Post Vs Arkansas Thread

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yes. HE TOOK OVER A 6 WIN PROGRAM AND IS STARING DOWN THE BARREL OF 4 WINS TWO YEARS IN.

It’s regressing in every single way other than recruiting. And you better damn believe that’s coming too. Nobody wants to waste their college career losing to f**king Arky and Cal when they can compete for championships.

Here's one example. Of the "Freeze 5," or whatever you want to call the 5 true freshman receivers, who is happiest with his decision? The four we landed or Ryan Williams at Alabama?

For those who don't know, RW is a 17 year old star at Alabama. 

Soon enough, Freeze will be easy to recruit against. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

At qb, yes. 

And that’s only because of the turnovers. He made some boneheaded plays as well

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I’m just gobsmacked at “recruiting doesn’t win games” lol.

Bama and UGA aren’t reeling off championships off of grit and gumption, you loons. It’s because they out-talent everyone else lol. 

Texas A&M entered the chat.

• Like 1

Just now, AUDub said:

Did you see Saban’s 07 and 08 recruiting classes. 

Saban can coach...the years before him they had good classes and the coaches couldnt get it done...

I'm done, CHF has never won anything and your just hoping that once he vets the best players he is going to magically know how to coach...guess we are going to find out. Ive seen enough to know he is not the answer...he can't coach.

Just now, WDEagle said:

Texas A&M entered the chat.

We’ve entered a twilight zone of sorts where people done attribute Bama’s run to out-talenting their competitors.  

1 hour ago, Golden Eagle said:

TWill seems to have a lot of animosity towards Auburn???  I don't remember what happened to him (i.e., why he left Auburn)...did Harsin fire him when he took over or did he leave on his own?

Not sure about animosity. Gus took a chance on him at Auburn then  made him a DC at UCF

Just now, bishoptf said:

Exactly...lmao

To a degree it is coaching but you have to have the talent. 

• Haha 1

There are disappointing losses and then there are alarmingly regressing losses. This is the latter. Worst Auburn loss IMO for program status since Gus's staff and Stidham folded vs LSU.

Just now, aucanucktiger said:

There are disappointing losses and then there are alarmingly regressing losses. This is the latter. Worst Auburn loss IMO for program status since Gus's staff and Stidham folded vs LSU.

Getting assblasted at home against New Mexico State will forever be our worst loss in program history. 

• Thanks 1

I mean everyone remembers when Bama lost to LaMo, right? 

7 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Bama sucked for years before Saban, UGA the same and always had top recruiting...receuiting and coaching is not the same.

Define “ sucked”. 

Watching other teams not stink is hard. I'm currently watching that team who has that guy that makes everyone here say "I'm glad we didn't hire him". Sure would be nice to have a QB and two way player right about now. 😵‍💫😂

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Auburn fans kill me..."No, no it is Harsin's fault." 

It is. But also Gus’. And also Hugh’s. This didn’t happen overnight. 

4 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Saban can coach...the years before him they had good classes and the coaches couldnt get it done...

I'm done, CHF has never won anything and your just hoping that once he vets the best players he is going to magically know how to coach...guess we are going to find out. Ive seen enough to know he is not the answer...he can't coach.

I think he is arguing for the sake of it. We were fed up with Gus but he had a winning record against Hugh . Even beat him with those top recruiting classes OLE Miss had.

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

We’ve entered a twilight zone of sorts where people done attribute Bama’s run to out-talenting their competitors.  

Saban was an excellent coach. Kirby is too.

Coaching your team has as much to do with getting your players prepared to play each and every game as it does with gametime decisions. Saban was the master of the former. Freeze is the complete opposite. 

It's not just talent. The teams that win at the highest level recruit well AND coach well. 

Not only does logic dictate this but history proves it. 

• Like 1

Things were alarming to me last year when Hugh admitted he forego coaching responsibilities and hired a guy who runs a completely different offense than him. Then of course having to fire two head coordinators after one year. I am seeing a pattern.

8 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Yeah and he still bombed in 07 with a far more loaded cupboard. 

Just now, AUght2win said:

How many coaches over how many years did it take for UTk to finally start to get something rolling? 20?

Florida is also in a very similar situation as us. Their last 10-win season was in like 2019. 

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Lol. If you think that's all there was to it, then no wonder you're going to the mat for a single dimension of Freeze. i hate uat and uga as much as the next guy. But they operate as Fortune 100 businesses with extremely high standards. High accountability. Always trying to innovate in player development. They have done so much more than just 'out talent' their peers. Not sure Auburn will ever take the step to that level - other than funding the recruiting. Freeze started off recruiting well. Where are the other dimensions going to come from?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Gus has been gone 4 years. How can u blame him for something that never happened when he was coaching.

1 minute ago, cbo said:

Saban was an excellent coach. Kirby is too.

Coaching your team has as much to do with getting your players prepared to play each and every game as it does with gametime decisions. Saban was the master of the former. Freeze is the complete opposite. 

It's not just talent. The teams that win at the highest level recruit well AND coach well. 

Not only does logic dictate this but history proves it. 

Saban lost to LaMo early in his Bama tenure and Kirby lost to Vandy.

Neither of that teams had the roster deficits we had. 

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Gus destroyed Arkansas pretty much every year. He's been gone for 4 years. How can you possibly blame this performance on Gus at this point?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Even if we called for Freeze's head, who would we hire?  Rhett Lashley. 

But Freeze is staying probably thru next season.  Best bet is that he keeps recruiting well until a real coach can be found and we actually grow a brain and hire him. 

I’m not calling for his head yet I’m  just sick of us looking so unprepared game after game. Even when we do get more talent in how do we know he’s gone put these guys in position to win? 

If we went in another direction we’d probably have to take a gamble on a fresh name and not a retread