Vs OU Post Game Thread

Just now, e808 said:

Heart my soul seeing KLS on the ground  dejected. Nothing more he can do

Yep I know he is regretting some stuff right about now

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

He could literally play Hank or Holden and get the same results. I have heard multiple people say WW is not ready and wanted to be redshirted but I don’t know that. I actually think Hank is much better than Thorne and since we are going to lose.. do it with a young guy who might just get better as the season goes along.. 

Hank definitely has better pocket awareness. 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

I just don't see how we can hold this recruiting class if we only win 3 to 4 games...the fanbase would be so restless.

No way Hugh can recruit at this level and s*** the bed on the field. Deuce should go to ND. 

if Hugh pays Ward what his value was . AU is 5-0

• Like 3

1 minute ago, e808 said:

We would be undefeated with a semi decent QB. 

55 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Kentucky exposed UGA. Bama is skull dragging them. Uga is mid and unfortunately for us we lose to mid teams. Not looking forward to next week. 

Not looking forward to Kentucky either or Bama or Mizzou, or Vandy. Pavia's licking his chops

10 minutes ago, e808 said:

It would be easier to give him a few more years if WW was the QB. Deuce Knight won’t be ready until 2026 unless u throw him into the fire year one. Pretty much wasted the freeze 4 time

You think Deuce is stupid and comes to Auburn?

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Hank stinks too. Ride with Walker .

AU will stink the rest of the year anyways 

1 minute ago, e808 said:

And faster processing time, quicker release and everything better than Thorne except running. And yet here we are. 

1 minute ago, jluvah said:

You think Deuce is stupid and comes to Auburn?

Unless Auburn severely over pays for him. If that’s the case would prefer Juju

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

I just don't see how we can hold this recruiting class if we only win 3 to 4 games...the fanbase would be so restless.

There's no way in hell you're keeping Perry and Cain at this rate. Those dudes don't even see the field. Which I've always said, the receivers ahead of them are largely really good (Lewis can come and go and Fairweather has been a mild disappointment). But no one is trying to hear patience for a 4 loss bottom feeder that got beat by 10 at home to Ark and choked a 10 point lead to that damn terrible offense OU just put on the field. 

It's gonna be a spirit breaker if Thompson or Coleman go to Bama or Georgia. And I think the former...I think that'd almost be a guarantee for Thompson. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Hank is going to make mistakes, just young and inexperienced. The other issue I saw in HB was that he thinks he is better than he really is but part of that is being young and inexperienced. Now say that, I'm not sure what the upside is with staying with Thorne, maybe you win a game that you shouldn't but I do not see how that changes anything. The upside with playing HB is that he gains valuable experience that he currently lacks. He may not be the starter next year but I think AU would be better by having him gain that now vs when something happens to your starting QB. At this point the season is done, might as well get him more playing time, IMHO.

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

Yeah but Hank can’t read defenses. Today’s game wouldn’t have been close with him at the helm. Unfortunately, Thorne is the best QB on our roster since WW can’t read the playbook and Geriner wasn’t any good to begin with

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Hank stinks too. Ride with Walker .

AU will stink the rest of the year anyways 

No argument from me. Let all the young guns get some PT and build toward the future. Riddick looks good on defense

• Like 1

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

There's no way in hell you're keeping Perry and Cain at this rate. Those dudes don't even see the field. Which I've always said, the receivers ahead of them are largely really good (Lewis can come and go and Fairweather has been a mild disappointment). But no one is trying to hear patience for a 4 loss bottom feeder that got beat by 10 at home to Ark and choked a 10 point lead to that damn terrible offense OU just put on the field. 

It's gonna be a spirit breaker if Thompson or Coleman go to Bama or Georgia. And I think the former...I think that'd almost be a guarantee for Thompson. 

Yep, people can dip out so quickly which is why I never understood the argument of not going after a QB right now in lieu of a recruiting class.

• Like 3

Well we had two losses so the only logical, not emotional, hope was that we show steady improvement and we certainly did that.  Coaches and team leaders can push for the killer instinct moving forward.   Players should be embarrassed by lack of closing mentality and maybe use this as motivation to get better there.  So frustrating seeing us play our most complete game and then just not want it bad enough to get it.  But we are improving dramatically.   

5 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

No way Hugh can recruit at this level and s*** the bed on the field. Deuce should go to ND. 

if Hugh pays Ward what his value was . AU is 5-0

Yeah and honestly I do not even think it has to be Ward, we just need someone that makes better decisions and can manage the game. Honestly I think Hugh thought he could coach PT up and he would be fine...well here we are....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, naildawg said:

Not looking forward to Kentucky either or Bama or Mizzou, or Vandy. Pavia's licking his chops

It is awful. I don’t think we will win an SEC game and I am not sure about La-Monroe don’t know what type offense they run. Hell if we stick with Thorne we might not win another game but realistically we can win 3 and that is sad. 

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

Unless Auburn severely over pays for him. If that’s the case would prefer Juju

They’d be crazy to come to Auburn now. Would be monetary suicide for them

My only thing with Hank is that once OU really started playing pressure, I do think Thorne's legs helped him keep his personal momentum going for a bit longer. I don't really trust Hank to process the defense in front of him, but I definitely don't trust him to process the defense AND figure out when to run, take a sack, throw it away, etc. 

There were just some really bad throws he tried to fit in his previous game and a half. He definitely had good moments and obv has better arm talent, but I just think he (somehow) throws more inexplicable balls than Thorne. In a straight drop back, no RPO-choice offense, maybe it'd be more in favor to him? I dunno

43 minutes ago, jluvah said:

That was @ellitor

@jluvahI don't go anywhere near in game or post game threads, but yes, If he played in the 1st half last week, we would have won. As for today yes he made a couple bad mistakes but this L is not completely on him. We left at least 9 points on the board by missing 2 FGs & not kicking a chip shot other one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yep, people can dip out so quickly which is why I never understood the argument of not going after a QB right now in lieu of a recruiting class.

I think Hugh had such a high level of faith in himself and his timeline, which is admirable, but a lot of it seems to be predicated on his past. He hasn't been in the SEC since pre-NIL and Liberty is a top tier G5 school resource wise, with or without him.

I honestly doubt that he was ever prepared for a doomsday scenario, seeing as how he's never had to face that from a program-building perspective. It can honestly be good to have someone that's failed before

3 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Yeah but Hank can’t read defenses. Today’s game wouldn’t have been close with him at the helm. Unfortunately, Thorne is the best QB on our roster since WW can’t read the playbook and Geriner wasn’t any good to begin with

My push back is a loss is a loss. At this point u might as well get HB the experience. PT kept tempting fate with interceptions. His pick  6 sealed the teams fate

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

@jluvahI don't go anywhere near in game or post game threads, but yes, If he played in the 1st half last week, we would have won. As for today yes he made a couple bad mistakes but this L is not completely on him. We left at least 9 points on the board by missing 2 FGs & not kicking a chip shot other one.

Like I said, it was you. Thanks for confirming.