2025 Transfer Portal Thread

TAYLORKEETON

3 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Do we go after the UNLV QB?

Cooper Petagna, on 247's new "105" podcast , presented a list of the top potential transfer QB's expected to be in the portal this week and listed AU at the top of the list of teams scouting them. It seems like the options may not be as top heavy as last year and a little more raw/less developed.

The UNLV QB was on the list and they say his film is way better the 43% completion rate would indicate FWIW @ellitor.

They also do a GA vs. Bama and AU vs. OK preview.

https://247sports.com/podcast/the-105-with-andrew-ivins-cooper-petagna--49/

* My money is on Kaidon Salter of Liberty being AU's 1 year stopgap QB transfer if he has 1 more year left and can be a grad transfer. I believe he was a former Tennessee Blue chip recruit that transferred to play with Freeze @  Liberty.

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HAPvsOA said:

The UNLV QB was on the list and they say his film is way better the 43% completion rate would indicate FWIW @ellitor.

Well I will say I'm in love with his 6 TD/1 INT ratio.

• Haha 2

I found this interesting:

These QB’s are not necessarily available, but does show the dollar amount we might be looking to spend.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

If we thought spending was already out of control for football and coaches, I can’t imagine what the market is going to look like in another couple of years for players…

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Do we go after the UNLV QB?

That would be ridiculous. So probably!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, AUINSY said:

If we thought spending was already out of control for football and coaches, I can’t imagine what the market is going to look like in another couple of years for players…

@AUINSY by then they’ll probably be something like a celery cap so anything over that will be like it was before, under the table, so we probably won’t know the real numbers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AUINSY by then they’ll probably be something like a celery cap so anything over that will be like it was before, under the table, so we probably won’t know the real numbers.

Right. It was only ~20 or so years ago that most head coaches were making as much as these QB players are now 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

I wonder how long you can wear one of those things before it starts to stink?

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

14 hours ago, cbo said:

That would be ridiculous. So probably!

He only wants 100k so bargain shopping lol. 

• Haha 1