Vs OU Post Game Thread

7 minutes ago, e808 said:

It actually started with firing Gus with no real plan

Gus’ time was up, but, yes, no plan and here we are. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Did we sell our souls in 2013?! I remember when everyone thought Auburn was the luckiest team ever because we always had voodoo crap fall in our favor.

I genuinely have never seen a team with the hex on them like we have. It’s got to be a culture problem. It’s a deep issue that we have not improved, it’s only gotten worse and worse. 

Edited by sevenlee36
  • Like 2

Just now, AuMarine said:

Here is the problem. Thorne had a good game right up to the point where he decided to start throwing the ball off the RPO instead of handing off to Hunter or running it in order to take time off the clock. Situational awareness.. Thorne does not have it. Freeze chewed Thorne out after that series. And then when the pressure is on to get a first down and protect the lead..the 5th year senior steps back and fires the ball to the Oklahoma player without even looking.. Thorne has proven he folds under pressure. Now having said all that I blame freeze because Thorne shows us time and time again who he is and freeze continues to put him on the field. 

and his ego thinking he could fix him smh. Remember arguing so much about that last spring..

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

We are not on the right track. You have to be crazy to think so, with all due respect. Our team’s culture and psyche is so broken. Complete and utter loser mentality.

Exactly! Playing people close doesn't mean squat. Winning is all that matters.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

On the drive previous to that, Thorne threw it behind Lewis with a wide the **** open Cam Coleman just standing there. Very next play he can’t connect Simmons due to miscue. Thorne clearly lacks the football IQ to operate in this offense.  

And or freeze hasn't coached him past a scrimmage mentality and I don't think that can be ruled out.

You can't have your qb even thinking about throwing that ball PT did on the pick 6. The fact that he (PT) screams a completely unprepared qb who has zero situational awareness.

• Like 1

Just now, AUght2win said:

They wondered in the wilderness a while too. Not to the degree we are now, but they had a much easier conference.

Oh yeah.  I'm from Dallas so I watched them off and on most of my life.  I considered myself a Horns guy till I went to Auburn and it doesn't take more than one Tiger Walk and watching a game from the Student Section to make a lifetime convert.  

I just wish I was confident that Auburn will find its way out. 

6 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

On the drive previous to that, Thorne threw it behind Lewis with a wide the **** open Cam Coleman just standing there. Very next play he can’t connect Simmons due to miscue. Thorne clearly lacks the football IQ to operate in this offense.  

This. He just doesn’t have it. 

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

We are not on the right track. You have to be crazy to think so, with all due respect. Our team’s culture and psyche is so broken. Complete and utter loser mentality.

Thanks for the word salad. "Loser mentality" "culture" "psyche" your pulling words from your thesaurus with no connection to anything. What exactly is the side? What exactly is the culture? What exactly is the loser mentality? Who is displaying it how are they displaying it. This whole culture psych and loser mentality argument is just stupid. Maybe he has more to do with our quarterback is average and we're still feeling holes on the team like pretty much every program that has to go through a rebuild. Sorry they're not doing it on your 1-year timeline. Most programs need three four years to show something. Harvard could very easily be 5-0 right now. Just because that is said a lot. The what if scenario. It doesn't mean it's not true. These are close games that we lost. Players haven't quit. So there's no loser mentality. There's no culture problem. I'm not aware of any of our players showing lackluster effort not showing up for practice or committing crimes on the street. You're just using words with vague meanings to sound like you have the pulse on the Auburn team

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Did we sell our souls in 2013?! I remember when everyone thought Auburn was the luckiest team ever because we always had voodoo crap fall in our favor.

There's more to it than this, but it seems like good teams who do the right things make the breaks fall their way. While disorganized, confused teams  find a way to mess up no matter what. 

