Post Vs Arkansas Thread

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

Probably not the best day for us to be judgmental on that.

Colorado’s hype again. Just like last year. 

• Facepalm 1

Not defending our current coach but...We are starting 14 transfers and 3 freshman are in the starting rotation. 17 of 22 not counting special teams. Looks to me  like there was not much talent here and this is a serious rebuilding effort .  Quick question. If you were the GM for AU last spring.. Would you go after a 1 mill $ 1 year QB  (Cam possibly)  when the supporting  cast is not there to make any sort of run? Obvious to most  that our dline is subpar and our line backers are average.  Our offensive tackles are ,well.. bad.  We definitely don't have a sec ready QB so that seems a recipe for 1 maybe 2 sec wins this year. Hope I'm wrong 

• Like 1

I was never a freeze fan, due to his past, but unlike some people was willing to give him a chance. He's never seemed like he's excited to be our coach, that doesn't bother a lot of people it seems but it bothers me. The fact that we got rid of 2 coordinators and have somehow regressed is mind boggling. He is gonna have to do a complete 180 imo and at this point I just don't see it happening. Crazy how the 5 star up the road is balling out but our 5 star is short arming and loafing. I think our culture is absolutely in the crapper rn. That's just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I was never a freeze fan, due to his past, but unlike some people was willing to give him a chance. He's never seemed like he's excited to be our coach, that doesn't bother a lot of people it seems but it bothers me. The fact that we got rid of 2 coordinators and have somehow regressed is mind boggling. He is gonna have to do a complete 180 imo and at this point I just don't see it happening. Crazy how the 5 star up the road is balling out but our 5 star is short arming and loafing. I think our culture is absolutely in the crapper rn. That's just my 2 cents.

I still think it’s lost on a lot of people just how far AU was deep into a hole. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Talking about Shaduer. Deion is a hype man.  I love him, but he’s not a coach. 

In the post I replied to you were talking about Colorado.

I took it that you were considering the relative merits of the entire Colorado football team as a reflection on the coach, which would make sense, not one player on the team, which would be odd IMO (even the QB).

Either way, thanks for the clarification.

Just now, AUDub said:

Colorado’s hype again. Just like last year. 

I too was a major DS promoter. Being successful at Colorado is problematic.

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

I too was a major DS promoter. Being successful at Colorado is problematic.

He bombed last year and only just beat a D1AA team a week ago.

Proper are reading a lot more into where they are than is warranted.   

Just now, AUDub said:

I still think it’s lost on a lot of people just how far AU was deep into a hole. 

At some point we have to stop making excuses.  BP took a much worse program, far worse and brought it up to standard in year 4. The fact that we aren't seeing any and I mean ANY positive signs moving forward other than "recruiting" is concerning. We def aren't coaching up the guys we recruited last year it seems 

• Like 1

At some point we have to stop making excuses.  BP took a much worse program, far worse and brought it up to standard in year 4. The fact that we aren't seeing any and I mean ANY positive signs moving forward other than "recruiting" is concerning. We def aren't coaching up the guys we recruited last year it seems 

It took BP 4 years. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

It took BP 4 years. 

4 years with a program in much worse state than football. Yall overblow this whole AU is in terrible shape we are in the transfer portal era. A whole roster can be fixed in less than 2 years. It hasn't, we regressed. I really don't know what yall don't see other than blind following.

Edited by Maverick.AU

It was hot

The stadium felt like a JP 11am kickoff.

Stupid penalties on defense gave Arkansas 2 3rd and longs

I don’t know if that fake punt was on purpose or not but it was dumb.

WRs have balls hitting them right in the hands

Hugh refuses to lean on the one part of the offense that is working.  

Auburn is saving me a lot of money.  No way am I going to drive from Huntsville and spend my time and money to watch another game like that.  

Hey Day Food Hall was pretty cool

4 years with a program in much worse state than au's. Yall overblow this whole AU is in terrible shape we are in the transfer portal era. A whole roster can be fixed in less than 2 years. It hasn't, we regressed. I really don't know what yall don't see other than blind following.

“in much worse state the AU’s”

my bother in Christ, BP literally rebuilt AU

Just now, AUDub said:

“in much worse state the AU’s”

my bother in Christ, BP literally rebuilt AU

I edited to say u football, u know what I meant. BP took an a way worse program and brought it up by year 4. 

It still took him 4 years. In basketball, which is far easier to rebuild than football given the rosters. 

Just now, AUDub said:

It still took him 4 years. In basketball, which is far easier to rebuild than football given the rosters. 

Oh good lord this blind following is insane. When he shows me that he can actually coach a lick at AU, I'll start to believe him, but he hasn't shown me any signs of progress. He has shown major regression imo 

Oh good lord this blind following is insane. When he shows me that he can actually coach a lick at AU, I'll start to believe him, but he hasn't shown me any signs of progress. He has shown major regression imo 

Moving the goalposts. 

If that's moving the goalpost to u idk what to say

You’re a talker. Bring me one of those chickens. 

Basketball has less than 25% the roster of football. Two blue chips and you can be competitive. I love BP but footballs scale makes it a tougher turn around.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

4 years with a program in much worse state than football. 

True, but you can make a much bigger impact in BB with far fewer recruits. Eight great recruits (if they are the right guys to fill the needs) over 3-4 years can completely transform a basketball program.  And Pearl does get a five star here and there, but he mostly excels at finding diamonds in the rough that buy into his system.

I'm not arguing against what you are saying generally.  I agree that the football staff has not done a good job with what we do have and Pearl does a fantastic job with what he gets.

But generally comparing basketball & football is a bit of a mismatch IMO.

4 hours ago, AUDub said:

it’s year 2 of a massive overhaul and rebuild. 

Agree. The team needs players. It starts with a qb. 

Just now, gr82b4au said:

Agree. The team needs players. It starts with a qb. 

It should have begun with a qb is the frustration. 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Lol goodnight

If any more words come out of your mouth then I’m going to have to eat every chicken in this room. 

Edited by AUDub