Vs OU Post Game Thread

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I don’t trust Thorne anytime he has the ball. He almost had me back, thinking maybe a little bench time woke him up. Then he goes and falls right back into his rut of s***. 

PT is who he is, if he has time he generally can make the right play. When he is pressured or has pressure pressed onto him, he misses throws and makes bad decisions. Been his thing since last year, CHF thought he could make him better and looks like he was wrong...now we are stuck. This team would be lights better with a stud QB, most saw that in the off season EXCEPT Freeze. 

Like my mom said you made your bed and now you have to lie in it...sad...

Edited by bishoptf
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Reality is that we don’t have a QB that can run Hugh Freeze’s offense, and our team just doesn’t have a winning mentality or culture around it. 

Interesting...

2 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

What will pulling Thorne do? Hank Brown proved he can’t run the offense any better than Thorne, and to those saying Browns picks and mistakes were due to his youth….. OUs true freshman QB managed to come Into JHS with all his top WRs out and make some good throws and not throw any picks. 

Reality is that we don’t have a QB that can run Hugh Freeze’s offense, and our team just doesn’t have a winning mentality or culture around it. 

I would seriously argue he did run the offense better

1 minute ago, shabby said:

Thanks for the word salad. "Loser mentality" "culture" "psyche" your pulling words from your thesaurus with no connection to anything. What exactly is the side? What exactly is the culture? What exactly is the loser mentality? Who is displaying it how are they displaying it. This whole culture psych and loser mentality argument is just stupid. Maybe he has more to do with our quarterback is average and we're still feeling holes on the team like pretty much every program that has to go through a rebuild. Sorry they're not doing it on your 1-year timeline. Most programs need three four years to show something. Harvard could very easily be 5-0 right now. Just because that is said a lot. The what if scenario. It doesn't mean it's not true. These are close games that we lost. Players haven't quit. So there's no loser mentality. There's no culture problem. I'm not aware of any of our players showing lackluster effort not showing up for practice or committing crimes on the street. You're just using words with vague meanings to sound like you have the pulse on the Auburn team

Ignorance or insanity is the only explanation for what you just wrote. 

There’s nothing vague about our team continually collapsing with games seemingly out of reach, or in make-or-break moments. It’s so embarrassingly clear that we don’t have a killer instinct (not putting teams away), we don’t maintain focus when it’s needed most (blowing coverage assignments or giving up turnovers at crucial moments), and our players play on their heels waiting for something bad to happen in the 4th (our playmakers vanish late in games and the last 5 minutes the momentum totally cedes to the opponent).

How many times do you need to see it? The muffed punt and 4th and 31 against Bama. 3rd and 19 and the goal line fumble against Arkansas. Giving up a 60 yard bomb to a TR FR QB and then a pick six against Oklahoma.

How. Many. Times. Do. You. Need. To. See. It? This is PSYCHOLOGICAL.

• Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

Did we sell our souls in 2013?! I remember when everyone thought Auburn was the luckiest team ever because we always had voodoo crap fall in our favor.

Yes 

Paid Cam as well

AU is cursed 

• Haha 1

Just now, AURealist said:

It actually started with giving Gus a raise and contract extension when his agent hinted he was going to Arkansas.  We should have let him walk - or pushed him out the door.

Thats subjective he never had any seasons like this . It’s the administration job to make well informed decisions. If they didn’t have the money to get  a good coach fire him the following year. Dont fire a guy doing a makeshift season if u don’t have the money 

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

Yes 

Paid Cam as well

AU is cursed 

Mikey has been vindicated with his stance about packing Gus at that time could lead us to the path of Tennessee and he is not even around to see it.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, shabby said:

He made the right call on those plays. You're not going to run out the clock with 8 minutes left. What was on the field called for a passing play. You could see what was stacked in the Box. In the end taking an extra minute of the clock would have left Auburn with even less time to try to come from behind. With 8 minutes left on the clock you take what's presented

