Post Vs Arkansas Thread

53 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I still think a lot of gaps from potato man have yet to have been filled. 

And Gus. We have simply not had recruiting of high quality OL talent for a long time. We have not had good evaluation of OL talent either. We have had so many 4* recruits that played like 2*s. Until we get OL play like we had in 2017 after we moved people around after the Clemson game fiasco, we will struggle against quality teams.

I guaran-damn-tee you we’d be 4-0 right now with a competent portal QB. No we wouldn’t be CFP caliber but I don’t see how you get the wheels turning without one.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I still think a lot of gaps from potato man have yet to have been filled. 

So "Potato Mans" guys last year, so we were told, was the problem last year.. smh. They beat Arky 48-10. Now, ya got your guy a house on

Lake Martin and welcomed him with open arms. Gus 2.0 ... We are close to rock bottom. 3 wins (or 4) will be rock bottom. the Mississippi Boys need to GOOOO. Orgeron is available. It would Bring some Fire back to the program . 

• Like 1

Just now, bishoptf said:

Yeah and what I keep hearing is we just need better players cuz CHF can only coach if he has the best players, lmao...

Last year we were told "WE JUST NEED BETTER RECEIVERS." 

But the QB play... "DOESN'T MATTER."

• Like 3

Just now, meh130 said:

And Gus. We have simply not had recruiting of high quality OL talent for a long time. We have not had good evaluation of OL talent either. We have had so many 4* recruits that played like 2*s. Until we get OL play like we had in 2017 after we moved people around after the Clemson game fiasco, we will struggle against quality teams.

Yeah cuz, Cal and Arky are quality teams..and Maryland, and NMSU...

11 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Sh*t man, my optimism is being used up on the 4th win (Vandy). I legit don’t see another team we can beat. Arky and Vandy were our SEC gimme games.

I'm trying not to always be the negative guy. Although I was always pretty optimistic about AU football before Harsin and Freeze. 

We could easily end with 3 wins. But usually bad teams have one game where they catch the breaks and get one they shouldn't. 

Here's a question. In what games will we be favored for the rest of the season? ULM, probably Vandy. I think that's it. We are down bad. 

• Like 1

Just now, EastTNTiger said:

So "Potato Mans" guys last year, so we were told, was the problem last year.. smh. They beat Arky 48-10. Now, ya got your guy a house on

Lake Martin and welcomed him with open arms. Gus 2.0 ... We are close to rock bottom. 3 wins (or 4) will be rock bottom. the Mississippi Boys need to GOOOO. Orgeron is available. It would Bring some Fire back to the program . 

Exactly, Harsin who was trying to get fired his last year beat Arkansas lol.

7 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I have evidence.

He's recruiting. 

There are many examples of coaches that recruit well but can't win. It's becoming clear Freeze is one of those. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AUDub said:

"It’s just hilarious that people are so down on Thorne that they’d prefer a R-Frosh they threw 3 easy first half picks to the opponent today. "   Why in the world did he have to say something about dominating Arkansas. Didn't help us!

Just now, cbo said:

There are many examples of coaches that recruit well but can't win. It's becoming clear Freeze is one of those. 

you can’t turn chicken s*** into chicken salad 1.3 years into a rebuild. 

1 minute ago, cbo said:

I'm trying not to always be the negative guy. Although I was always pretty optimistic about AU football before Harsin and Freeze. 

We could easily end with 3 wins. But usually bad teams have one game where they catch the breaks and get one they shouldn't. 

Here's a question. In what games will we be favored for the rest of the season? ULM, probably Vandy. I think that's it. We are down bad. 

Why would we be favored to beat Vandy?  They just lost in OT to Mizzou.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, AUDub said:

you can’t turn chicken s*** into chicken salad 1.3 years into a rebuild. 

I'm not expecting much. But Freeze has turned chicken s*** into ... worse chicken s***. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, meh130 said:

The oline isn’t turning the ball over. They have been serviceable. Is it their turn to get the blame . Last year it was the receivers. Gus would be 4-0 right now IJS

• Like 1

Just now, cbo said:

I'm not expecting much. But Freeze has turned chicken s*** into ... worse chicken s***. 

Leading and lagging indicators are thing. 

Just now, e808 said:

The oline isn’t turning the ball over. They have been serviceable. Is it their turn to get the blame . Last year it was the receivers. Gus would be 4-0 right now IJS

No they haven’t lol. They’re a sieve in pass pro. 

2 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Why would we be favored to beat Vandy?  They just lost in OT to Mizzou.  

Damn. You're probably right. 

5 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

I think we see now why UGA scheduled us for their homecoming.

Freeze will need at least 2 more years to field a competitive team.  If we fire him before then, the new coach will need 5 years.

I agree with this. We need to stick with Freeze. He is recruiting at high level. We have some real talent gaps on this team. We don't want to end up with a lost decade like Florida and Tennessee.

That said, something is failing in the coaching. Players are not prepared for game day against quality competition. Execution is poor in many aspects of the game. I personally think this is a combination of less contact in practice and the inability to shift from a low-contact, low-speed practice mindset to a high-contact, high-speed game mindset.

Game by game im losing faith in Freeze. I know we’re supposed to be patient and he’s getting more talent in but he’s not showing he can even do anything with more talent. 

We didn’t need 5 stars all over the field to beat Cal or Arkansas today. Each game we have more questions than answers. The RB’s are still fumbling and our QB’s are still throwing multiple INT’s a game. Freeze is an offensive coach and you can’t even tell at this point. 

In only a year and a half, Freeze has had some of the most embarrassing losses/performances in Auburn history. 

With coaching like this I don’t know how patient we can actually be (I’m not calling for his head yet)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BustemBigBlue said:

We got em right where we want em. 10-2 here we come. Thorne for Heisman. 

I think I have a better chance of winning both the Powerball and Mega Millions, back-to-back this year. 

But okay.

18 minutes ago, AUDub said:

No they haven’t lol. They’re a sieve in pass pro. 

No they aren’t a sieve with Thorne and his poor decision making.

Edited by e808

Just now, e808 said:

No they are a sieve with Thorne and his poor decision making.

They didn’t respect Hank enough to blitz him and he proved them right lol. 

53 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

We don’t have a quarterback, plain and simple. Hugh decided not to take one in the offseason, instead placing his bets on Thorne. We’re all seeing the result. He owns that decision.

Yes, but would a portal QB be any better? Look at DJ Uiagalelei at FSU. There is a reason a QB is in the portal—because they have not lived up to expectations and are not going to start where they are. The exception is a smaller school QB who has exceeded expectations and wants to play a higher level. Then there is the Bo Nix situation where he got his feelings hurt.

Just now, Sauce Dab said:

Game by game im losing faith in Freeze. I know we’re supposed to be patient and he’s getting more talent in but he’s not showing he can even do anything with more talent. 

We didn’t need 5 stars all over the field to beat Cal or Arkansas today. Each game we have more questions than answers. The RB’s are still fumbling and our QB’s are still throwing multiple INT’s a game. Freeze is an offensive coach and you can’t even tell at this point. 

In only a year and a half, Freeze has had some of the most embarrassing losses/performances in Auburn history. 

With coaching like this I don’t know how patient we can actually be (I’m not calling for his head yet)

Even if we called for Freeze's head, who would we hire?  Rhett Lashley. 

But Freeze is staying probably thru next season.  Best bet is that he keeps recruiting well until a real coach can be found and we actually grow a brain and hire him.