Vs OU Post Game Thread

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

After the initial disgust, I feel a lot more apathetic about this loss. I honestly just don’t care anymore. Sitting here watching Star Wars. I think I may have finally just given up hope on Auburn football😂😂😂

Yeah I was kind of thinking that I am just not going to watch this train wreck anymore as long as Thorne is qb. Let the young guys drive the train. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AuMarine said:

Yeah I was kind of thinking that I am just not going to watch this train wreck anymore as long as Thorne is qb. Let the young guys drive the train. 

Man, I’m debating on whether I want to waste another minute on a Saturday on this team until they figure their sh*t out. At this point, anyone who keeps coming back for the same heartbreak over and over is just doing it to themselves. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

After the initial disgust, I feel a lot more apathetic about this loss. I honestly just don’t care anymore. Sitting here watching Star Wars. I think I may have finally just given up hope on Auburn football😂😂😂

I never give up hoping, for to do that then you may as well no longer watch the games. It's been a brutal stretch but I take solace in knowing that Bama when through the same kind of stretch, Dubose, Franchione, Price, Shula...so it happens but doesn't mean you can't turn it around. I love my school and always will, I will always chear for them and hope for the best but like I did with Harsin years I just lower my expectations and hope for the best. 

I think apathetic is a good word to use and it's a shame it has come to that but it doesn't always have to be that way and hopefully it will change sooner than later. :)  

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I replied with that answer because it was suggested as a possibility.  It isn't.

Yeah I agree but it will be pretty ugly if he can't win a few more....it all depends on how he finishes things up. I think they stay with him either way, but next year I think will be it unless he can really show impreovement.

Again, not a Freeze guy but he really messed up by not signing a decent QB, he better get a good one during the off season. Hopefully he has learned that this year and going forward.

4 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

I never give up hoping, for to do that then you may as well no longer watch the games. It's been a brutal stretch but I take solace in knowing that Bama when through the same kind of stretch, Dubose, Franchione, Price, Shula...so it happens but doesn't mean you can't turn it around. I love my school and always will, I will always chear for them and hope for the best but like I did with Harsin years I just lower my expectations and hope for the best. 

I think apathetic is a good word to use and it's a shame it has come to that but it doesn't always have to be that way and hopefully it will change sooner than later. :)  

I get what u are saying but college football landscape has changed so much . Even within the SEC with the addition of Oklahoma and Texas. The absolute worst time to be regressing 

10 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Man, I’m debating on whether I want to waste another minute on a Saturday on this team until they figure their sh*t out. At this point, anyone who keeps coming back for the same heartbreak over and over is just doing it to themselves. 

It's like passing by a car wreck. U.gotta rubber neck it.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

I get what u are saying but college football landscape has changed so much . Even within the SEC with the addition of Oklahoma and Texas. The absolute worst time to be regressing 

Again, there are teams that were lost in the desert and found there way back, some it has taking longer than others. Maybe I'm just an old hopeful but I think we have a good fan base and donors so I think at some point we will get it turned around. Was hoping it would be sooner than later but it is what it is at this point....hoping that this is just another bump in the road, hopefully the road gets smoother ahead. :)

• Like 1

Mahatma Gandhi once said “if it weren’t for Christians I would become a Christian because it’s a beautiful religion”.
 Some are so stuck in a negative mindset the team cannot see that there is improvement. 481 yards against a top ten defense. They had what, three plays of 20 yards or more? Dominated TOP, 2x’s + more, the goal line stand! The OLine was much better!
This time next season please keep the same energy because I see improvement, in year two of a complete rebuild that’s what I want to see. The wins will come

1 minute ago, tbone4jc said:

Mahatma Gandhi once said “if it weren’t for Christians I would become a Christian because it’s a beautiful religion”.
 Some are so stuck in a negative mindset the team cannot see that there is improvement. 481 yards against a top ten defense. They had what, three plays of 20 yards or more? Dominated TOP, 2x’s + more, the goal line stand! The OLine was much better!
This time next season please keep the same energy because I see improvement, in year two of a complete rebuild that’s what I want to see. The wins will come

I hear ya but he better get a good QB or we are going to stay stuck in the muck....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Respectfully how is the OU game improvement. They were playing with a depleted wide receiving core and a freshman QB. There is no substitution for bad play calling. Wasn’t that Gus issue. At some point u either good or bad

9 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

that was not a good team missing most of their offensive starters and true freshman qb. play looked better at times but this team managed to lose a double digit lead at home and it wasn't due to a lack of positive attitude.

4 minutes ago, e808 said:

Respectfully how is the OU game improvement. They were playing with a depleted wide receiving core and a freshman QB. There is no substitution for bad play calling. Wasn’t that Gus issue. At some point u either good or bad

Substantially less turnovers and outside of a couple plays, very good QB play.

Loss is still inexcusable, but we played a ton better than Cal/Arky. 

3 quarters reminded me how good it felt to see Auburn playing winning football.  The pick 6 took that feeling away.  That has to be what an addict feels like when someone steals their crack.  SMDH

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

We can’t play any worse. We should be 5-0, but honestly we are 2-3 for one reason, Thorne. Whether we call the right plays or not, you do not throw a pick there. It’s a handoff. Even if you have a moron for a coach who calls a pass play, if you were even an inkling of a QB you know to hand it off there. 

We were in an empty set, no back was there......

9 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Substantially less turnovers and outside of a couple plays, very good QB play.

Loss is still inexcusable, but we played a ton better than Cal/Arky. 

Substantially less turnovers and very good qb play is subjective . He actually should have had an about 5. The turnover is what lost the game. OU wasn’t even at full strength on offense

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Substantially less turnovers and very good qb play is subjective . He actually should have had an about 5. The turnover is what lost the game. OU wasn’t even at full strength on offense

Not subjective at all. 1 < 5 and 338 > 165.

The INT was horrible and did cost us, but had we played like last week or Cal, we get beat by around 30. 

8 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Come on Dawgzzzz

Yeah I stopped watching at half and just turned it back on and daaaang, that must have been a crazy come back, I thought they were done, wth did bama do when they came back out, wow.

Just now, bishoptf said:

Yeah I stopped watching at half and just turned it back on and daaaang, that must have been a crazy come back, I thought they were done, wth did bama do when they came back out, wow.

Nothing…

I'm sorry, but Williams on Alabama is waaay better than Cam Coleman. Coleman isn't a YAC monster like Williams, and his hands are questionable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Not subjective at all. 1 < 5 and 338 > 165.

The INT was horrible and did cost us, but had we played like last week or Cal, we get beat by around 30. 

When u turnover the ball there is no such thing as improvement.  No coach would ever utter that. Last week we turned it over 5 times but at least this week it was one. Cmon man

Just now, e808 said:

When u turnover the ball there is no such thing as improvement.  No coach would ever utter that. Last week we turned it over 5 times but at least this week it was one. Cmon man

You literally described improvement in your next to last sentence.

I’m mad we lost, but not to the stage of denying reality.

If we only had 1 turnover against Cal and Arky, we are 4-1.

Just now, HabitualChiller said:

I'm sorry, but Williams on Alabama is waaay better than Cam Coleman. Coleman isn't a YAC monster like Williams, and his hands are questionable.

Ryan is a speed guy but u need accurate passes. Cam is a big receiver who is expected to clean up errant passes and get 50/50 balls

2 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

You literally described improvement in your next to last sentence.

I’m mad we lost, but not to the stage of denying reality.

If we only had 1 turnover against Cal and Arky, we are 4-1.

I tell u what. Let CHF go into his presser on Monday and say well instead of five  turnover we had one and see what happens