*Official Auburn vs. Oklahoma Game Thread*

abw0004

Man I hope that 27 yd miss doesn't come back to haunt us. I do like what I see from the team, and actually Thorne is playing pretty darn good.

• Like 2

Had to miss some of the first half but it sounds like we are moving the ball much better than I expected. Good stuff! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

Oh you’re right. We’ve been so incredibly coached this season. Give him an extension?

Wouldn’t doubt it for one minute. It’s what AU does better than any program in the country. 🤮

Just now, cbo said:

Had to miss some of the first half but it sounds like we are moving the ball much better than I expected. Good stuff! 

We have moved the ball all year, but something is lacking in the red zone and has been for years. To me, that starts with play calling. At best, if lucky, this is once again, another 6 win team. At some point, coaching has to come into play. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

You can’t . Lifestyle changes is the best way. 

I feel so bad for him. Dude was definitely in line to be better than Anders and maybe even Daniel Carlson. Hopefully he figured something out and can play in some capacity

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

Doing a good job, just deeply afraid missing out on six easy points will haunt us.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cbo said:

If CHF will just quit being cute and call “normal” plays all way to goal line, we would be OK.

• Like 3

AU has to get this game to the finish line. They must win this game to get out of this s*** hole. most important game of Hugh’s career. He has to beat a quality opponent 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, au701948 said:

Did anyone else notice injury/blood on Thorne’s throwing hand?

Wife did. She doesn't have a clue what's going on in the game, but will spot someone in the 8th row with a hangnail. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Doing a good job, just deeply afraid missing out on six easy points will haunt us.

Yep we always find a way to lose that’s our new mentality. Got to change that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Frustrating.  But with home field and 7pts, we should be able to close regardless.

• Like 1

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

AU has to get this game to the finish line. They must win this game to get out of this s*** hole. most important game of Hugh’s career. He has to beat a quality opponent 

I don't disagree with most of that but not sure OU is quality right now, they have an awful lot injuries but we need to actually win some games...this is a winnable game but will see how it shakes out. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aubi1961 said:

Man I hope that 27 yd miss doesn't come back to haunt us. I do like what I see from the team, and actually Thorne is playing pretty darn good.

Angle was pretty bad. It’s the second drive for me. Three regular plays and more than likely u score

Edited by e808

1 minute ago, bishoptf said:

I don't disagree with most of that but not sure OU is quality right now, they have an awful lot injuries but we need to actually win some games...this is a winnable game but will see how it shakes out. 

Good post , maybe I just want a win over a non- FCS team lol 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

It usually does. 

Has there been any mention of Oklahoma putting their other QB in? 

Team has to feel good about not letting this get away from us. Yeah, they must work hard for two more quarters so we don't drop it. But, TOP and ability to run gotta give them enough confidence to keep the energy. Finish!

5 minutes ago, au701948 said:

If CHF will just quit being cute and call “normal” plays all way to goal line, we would be OK.

I did see that early goal line stop. Wildcat BS was painful to watch