Vs OU Post Game Thread

2 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

It all started with that big collapse against MSU a few years ago. I said at the time something like that could haunt a program for years.

It actually started with firing Gus with no real plan

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

That fire drill for a quick fg was some stupid crap smh.

Also the Luke deal TD was a high risk call. It worked but ffs why call that?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deutschetiger said:

My choice for coach is 4-1 and wrecking the Gus bus.  Primetime, Primetime, Primetime!!!  You guys bought the big money donor BS once again.

Good ol boy network strikes again!

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

So who will get blamed in the media for this one?

Our talent level lol 

• Haha 3

I'm the most positive guy in this forum. I still believe HF has the right idea on how to rebuild this thing. That being said, I have no idea how we lose this game. This just sucks. 

• Like 2

Just now, e808 said:

It actually started with firing Gus with no real plan

You're right. We were going nowhere with him as coach, but should have had a plan to phase him out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shabby said:

Your nuts if you think Thorne is the reason this game wasn't one. Did thorn missed two field goals? Did thorn pull himself out of the game on the one yard line at the Gold Line? Did Thorne continually get burned while playing in the secondary?

Thorne was 21 out of 32 with 338 yards and one interception. With a complete team that would have meant a blowout. The right quarterback was in this game

lol I can count on 2 hands the number of continued bad throws….padded stats and continued disconnect with the rest of the offense 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shabby said:

Your nuts if you think Thorne is the reason this game wasn't one. Did thorn missed two field goals? Did thorn pull himself out of the game on the one yard line at the Gold Line? Did Thorne continually get burned while playing in the secondary?

Thorne was 21 out of 32 with 338 yards and one interception. With a complete team that would have meant a blowout. The right quarterback was in this game

Honestly, this is the best game we can expect from Thorne. He did a lot of good things. Much more than usual, so credit for that. Yet he still made a mistake at the end that you just can't make. As a 5th year senior. 

I honestly feel bad for him. He should not be starting at this level. Yet he's probably the best we have. I'll let you guess who's to blame for that. 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

On that pick 6, the ball just kind of fluttered out of his hand. There wasn't an AU man in 8 yards of the ball. 

I have lost all confidence in PT. He is making High School decisions with the ball. He is a senior. We now know that the receivers weren't the only problem on last years team...

On the drive previous to that, Thorne threw it behind Lewis with a wide the **** open Cam Coleman just standing there. Very next play he can’t connect Simmons due to miscue. Thorne clearly lacks the football IQ to operate in this offense.  

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

Sadly im apathetic. Was happy to see the freshmen getting lots of reps today, so give them the wheel, let them take their lumps and prepare to go all out for…you know.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Funny thing. Most of the game was very well played. The first quarter 4th and goal was a bad call. Give it to 27. The rest of the game the offense dominated until that pick 6. Special teams sucked. 

With that being said all of those calling for CHF to be fired have to be the dumbest football IQ fans on this forum. So tired of the crying (want to use profanity but I don’t cuss) and moaning. By all means go find another team to follow because you are providing worthless negativity every freaking week. Today we showed so much improvement against a stout defense and all I read is negativity. It sucks losing and I hate it as much as anyone here but see what will be once we get the right QB in place. 

OU had a lot of starters out on defense.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gctiger said:

We're probably #1 in the nation at leaving points on the field.😢😡

Careless play calling and lack of situational awareness.  Team, players and staff, needs to get buttoned up.  Hard to call out players when your own time management prevents you from closing out a half properly.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

I'll let you guess who's to blame for that.

I can't wait to hear from the "Not Freeze" clan. Most are hiding on the nest.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, shabby said:

Auburn's on the right track. Heartbreaking loss. Once again a bunch of points left on the field. I'm just an acceptance mode that there's going to be a couple more years before we get to where we need to be. The offense put up a lot of yards. They move the ball on an amazing defense. And they made a crap ton of mistakes which gave away the game.

We are not on the right track. You have to be crazy to think so, with all due respect. Our team’s culture and psyche is so broken. Complete and utter loser mentality.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

“We’ve got to do something different to win these games.” YA THINK?!?!? Give the ball to the right team. Pull the 5th-year senior who very clearly doesn’t have what it takes. Run the ball to eat up clock. Kick the easy field goals when you have them. Do anything and everything besides what we do. 

Stats and yards don’t win football games. Having more points than your opponent does. 

1 minute ago, AUApostle said:

Careless play calling and lack of situational awareness.  Team, players and staff, needs to get buttoned up.  Hard to call out players when your own time management prevents you from closing out a half properly.  

I’m old enough to remember when every play mattered and every snap mattered.

• Like 3

Did we sell our souls in 2013?! I remember when everyone thought Auburn was the luckiest team ever because we always had voodoo crap fall in our favor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

You mean like maybe you should be running the ball...CHF seems just lost with play calling, we had no business throwing the ball. This is all on CHF...

By the heated exchange between PT and Freeze on the sidelines, it looked like Freeze wanted Thorne to run the ball to run clock and Thorne threw a couple of incomplete passes. However, it is Mind-boggling to me that a senior QB with plenty of experience, needs to be told what to do in that situation. Freeze is trying to take some of the heat of PT for his poor decision making.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AUDrew said:

At least I spent my childhood as a Longhorns fan. 

They wondered in the wilderness a while too. Not to the degree we are now, but they had a much easier conference.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shabby said:

Here is the problem. Thorne had a good game right up to the point where he decided to start throwing the ball off the RPO instead of handing off to Hunter or running it in order to take time off the clock. Situational awareness.. Thorne does not have it. Freeze chewed Thorne out after that series. And then when the pressure is on to get a first down and protect the lead..the 5th year senior steps back and fires the ball to the Oklahoma player without even looking.. Thorne has proven he folds under pressure. Now having said all that I blame freeze because Thorne shows us time and time again who he is and freeze continues to put him on the field. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AU120289 said:

Well that really sucked. 

Eh I am numb tonit by now, kind of like I was in tha last year of Harsin. You just have to expect a loss and if we win then its a bonus. Its sad but its another lost season and this was do to Freeze not picking up a legit qb.

Just now, murpjf88 said:

By the heated exchange between PT and Freeze on the sidelines, it looked like Freeze wanted Thorne to run the ball to run clock and Thorne threw a couple of incomplete passes. However, it is Mind-boggling to me that a senior QB with plenty of experience, needs to be told what to do in that situation. Freeze is trying to take some of the heat of PT for his poor decision making.

Maybe CHF should know what he has with Thorne by now and stop giving him RPO reads. Crazy idea. Why don’t we just call designed ****ing runs and designed ****ing passes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1