Vs OU Post Game Thread

Football means nothing to AU anymore 

Ga and UA are the football gods and AU is nothing, irrelevant, AU won’t be competitive for another decade. 

Freeze has shown time and time again he is trash and needs to go D3

another waste of a good Saturday thanks to Hugh and the team. They are all paid to play now and should be treated as such. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Funny thing. Most of the game was very well played. The first quarter 4th and goal was a bad call. Give it to 27. The rest of the game the offense dominated until that pick 6. Special teams sucked. 

With that being said all of those calling for CHF to be fired have to be the dumbest football IQ fans on this forum. So tired of the crying (want to use profanity but I don’t cuss) and moaning. By all means go find another team to follow because you are providing worthless negativity every freaking week. Today we showed so much improvement against a stout defense and all I read is negativity. It sucks losing and I hate it as much as anyone here but see what will be once we get the right QB in place. 

You and I didn't watch the same game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cbo said:

It wasn't just the end of the game where we blew it.

Second drive of the game. We get zero points after 3rd and goal at the 3 because Thorne runs and then we go with the stupid Sam Jackson wildcat on 4th. Hunter, anyone?

Drive before the half. Time management was awful. 

That fire drill for a quick fg was some stupid crap smh.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don’t even know how you can’t watch. I haven’t been able to watch football after the Auburn game in like 8 years. 

I watch wrestling afterwards.  That's my happy place 😆 

• Thanks 1

Worst thing Hugh did this offseason was not get a qb. Im sure this is 100% am ego thing for him. I bet he thinks, “I can make him good, and I’ll look like a genius.” Bro, go get a qb this offseason.  This ain’t it. Stop losing every game against fbs opponents. You look like a schmuck, and our program is a dumpster fire right now because we don’t have a qb. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, DAG said:

That fire drill for a quick fg was some stupid crap smh.

What did you tell me at the half? Hope those missed points don't come back to haunt us. 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Makes you really wonder now the “what ifs” Auburn stuck with the freshman QB last week and learn from the mistakes…..oh but wait can’t dare ruin a kids confidence……..

Your nuts if you think Thorne is the reason this game wasn't one. Did thorn missed two field goals? Did thorn pull himself out of the game on the one yard line at the Gold Line? Did Thorne continually get burned while playing in the secondary?

Thorne was 21 out of 32 with 338 yards and one interception. With a complete team that would have meant a blowout. The right quarterback was in this game

Edited by shabby
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Funny thing. Most of the game was very well played. The first quarter 4th and goal was a bad call. Give it to 27. The rest of the game the offense dominated until that pick 6. Special teams sucked. 

With that being said all of those calling for CHF to be fired have to be the dumbest football IQ fans on this forum. So tired of the crying (want to use profanity but I don’t cuss) and moaning. By all means go find another team to follow because you are providing worthless negativity every freaking week. Today we showed so much improvement against a stout defense and all I read is negativity. It sucks losing and I hate it as much as anyone here but see what will be once we get the right QB in place. 

Freeze should absolutely not be fired. But if I was AD, I would make sure he feels the pain every single day. I would remind him his QB play is terrible, he didn’t bring in a portal QB.  His QBs and his offense are not progressing. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BustemBigBlue said:

The drive where we missed the long fg, I saw it in PT eyes and figured that was it. We just couldn’t get out of our own way and just hand the ball off. The program has been cursed at least since the iron bowl 2 years ago. 

It all started with that big collapse against MSU a few years ago. I said at the time something like that could haunt a program for years.

1 minute ago, fasttimes61 said:

He has defended every coach to the absolute teeth we've had over the past decade, it's not surprising.

7 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

5 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Oof..but so many think he can turn it around. I dunno maybe if he had a decent quarterback things would be better but CHF decided to stay with PT over the off season...this is all on him...going to be a brutal rest of the season. I have said it multiple times, I feel bad for PT, he looks shell shocked and just isn't capable to lead the team. CHF should take all the heat, no PT since PT should not have been the starting QB this season...

4 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Unfortunately, this is the new AU. 

We were smash mouth. Now we arent even mouth. We don't even act tough. 

We are finesse losers. The way we have found ways to lose these games over the last two years is mind blowing. I’ve never seen anything like it. This s*** is deep, we have a CULTURE problem bad.

Props to the defense they played well enough!

Edited by sevenlee36

My choice for coach is 4-1 and wrecking the Gus bus.  Primetime, Primetime, Primetime!!!  You guys bought the big money donor BS once again.

• Facepalm 2

2 minutes ago, fasttimes61 said:

I agree with u because there were absolutely more blunders throughout the game 

Freshman quarterbacks aren’t ready to play .

oh wait, at Auburn they won’t play for years.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

What did he do? He's been catching the ball okay lately.

I'm not talking about the player. If you don't understand the maxim, I can't help you. 

I am proud of this team for fighting so hard.....

to be at the bottom of the SEC. It's a true top to bottom effort! Maybe we'll get first pick in the draft! 

The product on the field does not make me want to watch and waste 3 hours.

10 minutes ago, tigers23 said:

I'm done....moving to basketball. I'll be back when this program decides to take this serious. Till then....**** em

You do realize that outside of our Final Four run, we haven’t gotten past the 2nd round in NCAA tournament in Pearl’s tenure. He hasn’t been a world beater either with a lot more talent than our football team has. 

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

What did you tell me at the half? Hope those missed points don't come back to haunt us. 

I said it as well 

• Like 2

Quick thoughts.

The good - KLS is the truth, defense is growing and getting better, young receivers are getting better (Coleman grew up in 1 half), O-line held their own, run game looks good.

The bad - Going for it on 4th and goal early, Mcgough got the yips, Thorne not handing the ball off to burn clock twice in a row.

The Ugly - We don’t have a QB that can even manage the game, we are going 4-8 at best most likely 3-9, Hugh is 5-18 against FBS opponents in the past few years.

We are not a good team but we have all star pieces on the board. A QB and a killer mentality makes us a contender. I’ve given up on it though. I think we are Tennessee for the next few years at least. I’ll watch but with zero expectation. My guess is we go through Hugh and one more coach before we look good again.

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

Meanwhile Colorado went to UCF and whooped their ass. 😭

You and I are on the same page with This one, most will say its just UCF...at least they have won some games.

• Like 2