*Official Auburn vs. Oklahoma Game Thread*

abw0004

Just now, AUApostle said:

All these Freshmen…Mcgough, Cam, Simmons.  Great one minute…bonehead the next.

The good news is they will get better as season progresses.

I would have like PT to show a little more leadership there with Coleman. Catch him walking off the field and explain it to him. Just my two cents. He’s not an upper classmen

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Cam Coleman is f’ing up.

Yeah.

People have long misunderstood the star rating system.  They think a 5 star means that a player is supposed to have higher potential than a 4 or 3 star player.  What it has always historically meant, however, is that the player is expected to be able to be a significant contributor sooner in his career.  As a freshman or sophomore instead of a junior or senior.  That can also translate to higher potential, and maybe it often does, but it was never the primary criteria for the rating.

As such, Coleman is not living up to his star rating.

Edited by Shoney'sPonyBoy

Durkin is the most innopportunistic de-co in the biz.  Rush everyone past the QB on 3rd down and long with zero 2nd level tacklers.

• Haha 1

Just now, WillMunny said:

Should we give DJ Durkin some credit for an improving D?

He has to lock down the second half 

Just now, e808 said:

I would have like PT to show a little more leadership there with Coleman. Catch him walking off the field and explain it to him. Just my two cents. He’s not an upper classmen

I think he did when they got to the sidelines. He probably had a little adrenaline pumping when they were on the field. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

He went over after the play and talked with everyone . His problem is he never looks for running back short

Edited by Tigger1985
  • Like 1

Just now, AUApostle said:

Let’s get a turnover…OU Freshman QB needs to do Freshman things

Not enough pressure. I think they are worried about losing contain onQB and giving up a big run 

2 minutes ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

Yeah.

People have long misunderstood the star rating system.  They think a 5 star means that a player is supposed to have higher potential than a 4 or 3 star player.  What it has always historically meant, however, is that the player is expected to be able to be a significant contributor sooner in his career.  As a freshman or sophomore instead of a junior or senior.  That can also translate to higher potential, and maybe it often does, but it was never the primary criteria for the rating.

As such, Coleman is not living up to his star rating.

I think it’s a mixed bag. Just for context I have seen RW basically running go routes and burn people.  It seems he doesn’t have the pressure that Cam has on him