Vs OU Post Game Thread

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

I tell u what. Let CHF go into his presser on Monday and say well instead of five  turnover we had one and see what happens

He’s already said we improved in those areas and he’s right.

You have a hard time grasping the English language. Get some sleep and don’t let 18-22 year olds ruin your weekend. 

• Like 2

Quietly Rhett Lashlee is building a powerhouse.  Bring the chosen son home.

s/ Just had to be the first to say it.

• Haha 3

Coach Freeze why do you continue to make stupid play calls, make bad coaching decisions and continue to put your team in the best position to lose each and every week? 

• Like 1

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This Ryan kid may have been good enough to not buy a QB for. That GW TD he pulled off is one of the wildest ******* things I’ve ever seen. 

He clearly made the right choice. Dude is HIM!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, e808 said:

Ryan is a speed guy but u need accurate passes. Cam is a big receiver who is expected to clean up errant passes and get 50/50 balls

Not even. That last pass was a 50/50 ball that Ryan just mossed the DB on, then juked 2 defenders to house it. Cam might not have done any of that because buddy is over here dropping simple slants. 

Edited by HabitualChiller

2 hours ago, TigerOne said:

I agree this may have been Auburn’s best game plan and execution to date until for some reason freeze went stupid and bizarre and tried to be cute. He put Thorne in a bad situation and poor clock management. 
Freeze is a salesman , poor head coach and in way over his head. 
these type losses are soul and program crushing.  I feel for the players, they left it all on the field for as long as they could.

I've started taking a shot everything you say this lol. It's like the 24 game and every time Jack said dammit.

I don't feel bad for the players. Auburn degree that is debt free, Auburn connections, nice living facilities, full medical, great meal plan, looked at as studs on campus, plenty of  money from the NIL. They are living a really nice life at the moment.

Just now, HabitualChiller said:

Not even. That last pass was a 50/50 ball that Ryan just mossed the DB on, then juked 2 defenders to house it. Cam might not have done any of that because buddy is over here dropping simple slants. 

Cam is a stud as well. No need to take anything away from him. Ryan has made plenty of freshman mistakes as well. They're both NFL stars in the making. Ryan's speed and ability to adjust his body is crazy though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Cam is a stud as well. No need to take anything away from him. Ryan has made plenty of freshman mistakes as well. They're both NFL stars in the making. Ryan's speed and ability to adjust his body is crazy though. 

Exactly. We also hear constantly that Milroe throws one of the best deep balls. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TripleDegreeTiger said:

I've started taking a shot everything you say this lol. It's like the 24 game and every time Jack said dammit.

I don't feel bad for the players. Auburn degree that is debt free, Auburn connections, nice living facilities, full medical, great meal plan, looked at as studs on campus, plenty of  money from the NIL. They are living a really nice life at the moment.

Imagine their tax liability though.

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

After the initial disgust, I feel a lot more apathetic about this loss. I honestly just don’t care anymore. Sitting here watching Star Wars. I think I may have finally just given up hope on Auburn football😂😂

In the big picture, what is this now. It’s a pay for wins sport being played by a bunch of overpaid kids who are coached by a bunch of overpaid egomaniacs.

Exactly how I have felt for a while now.

50 minutes ago, AUApostle said:

It was only a matter of time.

I had the same thought while I was watching his team dismantle FSU.

2 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

He’s already said we improved in those areas and he’s right.

You have a hard time grasping the English language. Get some sleep and don’t let 18-22 year olds ruin your weekend. 

I dont have a hard time grasping anything. The point is Auburn is still turning the ball over and losing the turnover battle . How is that improvement. How about no turnovers. Furthermore there could have been at least 4 more turnovers Oklahoma just didn’t catch them. That’s the same BS that got Gus fired but continue to make excuses. Matter of fact that’s the first time Auburn has blown a lead like that since 1999.

Edited by e808

2 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

He clearly made the right choice. Dude is HIM!

Like Bammer's have been saying the last few weeks, "Y'all may have gotten the Freeze 4 but we got the only one that really matters." I think Ryan has more TD's and receiving yards than the Freeze 4 combined.

The kid is unbelievable for any age but especially for a 17 year old. I think Ryan will get over 1,000 yards receiving this season. Julio Jones got 925 yards receiving his freshman season and I could see Ryan getting well past that in DeBoer's offense. Georgia hadn't given up a touchdown to anyone since they played Bama in the SECCG last year. Dating back to when Richt was UGA's coach, Bama just seems to have UGA's number. Kirby's 1-6 against Bama now. 

Georgia only lost tonight because they were looking ahead to the Auburn game. 😅

1 hour ago, sevenlee36 said:

Auburn’s new motto (after a loss) “We’d of won that game 9 out of 10 times”

Notice how Freeze always says that stuff? Just like he said "I should have 4 wins against Nick Saban instead of 2."  

Even the sideline reporter today said that she asked Hugh some questions at halftime when we were up 14-7 and he said "We should be up 24-7 but we didn't punch it in at the goal line and we missed a FG." Its always should've  would've could've with Hugh but its BS. If he should've and could've then he would've. But he didn't.

