Post Vs Arkansas Thread

Just now, e808 said:

I agree to a point. It depends on what happens. If u start losing recruits , guys hit the portal and people stopping coming to the games that’s rough.  That’s a decision the powers that be will have to make. The mental toughness and preparation for games is very concerning 

At least he’s actually recruiting. 

2 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Well, it is going to be a longer rebuild than anticipated. Turnovers have cost us two games. We need talent is so many positions. We do not have a QB that is capable to even manage a game let alone win one. The Ollie actually looked decent. The defense still continues to give up 3rd and longs, guess that’s our curse. Other than that the defense improved a little. We are who the experts said we were bottom tier of the SEC. It is what it is. As long as we keep recruiting we will get to the promised land, I guess…

I agree with everything you said.   My only concern is the last sentence.  Not sure in this age of college football if that will ever happen again.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

It’s literally four games into year two. 

you and I have a very different definition of “time.”

Receivers don’t catch, runners fumble, QBs throw interceptions and can’t read a defense. Defense gets dominated by lesser teams, consistently. Can never get off the field on 3rd downs. The teams are just not ready to play many times. Look at the record, look at the losses. Look at the games we have managed to win.  It is just not acceptable. 

will it improve?  It might, but it will only get better if this staff gets it together and fast. Coach the players you have, then the good players that want to be here will take care of itself. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

For sure.

Hugh not bringing in a better option at QB didn’t help his rebuild any though. He would have at least kept the wolves at bay if he would have showed a little better decision making on that and tried to make this a quicker turnaround. As it looks now, he looks as stubborn as Gus did when he’s got his mind made up. 

My thought on that? Maybe Hugh thinks we’re weren’t ready to compete no matter who we stuck at QB this year, and is eating it. 

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Pavia is a good fit for Vandy. Only marginally a P5 QB though. 

And yet better than our current options. 

Freeze will get three years minimum, but this blaming past coaches need to stop. Auburn top to bottom is more talented than both Arkansas (whose coach is on his last leg) and Cal. Next year, the team will be very young so I don't expect an uptick on wins.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

Auburn fans kill me..."No, no it is Harsin's fault." 

Don't forget about Gus! You know, the guy who destroyed Arkansas every year. Some are still blaming him. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Never2Yield said:

And yet better than our current options. 

This will earn me a lot of downvotes. Sigh.

Thorne is a better QB than Pavia. 

• Haha 2

Just now, AUDub said:

If he doesn't start showing some results on the field recruits will bail.  Top players want to win.  Auburn has to demonstrate that they can win the games they ought to win.  We are NOT doing that this year.

1 minute ago, tbone4jc said:

Interceptions are uncatchable. Hank is not ready. PT’s int should have been caught by Cam. We do not have a “good” QB on the current roster. 

Those interceptions were bad reads. Uncatchable is that under throw PT had when if he hit the receiver in stride it’s a score 

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

I agree with everything you said.   My only concern is the last sentence.  Not sure in this age of college football if that will ever happen again.   

I’m convinced it won’t. Said it in the other thread. The Texas teams and Oklahoma did Auburn in as far as SEC pecking order. And Ole Miss and Missouri having better coaches kills us even more. We likely won’t ever see the 2004/2010 Auburn again. 

13 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

No no, Gus’s recruiting from 4 years ago lost this game lol. 

Just saw this. You beat me to it!

• Haha 1

Just now, e808 said:

Those interceptions were bad reads. Uncatchable is that under throw PT had when if he hit the receiver in stride it’s a score 

Man the lengths some will go to to defend a QB that threw 3 bad first half INTs lol. 

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

For now. But how long does that last?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

This will earn me a lot of downvotes. Sigh.

Thorne is a better QB than Pavia. 

The actual stats prove you wrong 

Not long. We are going to get Napier’d this year.

Freeze has always been a relentless recruiter so I’m not worried about that.

But he’s still patching the paint. Still filling gaps. 

• Facepalm 1

Just now, GreenTiger said:

The actual stats prove you wrong 

Cool. And I assume you thought Hank was a P5 level starter based upon blitzing UNM too. 

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am watching Vandy drive down the field on Mizzou, but we are losing to Arkansas at home because it is a "rebuild."

Wanna know why. Vandy went out and got a QB

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Well, that sucked!

I couldn’t be more disappointed with the product we’re seeing on the field.

This team is not a well coached team.  At some point I would end up scrapping the season and start building for the future by giving the younger guys some good reps.

Finally, the official that missed the hold and body slam tackle on Arky’s offense should be immediately fired!

Maybe go with Walker at QB

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Wanna know why. Vandy went out and got a QB

Plus Mizzou’s defense is marginal. 

Just now, AUDub said:

Freeze has always been a relentless recruiter so I’m not worried about that.

But he’s still patching the paint. Still filling gaps. 

Good grief. How much patching she he have to do to beat Arky, Cal and NMST?

We should be beating these types of teams. Us not beating them isn’t a talent thing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, naildawg said:

Maybe go with Walker at QB

No. We’d more than likely ruin him. 

• Like 2

Just now, AUDub said:

Cool. And I assume you thought Hank was a P5 level starter based upon blitzing UNM too. 

We dont have to assume any of these things. We can look at data 😀 Cool?