Post Vs Arkansas Thread

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

Pavia is a good fit for Vandy. Only marginally a P5 QB though. 

He sure looked like an P5/SEC QB today!

Edited by gctiger

Just now, gctiger said:

He sure like an SEC QB today!

Vandy will win 6 games. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Here’s my kicker on that. Don’t get sold on the glow-worm and start your backup just because he looked good against a G5 team.

Should have never made that swap. Thorne wins this game, just like he did last year. Full stop. 

Well, I’d argue that if that’s the case, why was it that he lost the California game? 

• Like 1

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

Well, I’d argue that if that’s the case, why was it that he lost the California game? 

He had a bad game. 

Sometimes people do that. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

He had a bad game. 

Sometimes people do that. 

Then one can make that argument for Hank, also.  Your reasoning just isn’t resonating.  My take is we don’t have a winning QB on the roster, so it doesn’t matter who trots out there.

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Here’s my kicker on that. Don’t get sold on the glow-worm and start your backup just because he looked good against a G5 team.

Should have never made that swap. Thorne wins this game, just like he did last year. Full stop. 

Thorne is bad and so is Hank (right now, at least). There is no answer at QB. This is entirely Freeze's fault. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Then one can make that argument for Hank, also.  Your reasoning just isn’t resonating.  My take is we don’t have a winning QB on the team, so it doesn’t matter who tries out there.

Thorne was a 3 man rush and freaking Brock Bowers and whatever away form beating Bama and UGA.

I just watched Hank erase our entire offense for two quarters against *mediocre* competition that Thorne obliterated a year ago at their house. 

8 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Vandy will win 6 games. 

Maybe so, but that doesn’t change the way he looked today.  One of Vandy’s wins will likely be against Auburn.

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Thorne was a 3 man rush and freaking Brock Bowers and whatever away form beating Bama and UGA.

I just watched Hank erase our entire offense for two quarters against *mediocre* competition that Thorne obliterated a year ago at their house. 

Ok, Mr. Thorne. You win..

Just now, gctiger said:

Maybe so, but that doesn’t change the way he looked today.  One of Vandy’s wins will likely be against Auburn.

We’re gonna mop the floor with them provided we start Thorne. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

Ok, Mr. Thorne. You win..

Just now, AUDub said:

Bookmark this post. 

Just now, AUDub said:

Where is all of your confidence coming from?😂

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Where is all of your confidence coming from?😂

Knowing where the problem is. 

35 minutes ago, e808 said:

Arkansas doesn’t have superior QB play. They won’t be winning many more games this year. Cal QB is serviceable but won’t be in the playoffs either . Superior QB play is Ward, Ewers, Milroe

Even relative to Auburn’s QB play, those performances they put on don’t win you many Power 4 games. Cal’s QB was largely a non-factor for an entire half and Ark’s guys were god awful. 

Off of the top my head, Auburn has had multiple instances of WRs half assing catch attempts leading to picks, Alston fumbling, the offensive line getting chomped in obvious rushing/passing attempts (bigger problem last real game vs this one), the DL whiffing in edge contain, the CBs being food in one on one coverage, and the punt returner putting drives in jeopardy. Not to mention the coaching ineptitude at times 

Even if these foundational issues may not have resulted in a loss against Cal or Arkansas if your QB play wasn’t horrid (which is very arguable), they would’ve definitely came to roost when we play actually good teams later in the schedule. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Then one can make that argument for Hank, also.  Your reasoning just isn’t resonating.  My take is we don’t have a winning QB on the roster, so it doesn’t matter who trots out there.

I would take Thornes experience and mobility any day over Hank. Thorne had nothing in terms of support last year. This year he does. You don't pull him after one bad game this year. No coach would make that call. Its baffling that Freeze did and it bit him in his ass

10 minutes ago, cbo said:

Thorne is bad and so is Hank (right now, at least). There is no answer at QB. This is entirely Freeze's fault. 

Don’t worry. QB this year isn’t important. We will definitely get one in the portal next year.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

He had 8 years to duplicate 2013.  Never came close except 2017.

2013 was a double-edge sword for Gus. Sky high expectations from day 1, but made him a ton of money. 

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Don’t worry. QB this year isn’t important. We will definitely get one in the portal next year.

Who cares about the games at all? As long as we do well at recruiting. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Hearing Hugh is talking with Grayson McCall on whatsapp 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I think you have an image that this team (or the offense at least) is as good/bad as it was last year outside of Thorne. It has looked worse to me, including Thorne himself. If we’re going to use last year as evidence, the Thorne that was out in California was 5x better than the one that played them in Auburn this year. 

• Like 1

Just now, arktiger1975 said:

They did lose to Georgia State.

Thorne is an 8 win QB. Hugh messed it up by caving to the fans and starting Hank. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think you have an image that this team (or the offense at least) is as good/bad as it was last year outside of Thorne. It has looked worse to me, including Thorne himself. If we’re going to use last year as evidence, the Thorne that was out in California was 5x better than the one that played them in Auburn this year. 

Did we watch the same Cal game last year lol.