I wish a reporter would tell him "Your team could have 4 more TD's this season if your high school playcalling ass didn't run the freaking wildcat everytime you get in the redzone." Notice when he put Thorne under center on the 4th and 1 at the goal line, he got it? Then threw a pop pass to Deal the next play for a TD. 

I swear he is Gus Malzahn 2.0 and tries to get cute everytime he gets in the redzone. When Hugh has ran wildcat this season we've fumbled the snap out of the wildcat formation with Jarquez but recovered it. Damari Alston ran wildcat and lost 2 yards. Sam Jackson was a mess today out of the wildcat. It's so mickey mouse and our fans gave Gus hell everytime he tried it but when Hugh does the same thing our fans are crickets. 

I see alot of Gus and Chad Morris in Hugh Freeze. All 3 are best friends that came from the high school coaching ranks, landed good OC jobs, then went to coach Group of 5 programs for a year or 2, then came to be a HC in the SEC. All 3 guys had hurry up offenses that were VERY effective a decade or so ago. Then the NCAA made rule changes and it stifled their offenses and now they struggle to adapt, or they're too hard-headed to adapt and they're kinda stuck. I think that's why their teams look like world beaters against certain defenses but then they'll look absolutely lost the following 2 or 3 games in a row. Chad Morris is back coaching high school ball and if Gus and Hugh don't pick it up, they'll be joining him. 

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 2

The truth is Freeze is not the guy for this job at this level. It is unfortunate because I was advocating for him, knowing we had sold our souls. I never believed he would take Auburn over the top but I did think he would get us competitive again with great recruiting. I am hoping the recruiting stays, but it is so different in this day and age with the transfer portal. He has just been a terrible GM and HC on & off the field as of late SAVE from current recruiting (for now). He has made several blunders in his short time here as head coach and essentially GM. And it is interesting, @TeamZero77 is absolutely right in example of chad morris, gus malzhan. They all have differences but stark similarities. For one, they can't seem to adapt with the changing landscape of college football including rules and schemes. Gus will be fired soon and his buddy Hugh will be shortly after if we don't start changing the trajectory soon. No one is going to consider a 4 win season a success and that is exactly what we are facing. And the few people thinking a couple of elite recruiting classes will save us are the same people thinking a couple WRs would do the same. THAT IS NOT LOGICAL. You still got to train and develop them, which will take patience (something we cannot wait for till year 5).

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DAG said:

The truth is Freeze is not the guy for this job at this level. It is unfortunate because I really was advocating for him , knowing full well we had sold our souls. I never believed he would take Auburn over the top but I did think he would get us competitive again with great recruiting. I am hoping the recruiting stays, but it is so different in this day and age with the transfer portal. He has just been a terrible GM and HC on & off the field as of late SAVE from current recruiting (for now). He has made several blunders in his short time here as head coach and essentially GM. And it is interesting, @TeamZero77 is absolutely right in example of chad morris, gus malzhan. They all have differences but stark similarities. For one, they can't seem to adapt with the changing landscape of college football including rules and schemes. Gus will be fired soon and his buddy Hugh will be shortly after if we don't start changing the trajectory soon. No one is going to consider a 4 win season a success and that is exactly what we are facing. And the few people thinking a couple of elite recruiting classes will save us are the same people thinking a couple WRs would do the same. THAT IS NOT LOGICAL. You still got to train and develop them, which will take patience (something we cannot wait for till year 5).

Well stated. Especially the part about developing talent. Kaleb Harris and DeMarcus Riddick are more fundamentally sound, take better angles to the ball, demonstrate more football IQ, and have better technique than most of our upperclassmen and they are true freshmen. Malik Blocton is having more impact on d-line than guys like Z Walker. That should not be the case. 
It’s great that we’re recruiting at a high level but at some point we need to see our upperclassmen improve and I haven’t seen it in most cases. In fact, I would argue more have regressed the past 18 months with this staff. 

4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Well stated. Especially the part about developing talent. Kaleb Harris and DeMarcus Riddick are more fundamentally sound, take better angles to the ball, demonstrate more football IQ, and have better technique than most of our upperclassmen and they are true freshmen. Malik Blocton is having more impact on d-line than guys like Z Walker. That should not be the case. 
It’s great that we’re recruiting at a high level but at some point we need to see our upperclassmen improve and I haven’t seen it in most cases. In fact, I would argue more have regressed the past 18 months with this staff. 

I will say that Riddick is a 5 star recruit and has more potential than anyone on the defense.   He is just a freshman and learning how to play in college.  Now picture him with a couple of more 5 stars on the dline and secondary.  That’s what Auburn needs.   It’s not that the others are regressing, maybe they habit their ceiling 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

The way I look at it is the freshmen we have brought in are more talented than the upperclassmen, but the upperclassmen know the system better and won’t get as lost on the field.  At the season progresses, look for more of those freshmen to play as they get more comfortable.

Remember, we are playing a lot of freshmen, we are near if not at the top of the SEC in playing freshmen.  It will payoff in the end.  I never expected much from this season with all of the freshmen I knew would play.  They will make freshmen mistakes and we are seeing that.

8 hours ago, AUApostle said:

Who would have ever thought that would be a thought for the future.