2025 3* WR Sam Turner Flips From GT To AU!

ellitor

Any before anyone asks I don't think his recruitment is related to Caleb Cunningham. We have been after Sam for a good long while.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Hmm

Barn excluded. None from AU recruiting sites who make a living from covering recruiting.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Barn excluded. None from AU recruiting sites who make a living from covering recruiting.

Barn saying soon. Was 7:15 but nothing happened.

• ellitor changed the title to 2025 3* WR Sam Turner Flips From GT To AU!
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic

I don't know anything about his playstyle and haven't watched a sec of his tape, but if he is a sure hands guy, that's probably the one trait we don't really have enough of in the locker room going forward. I think Coleman's main issue is just being mentally locked in, but to date, that hasn't been the sure handed guy. 

Having our version of a Wes Welker, Julian Edelman dude that the ball hits his hands and he doesn't drop the ball (unless you throw him a hospital ball over the middle, as those guys had a few of) would be really nice for replacing KLS.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2024 at 10:20 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don't know anything about his playstyle and haven't watched a sec of his tape, but if he is a sure hands guy, that's probably the one trait we don't really have enough of in the locker room going forward. I think Coleman's main issue is just being mentally locked in, but to date, that hasn't been the sure handed guy. 

Having our version of a Wes Welker, Julian Edelman dude that the ball hits his hands and he doesn't drop the ball (unless you throw him a hospital ball over the middle, as those guys had a few of) would be really nice for replacing KLS.

It looks like he will be a guy who can develop quickly in college, stay around, and not cost as much. (His speed is average.) Reminds me of a Tommy Tuberville receiver like Rod Smith. This is an example of us mixing and matching the talent and budget in order to build a complete roster. We have already paid the big bucks for elite receivers. 

He has a set of mits on him...so yea he should be able to catch well. Possession receiver?