Vs OU Post Game Thread

43 minutes ago, DAG said:

No more good ole boy hires...that is the start.  It is probably going to take someone young, unheard of, with fresh ideas to change this. No more retreads either.

Realistically when the time comes, I suggest T-Rob.

Edited by AUwent

Not even October and we’re out of everything. Ausome.  

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Didn’t KJ make like $6M? 

What could he have made with two good legs? We had Stidham as a QB, for goodness sake.

Not even October and we’re out of everything. Ausome.  

• Like 1

I love Auburn, and I'll never stop watching, but I've learned to approach AU football as "entertainment only".  I never expect us to win anymore, against anybody.  It makes me sick to say that, but it's my coping mechanism.  4th-and-31 did that to me, and there haven't been any real highlights since then.

So many winnable games just given away.  It's been 8 years and 3 coaches ago since we had a good team.

So I just try to find the positives about today:

• Cam.
  • The receiver that transferred from Penn State.
  • The D is getting better.  Durkin is a good coach.
  • The run game is getting better.
  • We only had one turnover.

Well, time to get back to "Breaking Bad".  I'm binge-watching it again.  It helps get my mind off our terrible season.

Edited by WillMunny
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Anyone that thinks Freeze is getting fired any time remotely soon isn't living in reality.  It ain't happening.

No one thinks that. Doesn't negate how terrible we look. Not suggesting that you believe that, but still, him being fired no time soon does nothing for the legitimate concerns about the state of our program regardless of recruiting prowess. 

2 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

wtf is wrong with Georgia!?? Man they going to take it out on our arses 😆 

I was thinking they may not be as good this year, Kentucky played them close...

1 hour ago, sevenlee36 said:

We are finesse losers. The way we have found ways to lose these games over the last two years is mind blowing. I’ve never seen anything like it. This s*** is deep, we have a CULTURE problem bad.

Props to the defense they played well enough!

Dude we been losing far more than 2 years. WTH are you talking about. 

19 minutes ago, Sauce Dab said:

There should be no more Freeze excuses. No more blaming Gus and Harsin, no more saying “well wait until he gets more of his guys in” 

Freeze is what he is at this point. A mediocre head coach who might have a decent season once every 5 years.

He’s just not that good of a coach and continues to fail when the going gets tough in games 

Mediocre is generous 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Looks like they are running in quick sand.Bama is running circles anround them. Actually u really don’t know who the stars are for UGA like in the past. 

8 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Did we watch the same game last week? HB was moving the ball very well. Also, we have to stop the oline and WR excuses. If you don’t believe me I challenge you to go watch the film on both QBs and count the time from snap to release. HB is about 1 second if not more quicker on his decision making and that going through his progressions not starring down the first read. 

Ok….But what was the result? 
70 yards, 0 points and 3 INTs. 

Hank probably is better at passing than Thorne, but his playing doesn’t result in any better outcomes than what Thorne can give us with his legs in play and his ability to occasionally put the ball where it needs to be. 

But like I said, neither Thorne nor Brown are winning us football games, and hopefully next year we’ll have some other options at the position. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

Kentucky exposed UGA. Bama is skull dragging them. Uga is mid and unfortunately for us we lose to mid teams. Not looking forward to next week. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

They’re looking ahead

• Haha 2

I don’t blame Freeze for this loss. Players gotta make plays. Kickers gotta make kicks. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Saban been giving uat scouting reports and game plans via espn.

he now has access to all that stuff.

Edited by TigerOne

4 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

They aren't very good this year. Living in past reputation.

1 minute ago, WillMunny said:

I love Auburn, and I'll never stop watching, but I've learned to approach AU football as "entertainment only".  I never expect us to win anymore, against anybody.  It makes me sick to say that, but it's my coping mechanism.  4th-and-31 did that to me, and there haven't been any real highlights since then.

So many winnable games just given away.  It's been 8 years and 3 coaches ago since we had a good team.

So I just try to find the positives about today:

• Cam.
  • The receiver that transferred from Penn State.
  • The D is getting better.  Durkin is a good coach.
  • The run game is getting better.
  • We only had one turnover.

Well, time to get back to "Breaking Bad". I'm binge-watching it again.  It helps me get my mind off of our terrible season.

Yup that is how I started approaching the final Harsin year and now Freeze. Just better to just be an underdog for every game, I will always qatch and cheer for them but I am not going to get wound up about it...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AUApostle said:

I need to head to Jordan Hare with my anointing oil, cast out those demons and break that witchcraft.

Please lay hands on the program. Also take up a love offering for Hugh’s buyout .

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, fishepa said:

I don’t blame Freeze for this loss. Players gotta make plays. Kickers gotta make kicks. 

Exactly none of this is Freezes fault /s