Post Vs Arkansas Thread

7 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

We’ve been chasing Alabama’s success since Saban ran Tubs off, and have made 15 years worth of average  hires, two based on if they ever beat Saban.  Instead of grabbing someone after Tubs for the long haul, we went with bargain basement hires that we still ended up paying 3 salaries during one stretch.

Yeah, we got one NC and another appearance…and that is all.  That. Is. All.

We’re in a hell of a hole because of it. Auburn Auburning. It’s a thing.

Yeah, I’m sure we had people beating down the door to come here in December 2008, starring down what Saban was building. If I were the decision maker at the time I would’ve kept Tubs and defensive staff but forced him to fire the offensive staff and bring in Gus and his assistants. Hiring Gus was the best move at that time we could’ve realistically made. I am so, so sorry for the things I said about him. I would give a lot for 2010s results at this point (as I’ve stated many times, my realistic goal has been to get back to where we were in the four years pre-pandemic).

With both cal and arky we lost to far superior and cleaner qb play. We can try to make it more complex than that, but it isnt.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, difball said:

Well he should have lost his last matchup vs ARK when Bo couldn’t spike a ball right and the refs bailed him out. 

Almost doesn’t count. That’s why it’s called a game of inches. Probably one of the few times Auburn is the recipient of a break. As of late it seems nothing goes Auburns way

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

With both cal and arky we lost to far superior and cleaner qb play. We can try to make it more complex than that, but it isnt.

Arkansas doesn’t have superior QB play. They won’t be winning many more games this year. Cal QB is serviceable but won’t be in the playoffs either . Superior QB play is Ward, Ewers, Milroe

Edited by e808
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Wait Hugh said he wasn’t worth it !!!

I mean, shelling out a ton of nil money for a one-and-done player does seem a bit wasteful. We’d be right back in our qb mess the next season. But I sure would like some wins now,too. Haha. 

It sucks but the sky isn’t falling. If our QB’s and RB’s don’t cough it up 9 times between Cal and Arkansas, we’re probably 4-0. It’s some coaching and execution but them coughing it up was backbreaking. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Wait Hugh said he wasn’t worth it !!!

I mean, shelling out a ton of nil money for a one-and-done player does seem a bit wasteful. We’d be right back in our qb mess the next season. But I sure would like some wins now,too. Haha. 

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

I still think the gravity of the shitshow Freeze inherited is lost on a lot of people here.

He’s still building. That will take time. 

Yeah it was a mess. I’m somewhere between he was left with nothing and he should be able to fill these gaps quicker in today’s landscape 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

Arkansas doesn’t have superior QB play. They won’t be winning many more games this year. Cal QB is serviceable but won’t be in the playoffs either 

Superior compared to our qb’s doesn’t mean they’re great or even good. Just that they are better than ours.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Yeah, I’m sure we had people beating down the door to come here in December 2008, starring down what Saban was building. If I were the decision maker at the time I would’ve kept Tubs and defensive staff but forced him to fire the offensive staff and bring in Gus and his assistants. Hiring Gus was the best move at that time we could’ve realistically made. I am so, so sorry for the things I said about him. I would give a lot for 2010s results at this point (as I’ve stated many times, my realistic goal has been to get back to where we were in the four years pre-pandemic).

I doubt Tubbs would of went for that type of micromanagement. Besides Tubbs was tired of Auburn, and Auburn was tired of Tubbs. I agree Gus was the right hire at the time,but Gus grew stale and we were tired of mediocrity. Gus lost me when he s%$t the bed in 2017.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Yes, but would a portal QB be any better? Look at DJ Uiagalelei at FSU. There is a reason a QB is in the portal—because they have not lived up to expectations and are not going to start where they are. The exception is a smaller school QB who has exceeded expectations and wants to play a higher level. Then there is the Bo Nix situation where he got his feelings hurt.

Got his feelings hurt?  LOL.  He got tired of getting the crap beat out of him, and of losing, because he didn't have enough depth around him.  Our current and committed 'stars' are going to bail, too, if Auburn doesn't at least beat the teams we SHOULD easily beat.  These kids have options and they aren't going to stick around to play for a poorly-coached dumpster fire of a team.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AUwent said:

He had 8 years to duplicate 2013.  Never came close except 2017.

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

He had 8 years to duplicate 2013.  Never came close except 2017.

Gus is a good guy but stubborn lol. 

• Like 2

Just now, AUDub said:

Gus is a good guy but stubborn lol. 

I met Gus, very nice guy. Yes, mule stubborn and paranoid.

2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I met Gus, very nice guy. Yes, mule stubborn and paranoid.

Ran a clean program. But mediocre. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Golden Eagle said:

Our current and committed 'stars' are going to bail, too, if Auburn doesn't at least beat the teams we SHOULD easily beat.  These kids have options and they aren't going to stick around to play for a poorly-coached dumpster fire of a team.

The only team left we SHOULD easily beat is ULM. And that ain’t even a guarantee averaging 5 turnovers a game against P5 teams 

• Like 1

Well Oklahoma is stinking it up. So maybe there's hope for us next week. National turn around your team day September 28th

• Haha 1

I'm every bit as concerned with this team's inability to get three and outs on defense as I am with the poor production of the offense. True the defense isn't giving up a ton of points. How many possessions are they giving back to the offense. I swear to God if I see another three-man Rush on 3rd and long I'm going to come through my TV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, shabby said:

Well Oklahoma is stinking it up. So maybe there's hope for us next week. National turn around your team day September 28th

They’re playing a better team than we just did…

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AUDub said:

But they weren’t in the holes we were either. Kirby followed Richt and Saban followed Shula, who recruited well enough.

Hugh followed Harsin. 

Not asking for the same win loss record. Just asking for some semblance of improvement. Want to see a semi-competent team at this point. 

• Like 2

Just now, bishoptf said:

A lot like the guy coaching now....

That guy has less to work with. He deserves time. 

2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

They’re playing a better team than we just did…

I think we would have had a much better performance I would have started thorn. I can guarantee you the one will start against Oklahoma. I'm not saying we'll beat him. I'm just saying maybe there's a little bit of Hope

Just now, cbo said:

Not asking for the same win loss record. Just asking for some semblance of improvement. Want to see a semi-competent team at this point. 

Here’s my kicker on that. Don’t get sold on the glow-worm and start your backup just because he looked good against a G5 team.

Should have never made that swap. Thorne wins this game, just like he did last year. Full stop. 

• Haha 1