Vs OU Post Game Thread

11 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

I love Auburn, and I'll never stop watching, but I've learned to approach AU football as "entertainment only".  I never expect us to win anymore, against anybody.  It makes me sick to say that, but it's my coping mechanism.  4th-and-31 did that to me, and there haven't been any real highlights since then.

So many winnable games just given away.  It's been 8 years and 3 coaches ago since we had a good team.

So I just try to find the positives about today:

• Cam.
  • The receiver that transferred from Penn State.
  • The D is getting better.  Durkin is a good coach.
  • The run game is getting better.
  • We only had one turnover.

Well, time to get back to "Breaking Bad".  I'm binge-watching it again.  It helps get my mind off our terrible season.

I agree with everything you said except for me it was the iron bowl before the 4th and 31 that started the “we’ll find a way to lose” mentality. All we need is for Tank to not run out of bounds and the games over. Of course it happens and they go right down the field with no timeouts. The 4 th and 31 I honestly had almost zero doubt would be completed for a td. 

• Like 1

This forum will break once we find a way to lose to vandy. I am baffled that this team will be a 3 to 4 win team.

• Like 3

I might have to go back and look at last weeks post game thread. There was someone adamantly defending Thorne and saying if he played last week Auburn wins easily. Well fast forward to this week and PT throws the pick six that decides the game. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

This forum will break once we find a way to lose to vandy. I am baffled that this team will be a 3 to 4 win team.

If his team doesn't break 4 wins, Hugh should not see the next season and idc what anyone says.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, e808 said:

I might have to go back and look at last weeks post game thread. There was someone adamantly defending Thorne and saying if he played last week Auburn wins easily. Well fast forward to this week and PT throws the pick six that decides the game. 

I know who you are talking about...the "recruiting is the only thing that matters" guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deutschetiger said:

My choice for coach is 4-1 and wrecking the Gus bus.  Primetime, Primetime, Primetime!!!  You guys bought the big money donor BS once again.

Sounds like a great way to turn a cluster freak into a mega cluster freak!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e808 said:

@AUDub

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Naaw, not anymore since I think most do not think we are going to win many more games. Vandy is actually a very disciplined team that is playing good football...just is waht it is now...

1 minute ago, e808 said:

That was @ellitor

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

If his team doesn't break 4 wins, Hugh should not see the next season and idc what anyone says.

Yeah i dunno, lots of folks think he gets 3 years no matter what...i guess maybe on recruiting alone but if its that bad its foing to be a very long off season and he better find a stud qb for next year since his seat will be on fire.

13 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Right now I’m full on ready to move to the ACC or even the Sun Belt. I honestly don’t ever want to play our rivals again, sport might be more fun that way.

I have no words 

I cant stand any more of this. Never dreaded to see an Auburn game before. He stayed all in on Thorne and I believe it is now his downfall. Team doesnt rally around Thorne. Freeze will be a rich man in another year.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bishoptf said:

Yeah i dunno, lots of folks think he gets 3 years no matter what...i guess maybe on recruiting alone but if its that bad its foing to be a very long off season and he better find a stud qb for next year since his seat will be on fire.

I was about to say darn if u do and darn if u don’t on the recruiting trail. With nil and the portal recruits could still come and hopefully it turns around

11 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Your first 2 sentences is me that past 8 years or so, I was a rabid football fan, I kept up with everything college, and then it got sucked out of me bc of complete ineptitude.

I probably said too much. Now everybody knows I’m crazy.  Oh well. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jptiger said:

Gotta laugh to keep from crying.  It’s been so long I’ve almost forgotten what it feels like to be relevant. Can’t enjoy watching any football these days. Maybe a little NFL but even then every damn team has a former Turd standout killing it on the field. I’m in the nexus of hell. Can no longer see the light at the end of the tunnel.  We have no one that understands winning it seems. Dudes don’t draw a line in the sand anymore and by God get it done. I don’t think it’s in em.  We are past the point by a pretty good clip of  most remembering games in the past where we had no blanking chance and kicked the other guys in the freaking teeth and made em like it.  Bunch with Dye, several with Tubbs. It’s been so long. That used to be our thing. Winning in spite of the preseason polls, predictions.  With 2 and 3 stars and freaking walk on’s.  

I mentioned in another thread that this team reminds me of the Tennessee team a few years back.  They had forgotten how to win!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

Message to self - never post anything positive after a loss. They don’t forget.

image.gif.df94909ba1a59c4846f906e058f9af09.gif

Just want to hear his point of view. Probably taps in later

1 minute ago, Muscle Shoals Tiger said:

I cant stand any more of this. Never dreaded to see an Auburn game before. He stayed all in on Thorne and I believe it is now his downfall. Team doesnt rally around Thorne. Freeze will be a rich man in another year.

Thorne is awful but it’s on Hugh for trying to get an offense to work that he can’t execute. He can’t create a system his players can execute. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

Message to self - never post anything positive after a loss. They don’t forget.

image.gif.df94909ba1a59c4846f906e058f9af09.gif

Naw thats not it there were just a couple that just went on and on about Freeze is doing fine and its not the coach, blah blah blah...they are no where to be seen here. Again this is all on Freeze he stayed put with the QB stable and is paying the pruce for that decision, he literally has no options at this point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUINSY said:

Hope Deuce commits to some other program. Hate to see young men get sold promises at Auburn just to ruin their careers and futures. 

6 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Oof Carson Becknos channeling PT....ouch

Looks like Thorne😂

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

I highly doubt we win an SEC game. I say 3 wins unless we play someone who turns the ball over like we do then we might have chance.. this team has to get over the mountain and find a way to win instead of finding ways to lose. Freeze needs to stop making excuses and find a qb who can lead this team. 

• Like 2