Much deeper than we think

AUght2win

It IS absolutely the NIL, unlimited transfer portal access culture. Players don't have to have any discipline when they know that they can go somewhere else at the drop of a hat. If you try to discipline them the way Saban used to, they'll bail on you. It's now a job, not a passion. They're more worried about their stats instead of doing their job. If you have 22 individuals on the field instead of one team, there will be someone who won't be doing his job and giving 100% on every play. That's why Saban left the job. He still has years left as a coach, but he saw what was coming and didn't need the aggravation.

28 minutes ago, FormerlySec38Row34 said:

It IS absolutely the NIL, unlimited transfer portal access culture. Players don't have to have any discipline when they know that they can go somewhere else at the drop of a hat. If you try to discipline them the way Saban used to, they'll bail on you. It's now a job, not a passion. They're more worried about their stats instead of doing their job. If you have 22 individuals on the field instead of one team, there will be someone who won't be doing his job and giving 100% on every play. That's why Saban left the job. He still has years left as a coach, but he saw what was coming and didn't need the aggravation.

Nah. Missouri won today. Didn’t affect them. It’s still a sport. And our coach has messed up their mentality.

9 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Nah. Missouri won today. Didn’t affect them. It’s still a sport. And our coach has messed up their mentality.

Had our offense and defense not let up, they would not have won the game.

On 9/21/2024 at 6:34 PM, AUght2win said:

This program has a fundamental problem that has nothing to do with anything tangible. Recruiting won’t fix it. It’s something much deeper. In the bones of our players. Our culture and character as a team is broken. Hugh has stunned me by not making any progress on this front, and perhaps we’re even in a worse spot culturally as a program than when he started.

Selfishness. Laziness. Timidity. Incompetence. Buckling. All spokes on the losing wheel. The hub, though, is a program who isn’t orienting its players toward team goals or teaching them their prime directive is to WIN as a TEAM. These guys simply don’t play with that focus.

You see it. I see it. I’ll post some examples from this game if I have time. I counted a half dozen things from that game that were truly disgusting to watch, and not normal from even the worst Auburn teams. 

There are lots of other problems, sure. The offensive system must be simplified. Durkin needs to give defensive play-calling to Kelly on third downs. There are talent deficiencies.

But would you agree with me that if we played that Arkansas team 10 times, we’d find a way to lose all 10 games? Same with Cal. Two teams that are tangibly inferior to us, at home. That’s where our program is right now. Broken.

We’re not “a couple plays” or “a few blown calls” away. We aren’t close. Due to our cultural and mental breakdown, we are about to go 3-9 with 8 win talent.

Fix it Hugh. The culture is 100% your responsibility. Burn it down and start fresh. There’s no excuse for it to be this bad. Never seen an Auburn team so completely without the intangibles to win like this current one. 

I would like to see a full Auburn Staff. From the AD on Down. Not some other school's people. Head Coach, Staff, Etc. A member retires and is replaced by another Grad.  Different ex-players can come in for seminars, camps etc. self sustaining.