I didn’t say anything about running the clock out. You had back to back bad passes that stopped the clock. You run the ball and take more time off the clock and punt it deep or maybe just maybe hunter or Alston makes a big run for a first  IF you hand them the ball. it is called situational awareness and thorne doesn’t have it. There was never any chance in hell that thorne was going lead us down the field for a go ahead score. Thorne doesn’t play well under pressure. With 8 minutes or whatever it was left on the clock after that series freeze chewed thorne out saying to him on the sideline why are you throwing run the ball and run the clock.. but hey thorne is freezes guy no one including freeze should be surprised . 

Just now, DAG said:

Mikey has been vindicated with his stance about packing Gus at that time could lead us to the path of Tennessee and he is not even around to see it.

Man was he right . We are in the wilderness and someone other than Hugh will lead us out. 

Where do we go from here? I’m listening the The Brain Drain and even JG Tate is done with Hugh’s ass. Hugh’s bs is quickly becoming intolerable for everyone. His personality quirks are going from charming to annoying. 

I don’t see how he turns this around this season, and what does a 3 or 4 win season do to our team/recruits? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Gus should have never gotten that huge extension and $$$, that was a huge mistake and really set the program back. Gus wasn't going to go anywhere but his agent played us and it really put us in a hole.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Where do we go from here? I’m listening the The Brain Drain and even JG Tate is done with Hugh’s ass. Hugh’s bs is quickly becoming intolerable for everyone. His personality quirks are going from charming to annoying. 

I don’t see how he turns this around this season, and what does a 3 or 4 win season do to our team/recruits? 

Waiting for guys like JH to pack the season in making a business decision 

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

I’m coming around to this line of thought.

Gus got us to bowls with Sean White. The Sugar Bowl even. 

Buck sweep, power, inside zone, jet sweep. Run the hot hand and win 3/4 of your games. 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

No more good ole boy hires...that is the start.  It is probably going to take someone young, unheard of, with fresh ideas to change this. No more retreads either.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

Thats subjective he never had any seasons like this . It’s the administration job to make well informed decisions. If they didn’t have the money to get  a good coach fire him the following year. Dont fire a guy doing a makeshift season if u don’t have the money 

Gus’s last year was 6-4 the Covid year against an all SEC schedule. A normal season has us that 8-4/9-3. They should have waited another season for multiple reasons. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Absolutely at the time Auburn owed Gus too much money. With that poor decision there is no telling how long Auburn will suffer because of it

Just now, AuburnEagle79 said:

I’m coming around to this line of thought.

Gus got us to bowls with Sean White. The Sugar Bowl even. 

Buck sweep, power, inside zone, jet sweep. Run the hot hand and win 3/4 of your games. 

I definitely think Gus should've been gone but only if we had a true plan. We literally had no plan.

• Like 1

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

Any chance we could get the old offensive staff back? Heck any offensive staff, and make sure Hugh ain’t apart of it.

Rhett is doing pretty well for himself now…but he wasn’t a HC at Arky St, so we’re probably in line for Butch Jones next. 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Gus’s last year was 6-4 the Covid year against an all SEC schedule. A normal season has us that 8-4/9-3. They should have waited another season for multiple reasons. 

I agree

Just now, AuburnEagle79 said:

Rhett is doing pretty well for himself now…but he wasn’t a HC at Arky St, so we’re probably in line for Butch Jones next. 

I’m sure that will be a great improvement. Maybe we will still suck but not as bad.

• Like 1

Just now, JMassie11 said:

Waiting for guys like JH to pack the season in making a business decision 

I would not blame him.. damn he can’t even get the ball to run…Thorne making stupid decisions off the rpo instead of handing it off.. how does freeze keep putting him out there. 

The bottom line is, this was a winnable game against a hamstrung opponent with a ton of players out, and somehow we still managed to lose.

This loss rests solely at the feet of Freeze. 

• Like 2