Post Vs Arkansas Thread

4 hours ago, AURealist said:

Even if we called for Freeze's head, who would we hire?  Rhett Lashley. 

But Freeze is staying probably thru next season.  Best bet is that he keeps recruiting well until a real coach can be found and we actually grow a brain and hire him. 

Ed Orgeron, and bring back the Auburn player/coaches.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

You're something else, but seriously, have a good night

Think I’ll take two chickens. 

• Facepalm 1

Not looking promising in year 2 of Freeze. Most disappointed in offense and the play calling. The Alabama game was better considering how limited we were. We've gone downhill. Last year we buried Arkansas and we looked terrible this year at home. Just not seeing anything on the field against subpar competition 

Not interested in olive branches tonight,

Mav. You keep talking, I’m going to eat every chicken in this room lol. 

30 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

When you win over your fans and show u love the school u coach at, u get a lot more leeway, in basketball Bruce def got more leeway bc of how bad we had been. He also acquired talent early in those years and developed. There was also a sense of, man I feel we are getting better even tho the record might not show it. I feel the exact opposite watching a freeze coached AU team. Freeze has never acted remotely that way, it's almost like he's just "here" and it rubs me the wrong way. When u pair absolutely sucking and not getting better into that, it's just abysmal to watch and personally idk how much longer I can do it. AU football has been so depressing over the past 7-8 years, it's sad.

Not arguing with any of that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

Sorry I missed the game. At least tell me we came away with a moral victory?!

The moral victory is u didn’t watch or ur BP would be up like most of us

Even though Auburn won the A&M game they had turnovers toward the end. That has carried over into every single game so far

4 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Sorry I missed the game. At least tell me we came away with a moral victory?!

Don’t start Liberty level backups in P5 games. That’s the takeaway.   

Edited by AUDub

26 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

tmp.gif

While you are 100% correct about that I would point out two things:

1.  Even back then Spurrier was defying conventional wisdom by benching QBs like he did when they failed to perform.  You have correctly identified an exception, but he WAS an exception.

2.  The average player today seems to have a fraction of the sand in their craw that players back then did, and players today can up and transfer on the slightest whim.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

No I hadn’t, just turned on the game

No moral victories.

QB2 stunk it up in the first half and threw three picks.  Plus we fumbled into the end zone for another letdown right before the end of the half.

Played Thorne the second half and he did o.k. (but just o.k.). 

Defense looked bad at times and not bad at times, but got worn out by the 4th quarter.

We had many chances and seemed to step on our Johnsons almost every time.  For example, we had Arkansas 3rd and 19, we had been disrupting their QB's ability to throw by blitzing and rushing 4-5, so on 3rd and 19 we rushed three and dropped everyone else back 25 yards off the ball and of course he threw a TD into the end zone just like uat did last year in the Iron Bowl in the exact same situation.

We don't look well coached or well motivated.  We make questionable play calls (on both offense and defense).

We lost to a team that I believe we have more talent than.  And looked like we really didn't care all that much while we did it.

It’s asinine to call for CHF to be fired and anyone doing so don’t know jack dodo about rebuilding. I did not want CHF to ever be HBC at Auburn but he is . People saying we have better talent then so and so and in some positions it’s true but the talent level was and is thin in almost every position. Y’all need to chill with this fired the coaches ignorance 

10 minutes ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

While you are 100% correct about that I would point out two things:

1.  Even back then Spurrier was defying conventional wisdom by benching QBs like he did when they failed to perform.  You have correctly identified an exception, but he WAS an exception.

2.  The average player today seems to have a fraction of the sand in their craw that players back then did, and players today can up and transfer on the slightest whim.

I don’t disagree with you, I was just trying to inject a little humor into the thread. 😂

8 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

It’s asinine to call for CHF to be fired and anyone doing so don’t know jack dodo about rebuilding. I did not want CHF to ever be HBC at Auburn but he is . People saying we have better talent then so and so and in some positions it’s true but the talent level was and is thin in almost every position. Y’all need to chill with this fired the coaches ignorance 

I def don't think most want him fired, yet at least. I think most want to feel at least some semblance of improvement. Which hasn't been felt yet, and when it feels like you're just wallowing around, there's gonna be some disdain. There's only 3 1/2ish months a year to enjoy actual college football. People aren't getting any younger lol

Edited by Maverick.AU

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I def don't think most want him fired, yet at least. I think most want to feel at least some semblance of improvement. Which hasn't been felt yet, and when it feels like you're just wallowing around, there's gonna be some disdain. There's only 3 1/2ish months a year to enjoy actual college football. People aren't getting any younger lol

You’re definitely one of the younger posters here lol. 

Just now, AUDub said:

You’re definitely one of the younger posters here lol. 

Is there a reason u keep quoting me?

7 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

It’s not about firing the coach . Do u not see the lack of competence on the field. Auburn isn’t thin at every position. These guys aren’t being coached up. There is no leadership, discipline or excitement with this team. U basically turn the entire staff over and the team looks worse. The running backs are fumbling the ball-left and right

Watching the first half, man Alston and Hunter sure have done a poor job of holding onto the ball this year.

Edited by sevenlee36

18 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Is there a reason u keep quoting me?

I thought you were done lol. 

Just now, AUDub said:

I thought you were done lol. 

U have major problems lol. I hope u have a degree in gaslighting. 

secondly, when u go through chemo at 26 and almost have a stroke in your 30s maybe u can talk about people getting younger, but I digress. It's obvious you're combative tonight. 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

U have major problems lol. I hope u have a degree in gaslighting. 

secondly, when u go through chemo at 26 and almost have a stroke in your 30s maybe u can talk about people getting younger, but I digress. It's obvious you're combative tonight. 

You talk a lot. Think I’ll take two chickens. 

• Dislike 1

Just now, AUDub said:

You talk a lot. Think I’ll take two chickens. 

You're the first person ever, but you're going on the block list. Have a good night 

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

You're the first person ever, but you're going on the block list. Have a good night 

I set a record tonight.