Post Vs Arkansas Thread

8 hours ago, AUDub said:

I still think the gravity of the shitshow Freeze inherited is lost on a lot of people here.

He’s still building. That will take time. 

What is he building, though? The entire team looks sloppy. From the WRs that are having focus drops, to the RBs that are fumbling like mad because they're doing too much, to the defensive players that commit crazy ass penalties because they lack discipline. What exactly is he building? 

Yeah, he's recruiting exceptionally, but when players like your prized commit account for two picks across two separate games because they dropped well-thrown passes that turn into picks, what exactly are you doing? 

Even with a team that played as poorly as AU did today, a competent staff would have put the ball into the running backs' hands more, and given the quarterbacks simple passes (bubble screens, curls, etc.) 

Edited by HabitualChiller

One thing I’m feeling good about is that Hugh freeze isn’t a very good football coach. Maybe he can recruit a ton of talent and suck as a coach and win.

2 minutes ago, HabitualChiller said:

What is he building, though? The entire team looks sloppy. From the WRs that are having focus drops, to the RBs that are fumbling like mad because they're doing too much, to the defensive players that commit crazy ass penalties because they lack discipline, what exactly is he building? 

Yeah, he's recruiting exceptionally, but when players like your prized commit account for two picks across two separate games because they dropped well-thrown passes that turn into picks, what exactly are you doing? 

Even with a team that played as poorly as AU did today, a competent staff would have put the ball into the running backs' hands more, and given the quarterbacks simple passes (bubble screens, curls, etc.) 

No easy answers here. It’s a mess.

I think the mostly obvious and identifiable error today was selling people on the idea of a QB change. I think that practically, explicitly lost this game for us.

That’s a coaching failure. A bad one. 

Another embarrassing loss with no moral victories. It’s bad when we getting the Ls in the moral victory column to. We are a team that shown no improvement since Hugh has been here.