so we’re probably in line for Butch Jones next. 

I think they may be looking at Napier.../s

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Harsin would have won the game today. 

He’d have either won, or our running back would have ran out of bounds a yard shy of the first down just to give the other team the ball back with enough time to score. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Go get Chesney from JMU

Edited by difball
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Bottom line: we don’t have smart players

we don’t have smart coaches

it shows

s*** rolls down hill and stupid coaches make stupid players. I can’t ******* believe this team lost today in that fashion. It’s in the water 

What makes the loss so bad is that it was an extremely close one with the other team having a true freshman quarterback with 5 of his receivers being out, while being in one of the most lit stadiums in the country. 

If it took all of that for us to lose by three, imagine what it would've looked like if just 3 of their starters played. And their O-line was much worse than ours, so I don't want to hear that excuse for this game.

2 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Hell If AU is winning I don’t give a s*** if they are 100th in recruiting. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Yep , coaching makes a difference. Our current coach sucks.

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

Alabama and Georgia is on…. If anyone wants to watch some above average SEC teams.

Those are real teams with real coaches. Incredible pedigrees and then you have AU.

3 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

We’d absolutely be 5-0 without the turnovers.. but we’re too stupid not to.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

PT snatches defeat from the claws of victory.

I'd rather lose 49-0 than lose like that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TigerTale said:

That all happened the week of the SECCG in 2017. Completely ridiculous that the AD even listened to such nonsense at that time, much less given him the extension. He should have been told to come back after the season was over, which was 2 losses later.

That would have been very Balsy to tell a coach to kick rocks after being maybe one healthy KJ away from having a chance to play for it all. Maybe a better contract. As we can see right now the grass isn’t always greener. The way things look it’s going to be a while to hit 8 wins again

13 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

We will never. It’ll be something like Clay Helton or Rhett Lashley.

The one hope I see is hiring a defensive minded coach that brings in a great OC. Sounds familiar…but it worked for a little while. 

Trooper Taylor gets my vote.

• Haha 1