I swear if Freeze was coaching, Davis would have fumbled the Kick Six at the 5 yard line. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Maybe CHF should know what he has with Thorne by now and stop giving him RPO reads. Crazy idea. Why don’t we just call designed ****ing runs and designed ****ing passes

I don’t trust Thorne anytime he has the ball. He almost had me back, thinking maybe a little bench time woke him up. Then he goes and falls right back into his rut of s***. 

• Like 2

I fear in the next couple of years we are going to be reminded about the early red flags seen last year from this coaching staff. Example hiring an OC who offense is something you can't even understand and you are an offensive mind. Having to fire two coordinators after one season, literally saying you don't even pay attention to the gameplan because you are too focus on recruiting, completely foregoing a transfer QB...

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Here is the problem. Thorne had a good game right up to the point where he decided to start throwing the ball off the RPO instead of handing off to Hunter or running it in order to take time off the clock. Situational awareness.. Thorne does not have it. Freeze chewed Thorne out after that series. And then when the pressure is on to get a first down and protect the lead..the 5th year senior steps back and fires the ball to the Oklahoma player without even looking.. Thorne has proven he folds under pressure. Now having said all that I blame freeze because Thorne shows us time and time again who he is and freeze continues to put him on the field. 

He made the right call on those plays. You're not going to run out the clock with 8 minutes left. What was on the field called for a passing play. You could see what was stacked in the Box. In the end taking an extra minute of the clock would have left Auburn with even less time to try to come from behind. With 8 minutes left on the clock you take what's presented

I would think someone who has played as long as Thorne would be situationally aware, but it appears he has been taught to run the play based solely on what the other team shows and not consider the situation of the game. This is on Freeze for not teaching him that. Should've been running the ball with Hunter before that pick. Didn't need Thorne to read the D, just needed to line up and impose our will.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

and his ego thinking he could fix him smh. Remember arguing so much about that last spring..

My only guess is he still thinks he can play at the next level and wants to show off his “arm”

6 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

I'm the most positive guy in this forum. I still believe HF has the right idea on how to rebuild this thing. That being said, I have no idea how we lose this game. This just sucks. 

Yeah, you can't judge Freeze until PT is gone.

Just now, murpjf88 said:

Yeah, you can't judge Freeze until PT is gone.

PT is Freeze's guy, so he should absolutely be judged.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, shabby said:

He made the right call on those plays. You're not going to run out the clock with 8 minutes left. What was on the field called for a passing play. You could see what was stacked in the Box. In the end taking an extra minute of the clock would have left Auburn with even less time to try to come from behind. With 8 minutes left on the clock you take what's presented

Your defense has played pretty good all game minus 2 plays…you run the ball, run the clock then punt the ball….period and end of story

1 minute ago, DAG said:

PT is Freeze's guy, so he should absolutely be judged.

And willing to die on that hill…..

The Auburn fans who have showed up to JHS for 5 straight weeks and cheered their hearts out are truly amazing. If there's anyone in orange and blue that deserves some NIL money, it's those guys!

• Like 1

Are we the best at being the worse yet? If not, how much further do we have to fall? Or rise???

Edited by AUINSY

Just now, JMassie11 said:

Your defense has played pretty good all game minus 2 plays…you run the ball, run the clock then punt the ball….period and end of story

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, shabby said:

When he threw that ball it wasnt stacked . They gave him a stacked look and dropped back into coverage . That play had a zero chance. Run the ball. Then u can go for it or punt. Pick six was absolutely the worst thing 

What will pulling Thorne do? Hank Brown proved he can’t run the offense any better than Thorne, and to those saying Browns picks and mistakes were due to his youth….. OUs true freshman QB managed to come Into JHS with all his top WRs out and make some good throws and not throw any picks. 

Reality is that we don’t have a QB that can run Hugh Freeze’s offense, and our team just doesn’t have a winning mentality or culture around it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, e808 said:

It actually started with firing Gus with no real plan

It actually started with giving Gus a raise and contract extension when his agent hinted he was going to Arkansas.  We should have let him walk - or pushed him out the door.

• Like 3
  • Love 1