Freeze's Weekly Presser - Week 5 (Auburn vs Oklahoma)

RunInRed

1 hour ago, shabby said:

What would any football team stats look like if you took out the cupcake

Exactly.  That's why the sample size isn't big enuf yet to beat our chest about YPC or any other offensive stat.

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, RunInRed said:

* Freeze: "There's no better staff I'd rather be with in the fire — or players."

He's taking them all to Hell with him?

I'm kiiiiiiidingggg.

Edited by AUx
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, HAPvsOA said:

Sure, but just saw that FSU beat Cal.......that's a new low when the team that's supposedly falling apart most nationally beats the team that whipped us at home. 

They sang the destruction of Clemson too after their loss. I’m betting FSU and Clemson still wind up at the top of ACC along with Miami.

16 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Exactly.  That's why the sample size isn't big enuf yet to beat our chest about YPC or any other offensive stat.

Not chest beating, just a positive note.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

glad Scott is staying at nickel, but still waiting on that new punt returner!  that is as long as its not 3rd and LONG

Malcolm Simmons can do anything on a football field, I dont understand why hes not given a shot in this role. Especially with our shaky play there.

On 9/23/2024 at 8:42 PM, Swamp Eagle said:

😳image.thumb.jpeg.d193ba522dab671e95ef2b61bb36d329.jpeg

The last 25 teams we've played from a Power 4 conference, we are 6-19. Those 6 wins were against a Vanderbilt team that lost their final 10 games in a row last year, a 4-8 Arkansas team last year, a Mississippi State team that finished 5-7 last year, a Texas A&M team that finished 5-7 in 2022, a Missouri team that finished 6-7 in 2022 and Ole Miss that was 10-3 in 2021. 

I know Gus had to be fired but his last 4 seasons he coached here, we finished 1st in the west in 2017, 5th in the west in 2018, 3rd in the west in 2019 and 3rd in the west in 2020 and then he was fired. That's out of 7 teams in the SEC West. Since he left we finished 6th in the west in 2021, 6th in the west in 2022 and 5th in the west last year. In both 2021 and 2022 we were tied for the worst conference record in the SEC West but beat LSU head to head in 2021 and Texas A&M head to head in 2022 to keep us out of last place both years. Now there is no more east or west divisions and to make it to the SECCG, you must finish top 2 out of the 16 team conference. So it's back to how it was pre 1992. 

Our fanbase has used the excuse since 1993 of playing in the SEC West as to why we are usually mid tier in the west. We always say if we played in the SEC East, we would win just as much as Georgia has or how Florida and Tennessee won alot in the 1990's and 2000's. Well, there aren't any divisions anymore and we don't play LSU every year anymore so we should be in that top tier of the conference shortly. We got lucky this year by not having to play Ole Miss, LSU, Texas or Tennessee. And our first 5 games have been at home against teams that are really going to turn out average by years end. Oklahoma also has their worst offense in 30 years now. If we start 2-3, that's going to look very bad.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

... We got lucky this year by not having to play Ole Miss, LSU, Texas or Tennessee. And our first 5 games have been at home against teams that are really going to turn out average by years end. Oklahoma also has their worst offense in 30 years now. If we start 2-3, that's going to look very bad.

Lol!  I was dreading the Ole Miss game this year.  Shows how disconnected I am getting as the years go by.  

• Haha 2

On 9/23/2024 at 8:42 PM, Swamp Eagle said:

😳image.thumb.jpeg.d193ba522dab671e95ef2b61bb36d329.jpeg

swampy i believe you are hiding from me.....................

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

swampy i believe you are hiding from me.....................

Been rat cheer the whole time...how ya perkin?

16 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Lol!  I was dreading the Ole Miss game this year.  Shows how disconnected I am getting as the years go by.  

I'm getting that way when I see this same stuff happening year after year after year. No matter the coach, or players, or staff, or AD. Auburn football has really been serving up s*** pies for several years now with very few blips of good times mixed in. Basketball season can't get here fast enough.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Been rat cheer the whole time...how ya perkin?

i had to hit the docs early and when they finally call my stuff in i will hit a gummy when i get back. i am almost like a depressed drunk with auburn right now.......grins

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Lane took a shot at CHF during his presser…I think dude would’ve tried to run the score up on us if he had another chance lol 

• Like 3

On 9/23/2024 at 12:36 PM, RunInRed said:

* Freeze reiterates "Payton (Thorne) played really solidly." 

Freeze usually tips his hand - you just have to know what to look for … no surprise to me he’s starting Thorne.