Vs OU Post Game Thread

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If you want watch that clip with Thorne throwing the pick 6, look where Coleman starts from and how he catches up to the OU guy who scored. Having that speed with the catch radius and body Coleman has is unreal. 

I don’t think the guy has been mentally engaged the way he needed to since that injury but I applaud him from bouncing back from that early drop

I’m really trying to find a positive out of, “Did you see the speed of our freshman receiver who chased down that defender who pick-6’d us?”  🤣

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I’m really trying to find a positive out of, “Did you see the speed of our freshman receiver who chased down that defender who pick-6’d us?”  🤣

The guy is just a marvel of an athlete. When you’re staring a potential 3 win season in the eyes, the players are all we have to enjoy! 

• Love 2

28 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The guy is just a marvel of an athlete. When you’re staring a potential 3 win season in the eyes, the players are all we have to enjoy! 

He looked effortless covering ground. Had a great view from the stadium. It was impressive to say the least. 

• Like 2

On 9/28/2024 at 7:29 PM, SuperAUsome09 said:

AU fans better swallow those cheers of Saban retiring. Lol

Anybody who cheered about that bought the media hype about that guy.

Saban—for whatever reason—was allowed to pay players when nobody else was.  And that is a fact, not my opinion.  Last time we were caught giving a player money we went on probation for three years, including a t.v. blackout for one.  When they were caught paying Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix, they got...nothing.  Not even an investigation.

And keep in mind, nobody even denied that he was paid.  They admitted it from the beginning and still got nothing.

At one point during the earlier days of the playoffs I remember reading an article highlighting the fact that uat had more five star players than the rest of the teams in the playoffs...combined.  They hoarded talent the likes of which had never been witnessed in college football and they did it for years.  Well over a decade.  And we all know how.

Saban didn't just magically go from a mediocre coach at Michigan State and a less-than-Les Miles-level coach at LSU and a complete failure coach in the NFL to being the Best Ever overnight at uat.  That doesn't just happen.  There had to be some additional element.  Again, we all know what that additional element was.

All of this is to say, he's not that great a coach.  He never was.  With the talent gap he had he should never have lost a game...ever.  He literally went through the vast, vast majority of his career at uat with more talent than every other team he played.  And as the talent gap started to close between him and some other teams due to transfer portal/NIL, he started (quite predictably) losing more games.

So when he announced retirement I predicted exactly what is shaping up to be the case.  I said, "Almost anybody they get to replace him is going to be a better coach than he is and as long as the talent stays up over there, they are going to be better than they were when he was there."

It's amazing to me that that wasn't obvious to anybody and everybody.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

Anybody who cheered about that bought the media hype about that guy.

Saban—for whatever reason—was allowed to pay players when nobody else was.  And that is a fact, not my opinion.  Last time we were caught giving a player money we went on probation for three years, including a t.v. blackout for one.  When they were caught paying Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix, they got...nothing.  Not even an investigation.

And keep in mind, nobody even denied that he was paid.  They admitted it from the beginning and still got nothing.

At one point during the earlier days of the playoffs I remember reading an article highlighting the fact that uat had more five star players than the rest of the teams in the playoffs...combined.  They hoarded talent the likes of which had never been witnessed in college football and they did it for years.  Well over a decade.  And we all know how.

Saban didn't just magically go from a mediocre coach at Michigan State and a less-than-Les Miles-level coach at LSU and a complete failure coach in the NFL to being the Best Ever overnight at uat.  That doesn't just happen.  There had to be some additional element.  Again, we all know what that additional element was.

All of this is to say, he's not that great a coach.  He never was.  With the talent gap he had he should never have lost a game...ever.  He literally went through the vast, vast majority of his career at uat with more talent than every other team he played.  And as the talent gap started to close between him and some other teams due to transfer portal/NIL, he started (quite predictably) losing more games.

So when he announced retirement I predicted exactly what is shaping up to be the case.  I said, "Almost anybody they get to replace him is going to be a better coach than he is and as long as the talent stays up over there, they are going to be better than they were when he was there."

It's amazing to me that that wasn't obvious to anybody and everybody.

He told their AD at the time he was hired " I don’t know about the best coach, but you got the best recruiter".

23 minutes ago, Shadow Tiger said:

He told their AD at the time he was hired " I don’t know about the best coach, but you got the best recruiter".

Not hard to recruit when you have the REC machine backing you up.

31 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Not hard to recruit when you have the REC machine backing you up.

That's right. That's what gets me is when people say Freeze cheated, he payed players. Okay, and who doesn't amongst the elite teams?

On 9/29/2024 at 9:37 PM, Swamp Eagle said:

Wth have you been smoking the last 5 weeks? 😂 I assume you’ve watched the same QB’s everyone else has.

Well, just answering the previous post. Coach Hugh Freeze evaluated and brought in 3 QBs. So the results on the field are his responsibility. 

On 10/1/2024 at 9:16 PM, ellitor said:

@Auburn93 Does this sound like a simple offense to run?

A good-great coach knows what his players can execute. 

If the scheme isn't working for the talent, adjust the scheme till you get the talent.