Post Vs Arkansas Thread

Just now, AUDub said:

it’s year 2 of a massive overhaul and rebuild. 

We’re not gonna win by turning the coaching staff over every other year. We have to give him time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We may have looked horrible today. But let me say this. We're still Auburn, and if Oklahoma thinks they can just waltz into JHS next week and have their way with us, then, well, they're probably right. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Everything but time. Freeze needs time. And we have to give it to him. 

He has had plenty of time to field a team that is prepared to play Arkansas.  Defense was not prepared for a huge portion of the game. Can’t get off the field on 3rd down. The offense,  well it is a joke. 

• Like 1

I am watching Vandy drive down the field on Mizzou, but we are losing to Arkansas at home because it is a "rebuild."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, tigerrules said:

He has had plenty of time to field a team that is prepared to play Arkansas.  Defense was not prepared for a huge portion of the game. Can’t get off the field on 3rd down. The offense,  well it is a joke. 

It’s literally four games into year two. 

you and I have a very different definition of “time.”

At least Freeze came cheap 

Hardin did as much or more with less. Need some coaching self-evaluation. Offense anemic. Defense pensive. Special teams inconsistent. Overall not in a good place as a program. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hardin bb

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

We’re not gonna win by turning the coaching staff over every other year. We have to give him time. 

We really don’t have a choice regardless of what any of us say. There are financial limitations for everyone at some point and it is what it is.  The whole thing has just become one big fat s***show sadly. 

• Like 1

Freeze may or may not be the guy, but we can’t keep on with our shenanigans of paying buyouts.

He’s gotta have 3 seasons. That’s more than fair in the age of the portal. 

• Like 4

Just now, NoALtiger said:

We really don’t have a choice regardless of what any of us say. There are financial limitations for everyone at some point and it is what it is.  The whole thing has just become one big fat s***show sadly. 

I still think the gravity of the shitshow Freeze inherited is lost on a lot of people here.

He’s still building. That will take time. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

But yeah, imo the on the field coaching and personnel decisions are not good right now. I saw this train wreck with Hank coming a mile away.

Thorne is not great, but he’s our best option. Let him caretake and win what we can while we’re still building rather than playing this game where the backup is suddenly the most popular guy you have on the team. 

No Thorne is not. U don’t see how the demeanor of the offense is different with Hank in there. Turnovers killed the drives with Hank. Hank had good pocket awareness. PT still doesn’t have good pocket awareness and throw uncatchable  balls. 

• Like 3

Just now, e808 said:

No Thorne is not. U don’t see how the demeanor of the offense is different with Hank in there. Turnovers killed the drives with Hank. Hank had good pocket awareness. PT still doesn’t have good pocket awareness and throw uncatchable  balls. 

Hank caused most of those turnovers. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am watching Vandy drive down the field on Mizzou, but we are losing to Arkansas at home because it is a "rebuild."

Why did we not try to get Pavia? He is a baller and makes good decisions. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Well, it is going to be a longer rebuild than anticipated. Turnovers have cost us two games. We need talent is so many positions. We do not have a QB that is capable to even manage a game let alone win one. The Ollie actually looked decent. The defense still continues to give up 3rd and longs, guess that’s our curse. Other than that the defense improved a little. We are who the experts said we were bottom tier of the SEC. It is what it is. As long as we keep recruiting we will get to the promised land, I guess…

Just now, Never2Yield said:

We would've had to hire his coach too. But that is a good question.

• Love 1

Just now, Never2Yield said:

Pavia is a good fit for Vandy. Only marginally a P5 QB though. 

4 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

We may have looked horrible today. But let me say this. We're still Auburn, and if Oklahoma thinks they can just waltz into JHS next week and have their way with us, then, well, they're probably right. 

I hate you a little for this, but also, I laughed.

• Haha 1

When Oklahoma puts 50 on us, the booing in the stadium will begin and will continue until Freeze is gone.  Gonna be a long season. 

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

Interceptions are uncatchable. Hank is not ready. PT’s int should have been caught by Cam. We do not have a “good” QB on the current roster. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

I still think the gravity of the shitshow Freeze inherited is lost on a lot of people here.

He’s still building. That will take time. 

For sure.

Hugh not bringing in a better option at QB didn’t help his rebuild any though. He would have at least kept the wolves at bay if he would have showed a little better decision making on that and tried to make this a quicker turnaround. As it looks now, he looks as stubborn as Gus did when he’s got his mind made up. 

2 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Freeze may or may not be the guy, but we can’t keep on with our shenanigans of paying buyouts.

He’s gotta have 3 seasons. That’s more than fair in the age of the portal. 

I agree to a point. It depends on what happens. If u start losing recruits , guys hit the portal and people stopping coming to the games that’s rough.  That’s a decision the powers that be will have to make. The mental toughness and preparation for games is very concerning 

• Like 1